Is it wrong to be anti-Semitic?

I referred to your statement that the HISTORY OF ISRAEL "BEGINS" at the beginning of the 20th century because IT IS idiotic-------and I cited a few reasons.
My statements can be EASILY VERIFIED ON A SIMPLE COMPUTER SEARCH---
I will not humor you by hunting up links to commonly known FACTS. Another source for the "beginning of Israel"-----is old travel periodicals and even
medical journals. --------it is an INTERESTING HISTORY for anyone interested
in public health and tropical medicine--------probably of no interest to you.

Irosie91:

I researched the statements you offered and found them to be true for the most part however, for you to conclude that this is clear evidence that the Israeli state started well before the beginning of the 20th century is wrong. I never said that Jews were not a part of Palestine throughout the course of history. They certainly were, and the Jews and Palestinians lived side by side, in peace, for centuries as you so ably pointed out. It wasn’t until the formal establishment of Israel in 1947, which made the Palestinians 2nd class citizens in the land of their forefathers that the trouble began. This act by the Jews, shattered the centuries of peace the Palestinians enjoyed with the Jews and led to our present war on terror.

Proof of this is that as indicated by the following, is that a the start of the 20th century, Zionists and the rest of the world were not even sure about the new homeland for the Jews would be located. If it was such a slam dunk as you imply, then why was there a need for search at all. The truth is that the activities you enumerated was not sufficient to give Jews any claim or right to Palestine. Your after the fact posturing in this regard is just plain wrong.

Proposals for a Jewish state

After a wave of pogroms in Russia, Joseph Chamberlain offered Theodor Herzl the establishment of a Jewish state in Uganda, East Africa.[16] In 1903 Herzl presented the British Uganda Programm at the Sixth Zionist Congress in Basel.[17]

In the late 1930s, the British Zionist League considered a number of other places where a Jewish homeland could be established. The Kimberley region in Australia was considered until the Curtin government (in office 1941–45) rejected the possibility.[18]

With the support of the then Premier of Tasmania, Robert Cosgrove (in office from 1939), Critchley Parker proposed a Jewish settlement at Port Davey, in south west Tasmania.[19] Parker surveyed the area, but his death in 1942 put an end to the idea.

The Jewish Autonomous Oblast, set up in the Russian Far East in 1934, represented a Soviet approach to providing a Jewish homeland.

The above statements can be verified at:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeland_for_the_Jewish_people#Other_possibilities

your post is bullshit-------there was no time in history that jews and muslims lived
HAPPILY side by side

Actually Jews and Muslims lived peacefully side by side in most places for most of the history of Islam. And there have been both Jews and Muslims in what is now called Israel since virtually the founding of Islam.

While it is true that both Christianity and Islam tended to treat Jews as second class citizens, and impose additional restrictions and burdens on them, for the most part- except for when political leaders were used Jews for their own political purposes and tacitly or implicitly instigated violence- most of the time they coexisted peacefully.

Jews did NOT live happily along side the Muslims; Jews were forced to pay a non-Muslim tax and smiled because the tax prevented them from being beheaded.

SYRIUSLY------and swallowed the islamo propaganda WHOLE. I read that propaganda long before I knew what the word "arab" meant. Thus I remember it as well as I learned "hey diddle diddle diddle----and cat and the fiddle---the cow jumped over the moon....." Syriusly is just parroting what he imagines he knows

I am not responsible either for the OP's anti-semitism or your virulent anti-Muslimism.

Nor am I responsible for your revisionist history.

Jews were forced to pay additional taxes- by Muslims- and by Christians. Yet for the most of history Jews and Muslims coexisted peacefully.

Irosie91:

I researched the statements you offered and found them to be true for the most part however, for you to conclude that this is clear evidence that the Israeli state started well before the beginning of the 20th century is wrong. I never said that Jews were not a part of Palestine throughout the course of history. They certainly were, and the Jews and Palestinians lived side by side, in peace, for centuries as you so ably pointed out. It wasn’t until the formal establishment of Israel in 1947, which made the Palestinians 2nd class citizens in the land of their forefathers that the trouble began. This act by the Jews, shattered the centuries of peace the Palestinians enjoyed with the Jews and led to our present war on terror.

