Is the conservative banning on Facebook helping dems win elections?

Did you ever think for one minute that when a post shows up on someones [sic] feed on FB that person can report it as spam or offensive and that is why you are banned? I get shit all the time on my feed and I report as spam and I'm sure millions others do too.

So why is it that it is conservative opinions, being thus censored, far more often than LIbEral opinions, if LIbEral opinions are being censored at all?

Two possible explanations come to mind…

• LIbEral users are more likely to report opposing opinions—however legitimate they may be—as “offensive” or as “hate speech”, than conservatives are.
    …or…
  • These media, in responding to such complaints, do so with a very pronounced bias against conservative opinions

Either way, it strongly supports my main point, which is this: LIbErals know damn well that they cannot defend their opinions through honest and open argument, so they seek to win by cheating, by having opposing opinions censored, and in some cases, by having people punished for even daring to express such opposing opinions.

And I would add to that that one who thinks that one can only defend his point of view by resorting to such censorship, if he were rational and honest, would have to realize that his point of view is wrong. A point of view that is truly valid would not need to be defended by such intellectually-dishonest, unethical, and cowardly means.

I have never had any of my political posts removed, but I've heard FB does it all the time to famous people.

Your point is valid, they do not want conservatives heard. That's why they protest and even make threats at colleges, or otherwise try to shutdown a venue at a town hall. When conservatives are really listened to, that's how the left loses followers.

On the other hand, we welcome liberals speaking. We want everybody in the country to hear what they are all about: getting rid of ICE, special protections for weirdos in dresses, free college for illegals, disarming law abiding citizens, replacing air planes with train tracks, the end of the world in 11 years, virtual open borders.....all of it.

In fact if we can help in any way, we are willing to do so. Pass out flyers, turn up the PA, anything to get the liberal message out to the public.

"We can't eliminate all liberals. We need to keep some around to remind the people what we don't want this country to look like."
Rush Limbaugh
If we don’t have access of conservatives destroying democrats POV then the kids only hear one side which Will be devastating to America. We all deserve a fair chance to speak to the issues.

You don’t have a right to be hosted on another’s server. Stop whining and start your own social media platforms. It should an instant success consderied how oppressed conservatives are all over social media, but requires too work, time, and, money which is why see fools rushing for moar gubmint interference.

There is a social media website for conservatives. It's Parler.com. However it's never going to be as large as the people who got in on the ground floor. Nobody will ever beat Twitter or Facebook. They got too large before anybody else got into the game.

Did you ever think for one minute that when a post shows up on someones [sic] feed on FB that person can report it as spam or offensive and that is why you are banned? I get shit all the time on my feed and I report as spam and I'm sure millions others do too.

So why is it that it is conservative opinions, being thus censored, far more often than LIbEral opinions, if LIbEral opinions are being censored at all?

• LIbEral users are more likely to report opposing opinions—however legitimate they may be—as “offensive” or as “hate speech”, than conservatives are.
    …or…
  • These media, in responding to such complaints, do so with a very pronounced bias against conservative opinions

Either way, it strongly supports my main point, which is this: LIbErals know damn well that they cannot defend their opinions through honest and open argument, so they seek to win by cheating, by having opposing opinions censored, and in some cases, by having people punished for even daring to express such opposing opinions.

And I would add to that that one who thinks that one can only defend his point of view by resorting to such censorship, if he were rational and honest, would have to realize that his point of view is wrong. A point of view that is truly valid would not need to be defended by such intellectually-dishonest, unethical, and cowardly means.

I have never had any of my political posts removed, but I've heard FB does it all the time to famous people.

Your point is valid, they do not want conservatives heard. That's why they protest and even make threats at colleges, or otherwise try to shutdown a venue at a town hall. When conservatives are really listened to, that's how the left loses followers.

On the other hand, we welcome liberals speaking. We want everybody in the country to hear what they are all about: getting rid of ICE, special protections for weirdos in dresses, free college for illegals, disarming law abiding citizens, replacing air planes with train tracks, the end of the world in 11 years, virtual open borders.....all of it.

In fact if we can help in any way, we are willing to do so. Pass out flyers, turn up the PA, anything to get the liberal message out to the public.

"We can't eliminate all liberals. We need to keep some around to remind the people what we don't want this country to look like."
Rush Limbaugh
If we don’t have access of conservatives destroying democrats POV then the kids only hear one side which Will be devastating to America. We all deserve a fair chance to speak to the issues.

We really don't because it's a private company. They can do whatever they wish with their own site. Before I came here, I was on Topix. The problem with that discussion group is they constantly removed conservative messages. When I got fed up with it, I quit going there. I guess many others did as well, because they are no longer in business.

Typical statist Trump lover...whining and wanting the government come to the rescue!
Do you think Facebook is now America’s public square?

Facebook is a private company, they are not the “public square”.
Typical statist Trump lover...whining and wanting the government come to the rescue!

is it considered a public square for Democrats? Mic drop

It is a private company now matter how many times you lie about it?
But was it advertised as a public square do they advertise to the left wing as a public square for them to push their agenda yes or no

And Budweiser is advertised King of beers...does not make it true

…or…

Rush Limbaugh

We really don't because it's a private company. They can do whatever they wish with their own site. Before I came here, I was on Topix. The problem with that discussion group is they constantly removed conservative messages. When I got fed up with it, I quit going there. I guess many others did as well, because they are no longer in business.
So let Facebook come out and say they are left wing campaign machine. If they don’t this is dangerous to our democracy..

