Is Prostitution normal also?

I believe that if prostitution is made legal that it should be taxed no differently than any other business. Also it should not have overly burdensome regulation such that it may as well still be illegal.

I believe that if prostitution is made legal that it should be taxed no differently than any other business. Also it should not have overly burdensome regulation such that it may as well still be illegal.

Restaurants and medical facilities have industry specific health and safety regulations. No one cares if you have cockroaches in a body shop, but if you are selling food, it's a big deal.

Same thing goes for prostitution, health and safety regulations are part of the deal. AIDS and STD tests and cleanliness standards are a must.

Restaurants and medical facilities have industry specific health and safety regulations. No one cares if you have cockroaches in a body shop, but if you are selling food, it's a big deal.

Same thing goes for prostitution, health and safety regulations are part of the deal. AIDS and STD tests and cleanliness standards are a must.

The only way you may be able to regulate prostitution is to take the social stigma from it. Hopefully people would then cooperate with the regulations.

How are you going to stop people from not getting tested and doing it anyway simply because they dont want everyone else to know?

Funny you got the idea that I said all prostitutes have pimps. The ones on the street that don't have pimps are at higher risk from whack jobs. The ones not on the stree are still in danger of their clients abusing them. Again stop being naive. Abuse is rampant in prostitution. What do you mean about my authoritarian bullshit? I have already said it should be legalized speedy.

Sweeps don't catch many pimps for a simple reason. Most pimps will never be caught because the women wont tell on them. If you had a clue about the subject you would be embarrassed at your statement. There is a whole nother world you evidently have no clue even exists.

FBI ? Prostitution and Human Trafficking: A Paradigm Shift

Sounds like everyone is happy being a prostitute.

Let me get this straight, when given the opportunity for a lighter sentence if they claimed they were victims of human trafficking, most prostitutes claimed they were victims of human trafficking.

Who'da think it?

Ronald Weitzer: Myths About Human Trafficking

More evidence that trafficking is a myth | Immigration | Open borders campaign | spiked

Like I said, the numbers in the real world don't back you up. The government is doing more to endanger prostitutes than any whack job that ever lived, and most prostitutes, even the ones on the street, do not have pimps. You need to get out of those 70s Blaxpoitation movies and move into reality.

Which one is it? How can you be the victim of sex trafficking and no one is making you do it? Pimps sex traffic. You dont step outside and get hit by sex trafficking. Are you caught in another one of your famous logic loops again Quantum?

Like I said talk to me when you have grown up around it. Maybe then I would give your post a minute amount of credibility.

Excuse me? When did I say they were victims? Are you going off on a tangent again?

I am saying you are wrong, and giving you links that back me up. All you have to back you up is government propaganda used to justify them spending money to attack a non existent problem. Then you throw in the claim that the reason you know all about how every single place in the universe works is that you grew up around it and we have your typical approach to any debate.

By the way, how do you know where I live, or what my life experience is? Trust me on this one, I know more about the gritty side of life than you think.

I agree. Perhaps I will investigate becoming a prostitute inspector.

The only way you may be able to regulate prostitution is to take the social stigma from it. Hopefully people would then cooperate with the regulations.

How are you going to stop people from not getting tested and doing it anyway simply because they dont want everyone else to know?

Nevada does quite well at it. Prostitutes have a license that includes regular testing. In order to work at the Bunny Ranch and other brothels, the card must be up to date.

Simple, unobtrusive, safe.

What do you propose to do with prostitutes that won't get a license or permit; refuses to get a health certificate; won't collect or pay taxes? Unless you are talking about unrestricted and uncontrolled prostitution there will be the same number of underground prostitutes as there ever was. There will be no saving resources or fewer court appearances or those in jail. There will be the same number of pimps. The same madams. And yes there will be legal brothels too. Legalization will not take one illegal whore off the streets.

Places where there is heavy prostitution like Hollywood Blvd or Alameda Avenue in Long Beach, even in Anaheim, there are too many whores to arrest. The solicitation laws are used to get the obviously sick and abused off the streets. Have a blanket legalization and there will be no way to get them off the streets.

There is not an answer to every question.

Let me get this straight, when given the opportunity for a lighter sentence if they claimed they were victims of human trafficking, most prostitutes claimed they were victims of human trafficking.

Who'da think it?

Ronald Weitzer: Myths About Human Trafficking

More evidence that trafficking is a myth | Immigration | Open borders campaign | spiked

Like I said, the numbers in the real world don't back you up. The government is doing more to endanger prostitutes than any whack job that ever lived, and most prostitutes, even the ones on the street, do not have pimps. You need to get out of those 70s Blaxpoitation movies and move into reality.

