Is racism on the rise?

I'm proud to be Irish

So... why the fuck are you in my country? Why do you not go back to Ireland?
, 99.9% pure!
Pure what? Black Irish? Celt? Roman?

And anyone that wants to tell me I shouldn't be deserves a punch in the nose. :eusa_hand:

You're proud because of something you have no control over?

Even Neonazis would laugh at you. When they tell you to name five things you're proud of, your skin isn't an acceptable answer.

Are you proud to be born on a particular day of the week, too? You had more control over that than you did your racial mix.

In other words there is no inate or genetic factor in diferences in IQ in various groups

Heritability of IQ is ~80-85% when looking at adults

Studies regarding the IQ of children adopted by members of other races refute the study you mention

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Race-Reality-Differences-Vincent-Sarich/dp/0813340861]Amazon.com: Race: The Reality Of Human Differences (9780813340869): Vincent Sarich, Frank Miele: Books[/ame]

I'm proud to be Irish, 99.9% pure! And anyone that wants to tell me I shouldn't be deserves a punch in the nose. :eusa_hand:

You know Ravi, I'm proud of my roots, too (mostly German, with a smattering of Scots); I'm proud of my ancestors, who fought for freedom in all our wars, from the Revolution on, and I'm proud to be a South Carolinian, a Southerner, and most of all, an American. But I didn't earn any of those things; they're an accident of birth; so what I'm most proud of, is what I chose to be: a husband, a father, a soldier who served my country, a volunteer EMT/Paramedic/Firefighter who served my community, a man who tried to stand for what was right, and against what was wrong, as best I knew it; who tried to make a difference. That's the best I could be; now that I'm old, it will have to do, and I think I can live (and die) with that.
All that is fine...but you can't really tell other people how they should feel. Kind of unconservative of you, no?

IMO people can and should care about their ancestors and their ancestral history...but if people don't it doesn't matter. If they do, no one should smack them around over it.

You misunderstand, Ravi; I'm not trying to tell anyone how they should feel. That's an exercise in futility, anyway; it would be about as useful as asking you not to think of a pink elephant. I'm just trying to present another way of looking at who we are, and what matters. There's no instruction book with all the right answers in life for everyone. We each walk our own path in life, with our own choices, our own obstacles, our own priorities, and our own successes and failures. Now that I'm nearing the end of the journey, I'm afraid all I can offer anyone, is what i've found along the way that works for me. God may have the right answers for everyone, but I'm not Him.

@ flagwavr

The goal is not to get the percentage of blacks in any one profession up the the percentage of blacks in America. Additionally, doctors have to go through a battery of education and test to prove they can be doctors. That weeds out the ones not deserving off the break

My point is that the 15 point average iq gap between whites and blacks insures that for high IQ positions, like doctor, there will almost always be a pool of white candidates who will be more qualified than a black affirmative action hiree, and therefore promoting blacks cannot occur without discriminating against better qualified whites. Those who support affirmative action try to gloss over the fact that it entails reverse discrimanation, but in almost every instance that's what's occurring.

In an exhaustive study on this, I believe it was Dickens and Flynn? (Brookings Institute) concluded that Asians have consistently scored above Caucasians and both Blacks and Hispanics have scored below non-Hispanic whites on standardized IQ tests over the last several decades. However the gap between Asians and non-Hispanic whites has narrowed as has the gap between non-Hispanic whites and blacks and Hispanics. As the ratio of racial/ethnic intermarriage and other factors are too small to have made the significant differences observed, the conclusion of Dickens and Flynn was that the gains are due to environment and experience rather than due to any other significant cause.

In other words there is no inate or genetic factor in diferences in IQ in various groups but rather those differences are by far mostly due to culture, language, experience, affluence, environment.

Asians and non-Hispanic Caucasian cultures are largely open to experimentation, precision of language, appreciation for music, art, lifestyle, literature, and upward mobility. Asian and non-Hispanic Caucasians without these advantages fare no better than do blacks and Hispanics. And blacks and Hispanics who forego "eubonics" and some other cultural pressures and taboos re improving themselves will be much more likely to be on a par with others in the higher IQ range.

Black culture does itself no favors when it scorns those who 'act white'. And Asians, who have no such cultural pressures will more often excel and could teach everybody else something about work ethic and how to accomplish goals that comes from their culture.

Flynn is a political scientist, not an expert on intelligence. He was a civil rights worker back in the 1960s so he has an axe to grind. They fudged the numbers to show a shrinking IQ gap between the races that really doesnt exist. The IQ gap isnt shrinking, as you can see from the results of standardized test which still show blacks trailing whites by a significan margin.