Facebook should come with a warning sign every time yor log in,, “we are left wing propaganda machine” welcome

many will leave

You don’t have a right to be hosted on another’s server. Stop whining and start your own social media platforms. It should an instant success consderied how oppressed conservatives are all over social media, but requires too work, time, and, money which is why see fools rushing for moar gubmint interference.

There is a social media website for conservatives. It's Parler.com. However it's never going to be as large as the people who got in on the ground floor. Nobody will ever beat Twitter or Facebook. They got too large before anybody else got into the game.

That is what they said about MySpace and AOL

But was it advertised as a public square do they advertise to the left wing as a public square for them to push their agenda yes or no

Are you comparing our Bill of Rights to what a bear says about their motto? Lol wow

…or…

Rush Limbaugh

So let Facebook come out and say they are left wing campaign machine. If they don’t this is dangerous to our democracy..

Facebook should come with a warning sign every time yor log in,, “we are left wing propaganda machine” welcome

many will leave

80% of my contacts on FB are far right conservatives. None have had any issues

Are you comparing our Bill of Rights to what a bear says about their motto? Lol wow

No, I am comparing two advertising slogans...since you brought it up

…or…

Rush Limbaugh

many will leave

How do you know? Did you talk to them all? Did you ask everyone if they been banned? I been banned 8 times

I've had several of, my posts censored, and been in “Facebook Jail” several times, unable to post, for as much s a month at a time. All for expressing legitimate opinions, and even obvious, objective truths which ought to have not been controversial at all, which they called “hate speech”

"We can't eliminate all liberals. We need to keep some around to remind people what we don't want this country to look like."
Rush Limbaugh

I think there's a good point there.

We don't want to censor LIbErals to be censored. The more rational people hear what modern LIbErals have to say, the more it makes our case for us. The same is not true going the other way. LIbErals don't want us to be heard, because we make sense, and they cannot give any rational, honest arguments against our points.

Rush Limbaugh

many will leave

How do you know? Did you talk to them all? Did you ask everyone if they been banned? I been banned 8 times

Liar

That is what they said about MySpace and AOL

I don't know anything about MySpace, but AOL just didn't keep up with technology. I still use them for my email though.

I think social media is a little different because all your friends and family belong to it. You hate to be the one to leave because you are leaving all those people behind. But you never know. If FB or Twitter pisses off enough people, they will get tired of it and leave.

Two years ago most young average Americans newsfeeds included Milo destroying democrats in debates, freedom fighter Tommy Robinson, the great Alex jones, and countless other conservatives kicking ass online that were slowly eliminated from Facebook Twitter and alpha rhythmed out of the system.

and we see very conservative Democrats winning that’s ok I guess.. but Democrat party was getting beat up every day and the millions of kids were watching it!

they were saying that that generation was gonna be the most conservative in the history of America

Facebook was going to have none of that!
Trump needs to bring back the public square which is now FACEBOOK! Defend free speech!
Bring our boys home

The purpose of the banning is just that. To prevent a other "2016".

I've had several of, my posts censored, and been in “Facebook Jail” several times, unable to post, for as much s a month at a time. All for expressing legitimate opinions, and even obvious, objective truths which ought to have not been controversial at all, which they called “hate speech”

"We can't eliminate all liberals. We need to keep some around to remind people what we don't want this country to look like."
Rush Limbaugh

I think there's a good point there.

We don't want to censor LIbErals to be censored. The more rational people hear what modern LIbErals have to say, the more it makes our case for us. The same is not true going the other way. LIbErals don't want us to be heard, because we make sense, and they cannot give any rational, honest arguments against our points.

Correct. After Bush won his reelection, the Democrats concluded that the reason was Rush Limbaugh. So their idea was to create their own version of Limbaugh. He addressed it on his show.

Limbaugh said it's impossible for the left to make a liberal version of him. "The reason being is that it's the liberals who are the entertainment on my show. We read what they write, we play excerpts from liberal shows, liberals are the entertainment. You can't do that with conservatives, so there will never be a successful liberal version of me!"

They must have taken his advice, because they never did try to create a leftist Limbaugh.

So much crazy to unpack...

1. Facebook is a private company, free speech does not apply
2. Don't be a racist dick and you won't get kicked off.

The overwhelmingly vast majority of those who have been kicked off, censored, suppressed, or otherwise punished by Facebook, Twitter, etc., for expressing opinions that these media find disagreeable, are not racists and have never expressed any opinions that can honestly or rationally be construed as such.

“Racism” has just become another bullshit excuse, another false accusation for LIbErals to cry in order to try to silence those arguments which they cannot refute by any honest means.

Give examples.

No, I am comparing two advertising slogans...since you brought it up
Facebook advertised as a public square people join for that reason and they should be allowed to hear all sides of the story. Or have a warning sign we are a left-wing campaign machine

Correct. After Bush won his reelection, the Democrats concluded that the reason was Rush Limbaugh. So their idea was to create their own version of Limbaugh. He addressed it on his show.

Limbaugh said it's impossible for the left to make a liberal version of him. "The reason being is that it's the liberals who are the entertainment on my show. We read what they write, we play excerpts from liberal shows, liberals are the entertainment. You can't do that with conservatives, so there will never be a successful liberal version of me!"

They must have taken his advice, because they never did try to create a leftist Limbaugh.

I can remember some serious attempts to do so. At some point, there was even a left wrong-wing radio network, populated with left wrong-wing hosts, all trying to be the left wrong-wing counterpart to Rush Limbaugh. They failed spectacularly.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back