Proof of this is that as indicated by the following, is that a the start of the 20th century, Zionists and the rest of the world were not even sure about the new homeland for the Jews would be located. If it was such a slam dunk as you imply, then why was there a need for search at all. The truth is that the activities you enumerated was not sufficient to give Jews any claim or right to Palestine. Your after the fact posturing in this regard is just plain wrong.

After a wave of pogroms in Russia, Joseph Chamberlain offered Theodor Herzl the establishment of a Jewish state in Uganda, East Africa.[16] In 1903 Herzl presented the British Uganda Programm at the Sixth Zionist Congress in Basel.[17]

In the late 1930s, the British Zionist League considered a number of other places where a Jewish homeland could be established. The Kimberley region in Australia was considered until the Curtin government (in office 1941–45) rejected the possibility.[18]

With the support of the then Premier of Tasmania, Robert Cosgrove (in office from 1939), Critchley Parker proposed a Jewish settlement at Port Davey, in south west Tasmania.[19] Parker surveyed the area, but his death in 1942 put an end to the idea.

The Jewish Autonomous Oblast, set up in the Russian Far East in 1934, represented a Soviet approach to providing a Jewish homeland.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeland_for_the_Jewish_people#Other_possibilities

your post is bullshit-------there was no time in history that jews and muslims lived
HAPPILY side by side

Actually Jews and Muslims lived peacefully side by side in most places for most of the history of Islam. And there have been both Jews and Muslims in what is now called Israel since virtually the founding of Islam.

While it is true that both Christianity and Islam tended to treat Jews as second class citizens, and impose additional restrictions and burdens on them, for the most part- except for when political leaders were used Jews for their own political purposes and tacitly or implicitly instigated violence- most of the time they coexisted peacefully.

Jews did NOT live happily along side the Muslims; Jews were forced to pay a non-Muslim tax and smiled because the tax prevented them from being beheaded.

SYRIUSLY------and swallowed the islamo propaganda WHOLE. I read that propaganda long before I knew what the word "arab" meant. Thus I remember it as well as I learned "hey diddle diddle diddle----and cat and the fiddle---the cow jumped over the moon....." Syriusly is just parroting what he imagines he knows

I am not responsible either for the OP's anti-semitism or your virulent anti-Muslimism.

Jews were forced to pay additional taxes- by Muslims- and by Christians. Yet for the most of history Jews and Muslims coexisted peacefully.

black americans lived "PEACEFULLY" on southern plantations during the antebellum era------you made no
point other than the fact that you support filth and oppression. In the course of my professional life----I,
sometimes had to venture into prisons-------including prisons for the criminally insane-------almost ALWAYS
"peaceful" You want to DEFINE "peaceful"-------Since
"peaceful" seems to be your "goal" -----a good way to
maintain "peace" in the country Israel----or all of that
which is today called "Palestine" ----would be to impose the details of the PACT OF OMAR AND DHIMMIA on
the muslim population there so that all can enjoy "peace"

I stand by my statements, which are true irrespective of what you have said. Can you back up your statements with proof and references.

I thought it was understood that we would refrain from disparagement in this discussion. Calling someone's statement idiotic is disparagement because it implies that the one making the statement is an idiot. Please govern yourself accordingly in the future.

I referred to your statement that the HISTORY OF ISRAEL "BEGINS" at the beginning of the 20th century because IT IS idiotic-------and I cited a few reasons.
I will not humor you by hunting up links to commonly known FACTS. Another source for the "beginning of Israel"-----is old travel periodicals and even

Irosie91:

HAPPILY side by side

Jews were considered second class citizens by both Christians and Muslims. And yes they faced discrimination in both Christian and Muslim nations- but for most of history were able to coexist peacefully with both Christians and Muslims- though the tide went back and forth.

When the Jews were expelled from Spain- they were allowed into Muslim countries- yes they had to pay additional taxes- like all non-Muslims- but that was better than execution or forced conversion that they faced in Christian Spain. And Jewish communities thrived peacefully for the best part of hundreds of year under the Ottomans.

