Is Obama gaming us?

If you don't think the idiot in chief is in trouble with his own lefty loons, check out that sage Keith Olbermann by way of those wonderful morons at the Huffpost...

Keith Olbermann's Tax Cut Special Comment: Obama 'Goddamned Wrong' On Deal, Betrayed His Base (VIDEO)

Warning though...it's strong language. Guess it has to be though when the left starts eating their own.

All the progressives' have right now is an extreme case of 'Buyer's Remorse' combined with 'Messiah Worship' withdrawal that eclipses a junkie taking a cold turkey cure.

[...]Warning though...it's strong language. Guess it has to be though when the left starts eating their own.

Those Democrats in open rebellion against Obama's concession aren't "eating their own." They are doing what they think is right, which is something the Republicans who march in lock-step should do for a change.

[...]Warning though...it's strong language. Guess it has to be though when the left starts eating their own.

Those Democrats in open rebellion against Obama's concession aren't "eating their own." They are doing what they think is right, which is something the Republicans who march in lock-step should do for a change.

ironically, I see it almost the exact opposite.

Seems many of the dems are sticking to their convictions and NOT doing what is right.

Unless you truly believe that Pelosi and the other dems see it as "right" to allow the lower and middle classes to suffer a loss of the tax breaks?

Oh course he is. It's called Triangulation. Ole Slick Willy Stainmaker has taught him well. He is now officially running for Re-Election. Time to flush the Left loon turds down the toilet. It is what it is.

While both major parties are losing their mass base and moderates the Ds are doing so at a faster rate due to recruiting moderates for the general election and then burning them off in the primaries as with Blanche Lincoln most recently. As long as the war against DINOs is more fierce than the war against RINOs the Ds will lose ground. But since neither major party has changed its core agenda in more than a century and have institutionalized safeguards against new ideas they will both fail. The Ds sooner and the Rs later but both will fail within two decades.

Willie: Never has the term too big to fail seemed more prescient.

The two parties are like horror story beasts that just won't die no matter how many times you blow them to smithereens.

Last edited:
I get the distinct feeling that Obama's compromise with the repubs over tax cut extensions etc is a Trojan horse.

He may be instead setting up a scenario to rescue the dem party from the dump heap of history at his own expense.

If the dems refuse the deal and if the compromise is as unpopular as it appears now then the GOP may be saddled with an election issue that they can't overcome.

All the GOP would have to do is hold their ground until January and pass it anyway against Dem objection to seal their fate as the party of rich millionaires who don't give a damned about main street and who only care about their own estates.

In any case if the dems finally stand up and take this to the wall the GOP is cutting their own throats by supporting the tax cut extension.

You gotta wonder because even the compromise only extends the cuts two years, and by then unemployment extensions will have ended, making this topic red hot and fresh news just in time for the election in 2012.

If the economy still sucks, and it will, the GOP will own the miserable economy on the eve of the election and they will have completely surrendered any claim to fiscal responsibility or concern over the deficit.
"The Republican Party is the party of the rich. It always has been and it always will be."
Harry S. Truman

That statement is as true today as it was 60 years ago.

:lol: are there any truman style loyal dems left in the dem party?

with the recent elections in alab. and Georgia and the abandonment of the democratic party by what? 8 of their states legislatures to go rep. the faithful die hard come what may dem voter in a third of the country who been with them since fdr then truman then kennedy is dead, gone, buried.

so please spare me the Truman bromides. the dems are every bit as craven and part of the structure harry beat up on.

Last edited:
Willie: Never has the term too big to fail seemed more prescient.

The two parties are like horror story beasts that just won't die no matter how many times you blow them to smithereens.
Quite true but have you looked at the negative to positive ratings on the parties? TBTF is also coming to an end financially. Ireland will pull an Iceland or Greece will default and the house of cards will fail. au.com is coming out with more stories of bust all of the time and China's upcoming crash is being discounted by the Far East markets. This will have a major effect on domestic politics as bureaucracy instead of networking is seen as the wrong way to organize.

I get the distinct feeling that Obama's compromise with the repubs over tax cut extensions etc is a Trojan horse.

