California is the new mecca for Prostitution and human trafficking

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

Prostitution is still illegal in California, but a new bill essentially makes it legal.

The mayor of Sacramento argues that the issue comes down to Senate Bill 357, which he called an "idiotic law" that should be known as the "Safe Streets for Pimps Initiative," which has allegedly not only left his town and other municipalities in the state dealing with an increase of sex workers on the street, but it has also incentivized human trafficking.

"This one has just opened the doors to prostitution, sex trafficking, child sex trading, I mean, you name it. This has obviously done that. And I don't think anyone that is not just purely politically motivated could disagree with that," Morrison said.

Prostitution is still illegal in California, but Morrison said the new law has effectively legalized the crime as police back off from intervening or interacting with the women.

"Senate Bill 357, which for all intents and purposes made prostitution legal because what it said is that officers can no longer contact people based on the idea of loitering for the purpose of prostitution. So, it basically tells the police your hands are off," Morrison said.

He noted that some of the girls on the street appear underaged, though the amount of makeup the sex workers wear makes it difficult to gauge an age, and the city has previously seen girls as young as 12 working on the streets.

"A lot of the times [police] found out that these were juveniles … or that they were basically being sex trafficked, and they could get them out of that. Now, they basically have no legal opportunity to even talk to them," Morrison said.

Democrats destroying one state at a time.

Prostitution is still illegal in California, but a new bill essentially makes it legal.

The mayor of Sacramento argues that the issue comes down to Senate Bill 357, which he called an "idiotic law" that should be known as the "Safe Streets for Pimps Initiative," which has allegedly not only left his town and other municipalities in the state dealing with an increase of sex workers on the street, but it has also incentivized human trafficking.

"This one has just opened the doors to prostitution, sex trafficking, child sex trading, I mean, you name it. This has obviously done that. And I don't think anyone that is not just purely politically motivated could disagree with that," Morrison said.

Prostitution is still illegal in California, but Morrison said the new law has effectively legalized the crime as police back off from intervening or interacting with the women.

"Senate Bill 357, which for all intents and purposes made prostitution legal because what it said is that officers can no longer contact people based on the idea of loitering for the purpose of prostitution. So, it basically tells the police your hands are off," Morrison said.

He noted that some of the girls on the street appear underaged, though the amount of makeup the sex workers wear makes it difficult to gauge an age, and the city has previously seen girls as young as 12 working on the streets.

"A lot of the times [police] found out that these were juveniles … or that they were basically being sex trafficked, and they could get them out of that. Now, they basically have no legal opportunity to even talk to them," Morrison said.

Democrats destroying one state at a time.
I thought they ruined that state, years ago.

Victimless crime
Tell that to the hookers who have been beaten or killed by their pimps or their customers. Or to the women who have been trafficked and forced into prostitution. Legalize it, regulate it and take the criminals out of it so that it becomes free enterprise and I can agree with you. However now, it is anything BUT a victimless crime.

Tell that to the hookers who have been beaten or killed by their pimps or their customers. Or to the women who have been trafficked and forced into prostitution. Legalize it, regulate it and take the criminals out of it so that it becomes free enterprise and I can agree with you. However now, it is anything BUT a victimless crime.

Those are crimes that have legitimate victims and should be prosecuted

A consensual sex act between adults should not be prosecuted

Did you not read the article, or are you just stupid?

Safe Streets for Pimps Initiative," which has allegedly not only left his town and other municipalities in the state dealing with an increase of sex workers on the street, but it has also incentivized human trafficking.

"This one has just opened the doors to prostitution, sex trafficking, child sex trading, I mean, you name it

Sex trafficking and child sex trading have victims and should be prosecuted
Consensual sex among adults should not

Safe Streets for Pimps Initiative," which has allegedly not only left his town and other municipalities in the state dealing with an increase of sex workers on the street, but it has also incentivized human trafficking.

"This one has just opened the doors to prostitution, sex trafficking, child sex trading, I mean, you name it

Sex trafficking and child sex trading have victims and should be prosecuted
Consensual sex among adults should not
So...both?

Forum List

Back