The most fortunate of the expelled Jews succeeded in escaping to Turkey. Sultan Bajazet welcomed them warmly. "How can you call Ferdinand of Aragon a wise king," he was fond of asking, "the same Ferdinand who impoverished his own land and enriched ours?"
The Spanish Expulsion (1492) | Jewish Virtual Library

Irosie91:

HAPPILY side by side

Jews were considered second class citizens by both Christians and Muslims. And yes they faced discrimination in both Christian and Muslim nations- but for most of history were able to coexist peacefully with both Christians and Muslims- though the tide went back and forth.

When the Jews were expelled from Spain- they were allowed into Muslim countries- yes they had to pay additional taxes- like all non-Muslims- but that was better than execution or forced conversion that they faced in Christian Spain. And Jewish communities thrived peacefully for the best part of hundreds of year under the Ottomans.

The most fortunate of the expelled Jews succeeded in escaping to Turkey. Sultan Bajazet welcomed them warmly. "How can you call Ferdinand of Aragon a wise king," he was fond of asking, "the same Ferdinand who impoverished his own land and enriched ours?"

What part of Taxation vs Execution eludes you?

HAPPILY side by side

black americans lived "PEACEFULLY" on southern plantations during the antebellum era------you made no
point other than the fact that you support filth and oppression.

I support the facts.

Christians and Muslim countries both discriminated against Jews.

You only care about the issue to attack Muslims.

Irosie91:

HAPPILY side by side

Don't blame him -----he is a parrot

Irosie91:

HAPPILY side by side

I don't think anything eluded me- compared to how the Christians of Spain treated the Jews, the Muslims of Turkey treated the Jews far better- the Turks actually invited the Jews to come to Turkey.

I support the facts.

Coexisted yes...lived peacefully by dint of execution, eh.

HAPPILY side by side

Don't blame him -----he is a parrot

LOL- says the perpetual anti-Muslim bigot.

The only different between you and an anti-semite is the semite you hate.

HAPPILY side by side

The Christians of Spain didn't treat the Christians of Spain too well.

I don't think anything eluded me- compared to how the Christians of Spain treated the Jews, the Muslims of Turkey treated the Jews far better- the Turks actually invited the Jews to come to Turkey.

I support the facts.

I am not sure what your point is?

In medieval society those who didn't live peacefully- and were not the aristocracy- were usually subject to execution- whether they were Christian, Muslim or Jewish.

I support the facts.

In medieval society those who didn't live peacefully- and were not the aristocracy- were usually subject to execution- whether they were Christian, Muslim or Jewish.

Many Christians were tortured to death because the Church suspected them of wanting to convert to Judaism.
Nothing beat a good reason for the Church to torture people to death.

Last edited:

I support the facts.

what makes you imagine that you "know" what people "care" about? Do you imagine that the
problems of the world today are based on YOUR "FACT" that people "ATTACK MUSLIMS"?. Do not
be shy-------muslims are so taught in their schools and
mosques

HAPPILY side by side

you are referring to a very small window of time and
some very specific PLACES ------Scarlett O'Hara
liked Mammy

I support the facts.

Many Christian were tortured to death because the Church suspected them of wanting to convert to Judaism.
Nothing beat a good reason for the Church to torture people to death.

when I was a child-----I had a teacher who spent part of his childhood in a POW camp in SIBERIA-------his family had fled
Warsaw, Poland------to Russia. Lots of
the people in the POW camp died of starvation-------but it was better than AUSCHWITZ

I support the facts.

what makes you imagine that you "know" what people "care" about? Do you imagine that the
problems of the world today are based on YOUR "FACT" that people "ATTACK MUSLIMS"?. Do not
be shy-------muslims are so taught in their schools and
mosques

You are right- I don't know what you 'care' about- all I can observe is your vile anti-Islamism- which is no different than the vile anti-semitism in this thread.

liked Mammy

I am speaking of actual history- history you like to ignore- just so you can push your own version of anti-Semitism- anti-Islamism.

liked Mammy

I am speaking of actual history- history you like to ignore- just so you can push your own version of anti-Semitism- anti-Islamism.

Then you don't know your history.

liked Mammy

you do not know history------you are a wiki "scholar" I read the stuff that you
parrot when I was 10 years old-----------but I read LOTS AND LOTS------(probably
before you were born) I even read the classic comics and cliff's notes---that
got you thru high school-------but I read the real stuff too

I support the facts.

Jibberish---------you have no idea of time or place or issue?

Forum List

Back