He may be instead setting up a scenario to rescue the dem party from the dump heap of history at his own expense.

If the dems refuse the deal and if the compromise is as unpopular as it appears now then the GOP may be saddled with an election issue that they can't overcome.

All the GOP would have to do is hold their ground until January and pass it anyway against Dem objection to seal their fate as the party of rich millionaires who don't give a damned about main street and who only care about their own estates.

In any case if the dems finally stand up and take this to the wall the GOP is cutting their own throats by supporting the tax cut extension.

You gotta wonder because even the compromise only extends the cuts two years, and by then unemployment extensions will have ended, making this topic red hot and fresh news just in time for the election in 2012.

If the economy still sucks, and it will, the GOP will own the miserable economy on the eve of the election and they will have completely surrendered any claim to fiscal responsibility or concern over the deficit.
I think you've made an accurate and logical assessment which I agree 100% with. And your Trojan Horse metaphor is right on.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I'd simply accepted the reports that Candidate Obama's impressive war chest was comprised of small donations from "little people." But today, when a caller to Thom Hartmann's program said he didn't believe that a light went on in my head and the answer to a few troubling questions, such as why Obama appointed Paulson, Geithner and Summers, and why he's retained the infrastructure of the Bush Administration, and why he's quietly worked to prevent prosecution of the Bush Crime Family, suddenly became clear. He is a goddam Trojan Horse inside which are the bankers, the Wall Streeters and representatives of the corporatist power structure -- the real source of all the money he supposedly raised from "small donations."

I believe he failed in his most important mission which was to enable extension of the upper income tax cuts. But thankfully the Democrats have refused to go along with his sneaky maneuver and I'm hoping that now the covers will start coming off this phony sonofabitch and we will see him for what he really is.

Obama's biggest private campaign contributor was GoldMan Sachs at almost a $million:

Top Contributors to Barack Obama | OpenSecrets

Which explains his selection of Geithner. I don't think you can get elected to the WH without backers in most of the most powerful lobbies. Hence the term shadow government.

But I may have been wrong about Obama's scheme, the dems are apparently poised to pass a watered down version of the tax cut compromise that is stalled awaiting the results of the Dream Act leg. in the senate.
Obviously, the plan will pass, if not in Dec, then in Jan. when the Republicans take over the house. The Democrats are using this as opportunity to paint the Republican Party as the defender of the wealthy and the Democrats as the defender of the middle class.

Obama is proving that he is an astute politician and a pragmatist. During his first two years, he did not need to compromise with Republicans now he does.

I think Obama is counting on the Tea Party members in Congress driving the party further to the right. If he can convince the voters that the opposition are radical reactionaries who favor the wealthy over the middle class he's going to be hard to beat, particularly if he get's any help from the economy.

It's pretty hard for Republicans to claim they are fiscally conservative and the party of the middle class when they are willing to add billion to the deficit in order to give a tax break to the richest people in the country while 1 in 7 Americans live in poverty.

"Quite true but have you looked at the negative to positive ratings on the parties? "

They have actually improved since 2008, considerably. In 2007 both parties had favorability ratings in the high teens or low twenties on any given week. Then the economy tanked.....people started to pay attention again.

Even with 20% favorability for each party they still owned the election. And they pick candidates like John Kerry, GWB, Fred Thompson, Sarah Palin, McCain, Barack who?

Our elections are like dancing with the stars or American idol.

They could run two cardboard dummies and one of them would win with 51% of the vote from an election turnout that was only 50% of the eligible voters with the ordinary 2% ballot rejection rate.

When cardboard dummy #2 won, he would declare a mandate for his platform.

Obviously, the plan will pass, if not in Dec, then in Jan. when the Republicans take over the house. The Democrats are using this as opportunity to paint the Republican Party as the defender of the wealthy and the Democrats as the defender of the middle class.

Obama is proving that he is an astute politician and a pragmatist. During his first two years, he did not need to compromise with Republicans now he does.

I think Obama is counting on the Tea Party members in Congress driving the party further to the right. If he can convince the voters that the opposition are radical reactionaries who favor the wealthy over the middle class he's going to be hard to beat, particularly if he get's any help from the economy.

