New York native, wanted to be suicide bomber

PixieStix

Platinum Member
Apr 2, 2009
LONDON (CNN) -- A New York man who pleaded guilty in January to charges of aiding al Qaeda was ready to be a suicide bomber for the organization, but was told he needed more religious instruction, according to a document obtained by CNN on Thursday.
art.mountains.gi.jpg
Bryant Neal Vinas says he spent time in the mountains of Waziristan with al Qaeda members.

corner_wire_BL.gif

Bryant Neal Vinas gave an interview in March to Belgian prosecutors as part of a terrorism case there involving a cell he was associated with. CNN obtained the prosecution-prepared interview summary document from a Belgian defense attorney, and it was authenticated by both a federal prosecutor in New York and Vinas' defense attorney.
The French-language document gives a detailed picture of how Vinas traveled from New York to Pakistan and what he did while he was there.
Vinas pleaded guilty in January to charges of conspiracy to murder U.S. nationals, providing material support to a foreign terrorist organization and receiving military-type training from a foreign terrorist organization, the FBI said Wednesday.
He admitted involvement in an attack on a U.S. military base in Afghanistan in September 2008, according to an indictment filed under seal and made public Wednesday. In addition, authorities said he provided al Qaeda with information about the New York transit system and the Long Island Railroad.
Vinas, 26, is an American citizen, said a source close to the investigation. He was arrested in Pakistan, the source said.
According to the document obtained Thursday, the Queens, New York-born Vinas converted from Catholicism to Islam in 2004. He hooked up with al Qaeda in Pakistan three years later, and by September 2007 was determined to wage jihad in Afghanistan, the document says.

New Yorker says he would have been suicide bomber - CNN.com

This guy betrayed his country in the worst way.

Last edited:
He can still be a suicide bomber. Strap a few bombs to him and detonate him from a distance. I'd recommend either July 4th or January 1st. He'd make a great show.

He can still be a suicide bomber. Strap a few bombs to him and detonate him from a distance. I'd recommend either July 4th or January 1st. He'd make a great show.

We could do it on 9-11. Or push him off the empire state building, while we all cry allahuakbar...peice be upon him :eusa_angel:

During the cordial FBI visits last year, the agents asked about Vinas without mentioning Al Qaeda. Juan Vinas said he showed them his son's room. The agents took a laptop computer and photos with them.

When told during the interviews about allegations that his son attended training camps, Vinas' father slumped forward. He pressed a reporter for more information.

"I think, so many times, is he in trouble?" he said. "I don't think he would be in trouble with, like, terrorists. I think he was in Pakistan because he was excited about the religion."

U.S.-born militant who fought for Al Qaeda is in custody - Qaeda - News : WorldAnalysis.net

Ya think, Dad?

he was from the same town as Lieutenant Michael Murphy the Navy Seal posthumously awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor, talk about opposite sides of the spectrum, with Murphy the town produced greatness and with this guy it produced filth.

he was from the same town as Lieutenant Michael Murphy the Navy Seal posthumously awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor, talk about opposite sides of the spectrum, with Murphy the town produced greatness and with this guy it produced filth.

Wow, noose. That is weird huh?

This guy must have had help, so says the documents

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2009/07/23/2009-07-2
By the account of federal prosecutors, this 26-year-old from Long Island became a voluntary, zealous and dangerously active conscript of Al Qaeda, traveling halfway around the world to the wilds of Pakistan to wage war against America.
To train with terror masters.
To participate in rocket attacks on U.S. forces in Afghanistan.
To provide Al Qaeda with "expert advice and assistance ... derived from specialized knowledge of the New York transit system and Long Island Rail Road."
Vinas was captured by Pakistani forces in November. He is said to have since been cooperating with authorities in Europe and New York, admitting all and implicating many.
Perhaps this is his way of seeking reentry to the fold. If so, the way is barred. Perhaps he hopes for an eventual leniency, however slight, in sentencing. That hope, too, is foreclosed.
No one who conspires to attack the heart of New York with the successors to the fanatics who slaughtered almost 3,000 innocents here gets a nanosecond's consideration.
No one who was born on this soil with all the rights and privileges bestowed by the U.S. Constitution and who then, of his own volition, joins enemy forces in an assault on American military personnel can be spared the obliterating weight of the law.
Vinas is now but a resource to be drained of intelligence and a specimen to be studied like a pinned bug. He belongs to a dangerous species little seen in America but greatly to be feared: the homegrown terrorist.
His transformation from an unremarkable young man in the outer suburb of Patchogue, from a member of a devoutly Catholic family, to an Islamic zealot on the frontiers of Waziristan must be fully examined.
Along the way, Vinas gained an interest in studying Arabic and the Muslim faith. Fine. But, in so doing, he joined the tiny minority of converts who become radicalized. How did that happen? Why was he susceptible? Who helped him down the path?

Read more:
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2009/07/23/2009-07-23_who_backed_the_traitor_new_york_al_qaeda_recruit_must_have_had_help_betraying_am.html#ixzz0M8VjpQRQ
3_who_backed_the_traitor_new_york_al_qaeda_recruit_must_have_had_help_betraying_am.html

Let's just strap him to a bomb on one of our aircraft and drop him in the land of Allah. He can check out the view on his way down. Give him something to talk to those 77 virgins about.

Nah, too easy. Put a sign on the whorebastard saying "I am al qaeda and I tried to help kill alot of you", and drop him off in Bed Stuy or Brownsville.

I'd give him maybe 4 minutes...it would be like watching a bleeding fish tossed into a shark frenzy, or a swarm of piranhas...

Forum List

Back