Which one is it? How can you be the victim of sex trafficking and no one is making you do it? Pimps sex traffic. You dont step outside and get hit by sex trafficking. Are you caught in another one of your famous logic loops again Quantum?

Like I said talk to me when you have grown up around it. Maybe then I would give your post a minute amount of credibility.

Excuse me? When did I say they were victims? Are you going off on a tangent again?

I am saying you are wrong, and giving you links that back me up. All you have to back you up is government propaganda used to justify them spending money to attack a non existent problem. Then you throw in the claim that the reason you know all about how every single place in the universe works is that you grew up around it and we have your typical approach to any debate.

By the way, how do you know where I live, or what my life experience is? Trust me on this one, I know more about the gritty side of life than you think.

Youre excused. You said it were I bolded your post.

You can say what you want to and post a million links. I've seen it with my own eyes and have links backing me up. The "business woman prostitute" is a small subset of prostitutes. Far and away most of them are abused by pimps, johns, and some are abused by wayward police officers.

I know because of the stuff you say and the way you say it. You never been in anything grittier than a pajama party.

Last edited:

Nevada does quite well at it. Prostitutes have a license that includes regular testing. In order to work at the Bunny Ranch and other brothels, the card must be up to date.

But there are literally thousands of other prostitutes in Las Vegas that dont work there.

Nevada is an excellent example. All the legal brothels in Nevada has not taken a single whore off the strip. Nevada is pretty much what I mean when I point out that the legalization of prostitution doesn't achieve the objectives legalization is supposed to achieve.

What do you propose to do with prostitutes that won't get a license or permit; refuses to get a health certificate; won't collect or pay taxes? Unless you are talking about unrestricted and uncontrolled prostitution there will be the same number of underground prostitutes as there ever was. There will be no saving resources or fewer court appearances or those in jail. There will be the same number of pimps. The same madams. And yes there will be legal brothels too. Legalization will not take one illegal whore off the streets.

Places where there is heavy prostitution like Hollywood Blvd or Alameda Avenue in Long Beach, even in Anaheim, there are too many whores to arrest. The solicitation laws are used to get the obviously sick and abused off the streets. Have a blanket legalization and there will be no way to get them off the streets.

Think about this though, with legal prostitution, a major sex shop would open on Katella, featuring all the fantasy girls. Once established, who would frequent the underground whores in Anaheim? Hollywood is a different story, but it would wipe out the illegal trade in 95% of the state. Hollywood, San Francisco, and Sacramento will always be cesspools, but the rest of the state would quickly choose the safer and cleaner rout. The Craigslist girls would list their certificate numbers in the ads...

Last edited:
It doesnt make sense not to legalize prostitution. Its their bodies and they should be able to do with it as they please. Its not illegal to play baseball professionally so why arrest prostitutes?

Think about this though, with legal prostitution, a major sex shop would open on Katella, featuring all the fantasy girls. Once established, who would frequent the underground whores in Anaheim? Hollywood is a different story, but it would wipe out the illegal trade in 95% of the state. Hollywood, San Francisco, and Sacramento will always be cesspools, but the rest of the state would quickly choose the safer and cleaner rout. The Craigslist girls would list their certificate numbers in the ads...

You have no idea obviously.

But there are literally thousands of other prostitutes in Las Vegas that dont work there.

Prostitution is ILLEGAL in Vegas.

So the one place in the state where it's outlawed, is also the place that has problems.

Coincidence?

I'm for legalizing it. My point is that there are only so many spots at the ranch. By the way they also have illegal prostitution going on in the cities by the Bunny ranch.

Last edited:

You can say what you want to and post a million links. I've seen it with my own eyes and have links backing me up. The "business woman prostitute" is a small subset of prostitutes. Far and away most of them are abused by pimps, johns, and some are abused by wayward police officers.

I know because of the stuff you say and the way you say it. You never been in anything grittier than a pajama party.

The business woman prostitute is never arrested! She has a little front legal business and pays taxes. As long as Heidi Fleiss was in business as a madam not one of her whores was arrested. The prostitute that was just arrested for murder has no solicitation arrests.

Someone has watched "Pretty Woman" one too many times.

If you go back and read that part you bolded you will see I never said they were victims.

Feel free to apologize.

Prostitution is illegal in Las Vegas.

Forum List

Back