Last edited:
My point is that the 15 point average iq gap between whites and blacks insures that for high IQ positions, like doctor, there will almost always be a pool of white candidates who will be more qualified than a black affirmative action hiree, and therefore promoting blacks cannot occur without discriminating against better qualified whites. Those who support affirmative action try to gloss over the fact that it entails reverse discrimanation, but in almost every instance that's what's occurring.

In an exhaustive study on this, I believe it was Dickens and Flynn? (Brookings Institute) concluded that Asians have consistently scored above Caucasians and both Blacks and Hispanics have scored below non-Hispanic whites on standardized IQ tests over the last several decades. However the gap between Asians and non-Hispanic whites has narrowed as has the gap between non-Hispanic whites and blacks and Hispanics. As the ratio of racial/ethnic intermarriage and other factors are too small to have made the significant differences observed, the conclusion of Dickens and Flynn was that the gains are due to environment and experience rather than due to any other significant cause.

In other words there is no inate or genetic factor in diferences in IQ in various groups but rather those differences are by far mostly due to culture, language, experience, affluence, environment.

Asians and non-Hispanic Caucasian cultures are largely open to experimentation, precision of language, appreciation for music, art, lifestyle, literature, and upward mobility. Asian and non-Hispanic Caucasians without these advantages fare no better than do blacks and Hispanics. And blacks and Hispanics who forego "eubonics" and some other cultural pressures and taboos re improving themselves will be much more likely to be on a par with others in the higher IQ range.

Black culture does itself no favors when it scorns those who 'act white'. And Asians, who have no such cultural pressures will more often excel and could teach everybody else something about work ethic and how to accomplish goals that comes from their culture.

Flynn is a political scientist, not an expert on intelligence. He was a civil rights worker back in the 1960s so he has an axe to grind. They fudged the numbers to show a shrinking IQ gap between the races that really doesnt exist. The IQ gap isnt shrinking, as you can see from the results of standardized test which still show blacks trailing whites by a significan margin.

Well we'll just have to disagree. My personal experience and what I read and what I observe and reading and listening to some of my heroes such as Shelby Steele, Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, William Raspberry, et al, all of whom have devoted much of their adult lives studying such issues, confirms to me that Flynn was right on.

Wouldn't it be better to know which color represents sanity?

129067568931684451.jpg

You know Ravi, I'm proud of my roots, too (mostly German, with a smattering of Scots); I'm proud of my ancestors, who fought for freedom in all our wars, from the Revolution on, and I'm proud to be a South Carolinian, a Southerner, and most of all, an American. But I didn't earn any of those things; they're an accident of birth; so what I'm most proud of, is what I chose to be: a husband, a father, a soldier who served my country, a volunteer EMT/Paramedic/Firefighter who served my community, a man who tried to stand for what was right, and against what was wrong, as best I knew it; who tried to make a difference. That's the best I could be; now that I'm old, it will have to do, and I think I can live (and die) with that.
All that is fine...but you can't really tell other people how they should feel. Kind of unconservative of you, no?

IMO people can and should care about their ancestors and their ancestral history...but if people don't it doesn't matter. If they do, no one should smack them around over it.

You misunderstand, Ravi; I'm not trying to tell anyone how they should feel. That's an exercise in futility, anyway; it would be about as useful as asking you not to think of a pink elephant. I'm just trying to present another way of looking at who we are, and what matters. There's no instruction book with all the right answers in life for everyone. We each walk our own path in life, with our own choices, our own obstacles, our own priorities, and our own successes and failures. Now that I'm nearing the end of the journey, I'm afraid all I can offer anyone, is what i've found along the way that works for me. God may have the right answers for everyone, but I'm not Him.
Okay...maybe I did misunderstand you. IMO claiming someone should self-identify the way other people think he or she should self identify is about as unconservative as it can get.

JBeukema said:
Hi, you have received -182 reputation points from JBeukema.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
You\'re too stupid to be allowed to live; please, for the good of the species, shoot yourself in the head

Regards,
JBeukema

Note: This is an automated message.

:lol:

I'm not the one telling black people they should call themselves something else.

