Is race relations something that can be really healed?

I was listening to a program about Trumps age and how he was really too old to change his views on race. Which is why he rehashed his same views on the KKK and Alt Right that got him in trouble already. I also recently saw a banner in the stands of a sports game that read " Racism is as American as pie", or something along those lines until they removed it. I wonder if racism is so deeply inbred that we really can't change it, only tolerate it to some degrees?
Is racism a threat to the United states, or any other state for that matter.

Or has it become a beast that has enough support for it not to change? Racism is even behind North Korea's behavior; racism mixed with self survival is a deadly reality.

First of all, we are all such a mix of races that the term race is inane.

For example, Zimmerman was marked as a white racist, but he was Hispanic. In such a case, we should say that the "brownie" was racist against the "blacky", and also designate if they are a whitey if the case may be.
he was a white racist. He was half white and Hispanic is from Spain which is also white.

Is race relations something that can be really healed?

Yes, but it will take more time for the racists to die out. Racism is America's Birth Defect and it wasn't that long ago that the fight for civil rights was going on.

I was listening to a program about Trumps age and how he was really too old to change his views on race. Which is why he rehashed his same views on the KKK and Alt Right that got him in trouble already. I also recently saw a banner in the stands of a sports game that read " Racism is as American as pie", or something along those lines until they removed it. I wonder if racism is so deeply inbred that we really can't change it, only tolerate it to some degrees?

Or has it become a beast that has enough support for it not to change? Racism is even behind North Korea's behavior; racism mixed with self survival is a deadly reality.

For example, Zimmerman was marked as a white racist, but he was Hispanic. In such a case, we should say that the "brownie" was racist against the "blacky", and also designate if they are a whitey if the case may be.
he was a white racist. He was half white and Hispanic is from Spain which is also white.

Wait....wut?

Spain is white?

If so, what color is Portugal?

Sorry about your mom, but happy she is still going strong. My sister is hanging in there. She's still trying to get past surgery.

I generally use the term Black if I use any term at all. Getting hung up talking race is not something I enjoy.
I think its interesting to talk about race but I prefer to do it in person. You loose a lot when you do it on line as you cannot see the nuances of body language. I've had some great conversations as a teenager when I was in the military with my roommates.

I agree with that..that it is more enjoyable in person. Too much is misunderstood in text. Still not something I would want to occupy my mind all the time.
Must be nice not to be confronted with race all the time. If I cut myself I have to special order some band-aides to match my skin color. :laugh:

Are you confronted with race all the time? I guess I could be if I let myself. I prefer not to, though it is all around now days.

Bandaids?? LOL They don't match my skin color either.
Yes all the time. I turn on the news and I hear about how some cop shot another Black person in the back. Or I hear about how the clown in the white house has made some disparaging dog whistle politicking statement about people of color. I go online to a Black forum and I hear about the racist crap that happens to my people on a daily. i drive down the street and some hillbilly in a truck gets afraid. Then you hear all the mental noise from whites making inane comments.

Well, yeah. I see things on the news, and read on the Internet. Very disturbing. I don't watch as much as I used to. Too negative...though I am fully aware of things going on. Hillbilly in a truck??

Asc, if I were to say ''my people", it would be considered racist.

I think its interesting to talk about race but I prefer to do it in person. You loose a lot when you do it on line as you cannot see the nuances of body language. I've had some great conversations as a teenager when I was in the military with my roommates.

I agree with that..that it is more enjoyable in person. Too much is misunderstood in text. Still not something I would want to occupy my mind all the time.
Must be nice not to be confronted with race all the time. If I cut myself I have to special order some band-aides to match my skin color. :laugh:

Are you confronted with race all the time? I guess I could be if I let myself. I prefer not to, though it is all around now days.

Yes all the time. I turn on the news and I hear about how some cop shot another Black person in the back. Or I hear about how the clown in the white house has made some disparaging dog whistle politicking statement about people of color. I go online to a Black forum and I hear about the racist crap that happens to my people on a daily. i drive down the street and some hillbilly in a truck gets afraid. Then you hear all the mental noise from whites making inane comments.

Well, yeah. I see things on the news, and read on the Internet. Very disturbing. I don't watch as much as I used to. Too negative...though I am fully aware of things going on. Hillbilly in a truck??