It's pretty hard for Republicans to claim they are fiscally conservative and the party of the middle class when they are willing to add billion to the deficit in order to give a tax break to the richest people in the country while 1 in 7 Americans live in poverty.

Thanks, you said exactly what I meant to say in the OP, but you said it better. More coherently.

"The Republican Party is the party of the rich. It always has been and it always will be."
Harry S. Truman

:lol: are there any truman style loyal dems left on the dem party?

with the recent elections in alab. and Georgia and the abandonment of the democratic party by what? 8 of their states legislatures to go rep. the faithful die hard come what may dem voter in a third of the country who been with them since fdr then truman then kennedy is dead, gone, buried.

so please spare me the Truman bromides. the dems are every bit as craven and part of the structure harry beat up on.
The only thing I can say good about the Republican Party, is what you see is what you get, a party that favors the rich over the middle class, a party that believe that if we ignore the 1 in 7 Americans in poverty they we will just disappear.

Harry S. Truman

:lol: are there any truman style loyal dems left on the dem party?

The only thing I can say good about the Republican Party, is what you see is what you get, a party that favors the rich over the middle class, a party that believe that if we ignore the 1 in 7 Americans in poverty they we will just disappear.

:lol:

It's pretty hard for Republicans to claim they are fiscally conservative and the party of the middle class when they are willing to add billion to the deficit in order to give a tax break to the richest people in the country while 1 in 7 Americans live in poverty.[/B]

whoops so deficits matter again? wow.

hello; they are not giving a tax break to anyone, you do know that their taxs are not going up, they are not getting anything...right? there is no tax break, tax cut ....

and its always ridiculous to see the dems have nothing left but class warfare because substance is a dirty word.

Seems many of the dems are sticking to their convictions and NOT doing what is right.

Unless you truly believe that Pelosi and the other dems see it as "right" to allow the lower and middle classes to suffer a loss of the tax breaks?

As a middle class taxpayer, I think that the fiscally responsible thing to do is to let the tax cuts expire for everybody.

I find it amazing that the Conservatives can claim fiscal conservatism and then refuse to pay the debt. After all, a tax cut in the time of war is the very definition of fiscal insanity. And that tax cut was just one of the extroidenary elements of fiscal insanity in the Bush years.

The fact that the Republican Party chooses to block all normal help for fellow Americans if the rich do not get their tax cut made permenant demonstrates the depths of the depravity of that political party.

As a middle class taxpayer, I think that the fiscally responsible thing to do is to let the tax cuts expire for everybody.

I find it amazing that the Conservatives can claim fiscal conservatism and then refuse to pay the debt. After all, a tax cut in the time of war is the very definition of fiscal insanity. And that tax cut was just one of the extroidenary elements of fiscal insanity in the Bush years.

The fact that the Republican Party chooses to block all normal help for fellow Americans if the rich do not get their tax cut made permenant demonstrates the depths of the depravity of that political party.
Letting the tax breaks expire for everyone is the fiscally responsible thing to do. If you can't cut your expenses, you increase your revenue. However, I think the magnitude of those tax increase would likely push the country into another recession. We are going to have to live with these deficits until there is more recovery. If Congress does not take action to reduce the deficit as the economy expands, we going down the tubes.

Letting the tax breaks expire for everyone is the fiscally responsible thing to do. If you can't cut your expenses, you increase your revenue. However, I think the magnitude of those tax increase would likely push the country into another recession. We are going to have to live with these deficits until there is more recovery. If Congress does not take action to reduce the deficit as the economy expands, we going down the tubes.

So, there's nothing to cut?
So okay, we'll just keep spending till well, the evil rich the ones who pay 90% of the fed tax rev now pay it all and instead of 43% of the pop. Not paying net fed taxes, we'll jack that too oh WTF 90%!! he'll yeah I am down....you?

deserves repeating

deserves repeating

Why? Because you cannot recognize that there is no tax cut either?good grief dude.

deserves repeating

Why? Because you cannot recognize that there is no tax cut either?good grief dude.

it's a tax cut "extension". That makes it even more of an existing tax cut. The semantic games bore me.

Forum List

Back