What I want to know, since none of us got to choose who our ancestors were, why this is something to be either ashamed or unduly proud of. You know, now that I think on it, the only thing worth being really proud or really ashamed of is our individual character. That's about the only thing I can think of that we earn entirely on our own, that we don't owe to anyone else, that didn't just get handed to us by God or Fate, (whichever one believes in) , and that no one but we ourselves can improve, or lose. Truth be told, when we leave this world, that's about the only thing anyone will remember about most of us. By comparison, what color skin we inherited seems a small thing to be either bragging about or bemoaning.
I'm proud to be Irish, 99.9% pure! And anyone that wants to tell me I shouldn't be deserves a punch in the nose. :eusa_hand:

I'm wondering why someone who's so Irish is such a racist in favor of blacks?

You've got more white blood then me. I'm only 3/4 Scotch-Irish.

Hell, I at least have some Sicilian blood, which means I have some black blood, and some Native-American blood. If anyone had a beef it would me, not you.

Last edited:
Its not a plain thread, its a racism thread.

Here in CA, yes it was a black voting for the sake of the candidate being black.

See, this is what I dont like. Here is a person, not black, that doesnt ask why someone voted for Obama, he assumes that blacks are so dumb that they just vote for whoever the black guy is. Sure, he's not saying blacks are dumb, or sheep or followers, he's just alluding to that being the case.

Maybe, just maybe...blacks agree with him and what he stood / stands for? Naw, couldnt be that

That makes sense, if you think about it; if memory serves, the Black vote has gone about 90% democrat in the last several elections, so it's disingenuous to say that vote for Obama was race-based. I think there can be a better argument made, that Black voter turnout was higher because there was a Black candidate in the race who was electable. It seems normal enough human nature that this would have sparked more than ordinary interest in the Black community, because frankly this had not happened before.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, CC, but I would think there would be some element of racial pride involved here (I'm nor sure how it can be quantified), just because the situation was a first. Was that in fact the case to some extent, or did Whites overestimate it? Also, do you think Blacks have more of an emotional investment in Obama than they ordinarily would, (It's obvious many whites have one as well) or is this too, something that's been over-estimated and/or overemphasized?

It was, many believed that a black man wouldnt become the president at least anytime soon. Instead of that whites just want to believe something overly simple like "just because hes black" ignoring that blacks vote dem most of the time anyway. Blacks want Obama to do a good job because, frankly, blacks have to prove themselves in order to fight preconceived notions about blacks in general.

Like Tank likes to post vids of crazy black people then claim thats how all of them are. Even though Obama doesnt "go crazy" whites are waiting for it so he has to be more measured in his responses so he wont be seen as the "angry black man" or some other non sense.

No difference than if any other race or ethnicity found their way to the white house. Like I said Pailin was picked to court the female vote, Marco Rubio could and will court the hispanic vote, that indian guy (cant remember his name) would court that community and so forth. That's politics.

See, this is what I dont like. Here is a person, not black, that doesnt ask why someone voted for Obama, he assumes that blacks are so dumb that they just vote for whoever the black guy is. Sure, he's not saying blacks are dumb, or sheep or followers, he's just alluding to that being the case.

Maybe, just maybe...blacks agree with him and what he stood / stands for? Naw, couldnt be that

That makes sense, if you think about it; if memory serves, the Black vote has gone about 90% democrat in the last several elections, so it's disingenuous to say that vote for Obama was race-based. I think there can be a better argument made, that Black voter turnout was higher because there was a Black candidate in the race who was electable. It seems normal enough human nature that this would have sparked more than ordinary interest in the Black community, because frankly this had not happened before.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, CC, but I would think there would be some element of racial pride involved here (I'm nor sure how it can be quantified), just because the situation was a first. Was that in fact the case to some extent, or did Whites overestimate it? Also, do you think Blacks have more of an emotional investment in Obama than they ordinarily would, (It's obvious many whites have one as well) or is this too, something that's been over-estimated and/or overemphasized?

It was, many believed that a black man wouldnt become the president at least anytime soon. Instead of that whites just want to believe something overly simple like "just because hes black" ignoring that blacks vote dem most of the time anyway. Blacks want Obama to do a good job because, frankly, blacks have to prove themselves in order to fight preconceived notions about blacks in general.

Like Tank likes to post vids of crazy black people then claim thats how all of them are. Even though Obama doesnt "go crazy" whites are waiting for it so he has to be more measured in his responses so he wont be seen as the "angry black man" or some other non sense.

No difference than if any other race or ethnicity found their way to the white house. Like I said Pailin was picked to court the female vote, Marco Rubio could and will court the hispanic vote, that indian guy (cant remember his name) would court that community and so forth. That's politics.
Wow!

A lib that has learned to face reality, other then the fact that blacks vote Democrat, but if the choice is between a white or a black Democrat they usually pick the black.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back