Many whites see the world the through a lens of a bunch of false equivalences. We say your kind and you that equals the almost 400 years of racially derogatory language whites have used on us. It's time to get past the false amnesia.

Wait....wut?

Spain is white?

If so, what color is Portugal?

Yes the Spaniards were white.

Many whites see the world the through a lens of a bunch of false equivalences. We say your kind and you that equals the almost 400 years of racially derogatory language whites have used on us. It's time to get past the false amnesia.

And it's time for you to stop making false assumptions.

Is race relations something that can be healed? Well look at your own life , has their been healing within you? Some don't think they need healing, they feel like they are not infected by racism. But you can be healed, ( or helped). If you look in the mirror and see racism, then it falls on you to rid your life of it.

[...]
What exactly is racism?

Maybe it's time for you to listen. Because I am not making false assumptions. Many whites do exactly what I have said. After all, what had you asking the question about A using the term hillbilly for example?

Is race relations something that can be healed? Well look at your own life , has their been healing within you? Some don't think they need healing, they feel like they are not infected by racism. But you can be healed, ( or helped). If you look in the mirror and see racism, then it falls on you to rid your life of it.

[...]
What exactly is racism?

You know exactly what it is.

Maybe it's time for you to listen. Because I am not making false assumptions. Many whites do exactly what I have said. After all, what had you asking the question about A using the term hillbilly for example?

If and when I need your advice I will come to you. Otherwise mind your own business.
To begin with my post was not directed at you, but was to Asclepias.
And I didn't know what ''hillbilly in a truck'' meant. Pretty darn simple.

If and when I need your advice I will come to you. Otherwise mind your own business.

All that is fine, but these are free speaking forums where anyone can respond to anybody. I said many whites and many whites did not have to include you. I never specifically said you did anything. Seems like you were the one assuming. So then why did you get defensive and tell me not to assume? I base what I say on 56 years of being black and dealing with whites. You have not been black one second and I very seriously doubt that you have spent most of your life dealing with blacks intensely in social, educational or business settings so you really can't tell me what I assume. I know what I have seen and discussed with white people and I know what I have heard back in response. I find it funny what you guys say you don't know. We got one person asking what racism is and now you don't know what a hillbilly in a truck is. But you can tell when a black person is assuming something.

Why would saying "your people" be considered racist? I don't consider it racist at all. It may be tribal but it doesn't say anyone is superior or inferior.

Hillbilly is like saying negro.

Why would saying "your people" be considered racist? I don't consider it racist at all. It may be tribal but it doesn't say anyone is superior or inferior.

Hillbilly is like saying negro.

Oh = Hillbilly. I am just so not into name calling, I don't know some of these things.

Re: the other. Ok.

[...]
What exactly is racism?
Its a racial caste system designed to oppress those that do not belong to the caste of the race that is implementing the system. In such a system you have economic, social, judicial, executive, and legislative decisions being made to better the lives of the supposedly superior race at the expense of the the supposedly inferior races.

If you break it down to its two root words you have race and ism. Race is pretty self explanatory. Ism is a system.

All that is fine, but these are free speaking forums where anyone can respond to anybody. I said many whites and many whites did not have to include you. I never specifically said you did anything. Seems like you were the one assuming. So then why did you get defensive and tell me not to assume? I base what I say on 56 years of being black and dealing with whites. You have not been black one second and I very seriously doubt that you have spent most of your life dealing with blacks intensely in social, educational or business settings so you really can't tell me what I assume. I know what I have seen and discussed with white people and I know what I have heard back in response. I find it funny what you guys say you don't know. We got one person asking what racism is and now you don't know what a hillbilly in a truck is. But you can tell when a black person is assuming something.

Then why post to me? I told you a while back I was not posting to you. So why stick your nose in things?

News break.......I don't give a FF what you have to say.
Nope, I have not been black for one second, just like you have not been white one second.
This is a stupid convo that goes nowhere, and means nothing.

Then why post to me? I told you a while back I was not posting to you. So why stick your nose in things?

News break.......I don't give a FF what you have to say.
Nope, I have not been black for one second, just like you have not been white one second.
This is a stupid convo that goes nowhere, and means nothing.

I'm not sticking my nose in anything. These forums seem to be places were people post and others respond. Plenty of people I don't post to come back at me. Are the rules different for you? Stupid is telling a black person they have never been white when they have been surrounded by whites all their lives and schooled in white culture.

Forum List

Back