Is Prostitution normal also?

Even worse. In one of the links it specifically says that it was not determined in any of the cases if weed was the reason for the crash.

Everytime some pothead gets what's coming to him or her, I do a little happy dance.

Behold, USMB! This pathetic attempt to divert our attention from her vacuous, brain-dead, disgustingly ignorant claim that Marijuana has tripled fatal car accidents in Colorado since being legalized :)

Even worse. In one of the links it specifically says that it was not determined in any of the cases if weed was the reason for the crash.

It's all a coincidence.

why is it a issue for me to pay a woman come to my home and pleasure me?

Who am I hurt? is it a crime to have a orgasm?

All interesting questions.

None of which have anything to do with the rights of gay Americans, however.

What do the rights of gay Americans have to do with this topic?

Obviously you didn't bother to read the OP:

To compare with debates on whether
homosexuality is normal for some people and should be accepted
or whether people are going to feed drug addictions anyway so that should be
either legalized or decriminalized,

What about Prostitution?
The premise of the thread compares homosexuality with that of drug addiction and prostitution, which fails as a false comparison fallacy.

This fails as a post hoc fallacy.

Anecdotal accounts don't establish a direct link between laws decriminalizing marijuana and fatal car crashes.

It's all a coincidence.

It's a symptom of more complex, deep-rooted problems that won't be 'solved' by pointlessly criminalizing marijuana use.

This fails as a post hoc fallacy.

Anecdotal accounts don't establish a direct link between laws decriminalizing marijuana and fatal car crashes.

It's all a coincidence.

If its a coincidence then we shouldnt be claiming untruths as truth and comparing it to legalizing prostitution.

Last edited:
The reason it doesn't work is that prostitution is illegal in Las Vegas. If it weren't you might be able to make the point that making it legal doesn't work, but you cannot make that point when you point to a place where it is illegal.

Drive ten miles it won't kill you.

It's illegal in Clark County. The nearest legal brothel is several hundred miles away.

It's technically illegal in Clark County. If it's an 'out date', it's not. As long as the transaction occurs in a legal brothel it doesn't matter where in Nevada the act occurs.

The closest brothels to Vegas are 65 miles away in Pahrump.

Last edited:
Closure of prostitution website costly for sex workers - Houston Chronicle

To compare with debates on whether
homosexuality is normal for some people and should be accepted,
or whether people are going to feed drug addictions anyway so that should be
either legalized or decriminalized,

What about Prostitution?

If you believe drugs and prostitution should be decriminalized
in order to regulate safely, what level of laws do you support to prevent abuses
that are not the "free choice" of participants but pose a danger to public health or safety?

Where do you draw the line, why, and what do you suggest for reform?

Is it the job of government to enforce normalcy?

Forum List

Back