Is Buddy Jesus Offensive to Christians?

What the heck are you talking about?

It started out as a conversation about whether or not Christians found the dashboard statue "Buddy Jesus" offensive. "Buddy Jesus" was the creation of the Catholic priest portrayed by George Carlin in the movie Dogma.

The conversation, however, seems to be taking a turn to the personal... I know, shocking...

well that explains why this whole topic. I tend to ignore stupid ideas from the great and spacious building. Why would i give anyone the power to offend me? It's not me people are accountable to.

the Lord says He will fight His own battles. I trust they He will act any way He feels is appropriate. My responsibility is to love and forgive others

It started out as a conversation about whether or not Christians found the dashboard statue "Buddy Jesus" offensive. "Buddy Jesus" was the creation of the Catholic priest portrayed by George Carlin in the movie Dogma.

The conversation, however, seems to be taking a turn to the personal... I know, shocking...

well that explains why this whole topic. I tend to ignore stupid ideas from the great and spacious building. Why would i give anyone the power to offend me? It's not me people are accountable to.

the Lord says He will fight His own battles. I trust they He will act any way He feels is appropriate. My responsibility is to love and forgive others

I just figure that, if he's up there, he's got bigger things to tend and he's probably got a much better sense of humor than people give credit for... Especially after all these years...

Oh sorry.

I didn't realize the problem was with reading.

I just figured Av didn't feel like trudging through the posts...

He/she is supposedly a mod. Reading the board is his/her job.

And, if he (shrug) is going to ask a question, it might help to know who he (shrug) is asking.

Eh, maybe it has something to do with sharing a board with Av for 8 years? I dunno...

And if I was a mod, I still wouldn't read every thread that was started either. Some of these people are fucking stupid...

I don't see how the Buddy Christ statue can offensive. It's not mocking Christ, it's just not showing him as the traditional angsty goth-type that He's normally portrayed as. I'm not a Christian any longer, but even when I was I would much rather see Jesus as a loving guy I could sit down and have a beer and tell jokes with that just some dour and joyless moper who could never even crack a smile.

Is this mocking?

burger-king-jeebus-says.png

Would someone PLEASE teach Avatar4321 how to use the quote function?

:rolleyes-41:

off. Hjmick didn't have any problems answering me. There doesn't seem to be a need to quote anything when it's obvious

There were at least 6 posters above your nasty, snide, superior question. But hey, must be that special sight you morms have because, when there are that many comments from so many different posters, I would not ASSSume who is talking to me and I still don't know who you were preaching at.

Do you think Buddy Jesus is offensive to Christians? I personally have no issue with it and see no reason to be offended. Jeremiah Interested in your opinion.

View attachment 35444

What does Jesus have to do with American Christianity?

Not much, apparently.

Reading this board has really opened my eyes. At their worst, I used to look on christians as a minor annoyance. I never had much contact with these holier-than-thou types and really never gave them a lot of thought.

Here, on this board, its the so-called christians who preach the most hate and racism and just down right nastiness. I have no doubt that they would lie, steal and cheat, stab you in the back and a whole lot worse, all while thumping on their frikken bible/book of morm.

This board is as close as I will ever let any of them get to me.

You said "American Christianity". Is there reason to believe these vile hypocrites are not all over the globe?

Is this mocking?

burger-king-jeebus-says.png

Picture the Burger King David with bacon cheese burger carved into a star of David where one sees meat, cheese, and pork mingled together. I would protest such an image as being unnecessarily hurtful and mocking to people of the Jewish faith.

The bottom line: Is the intent and context humor, or is the context and intent to mock?

off. Hjmick didn't have any problems answering me. There doesn't seem to be a need to quote anything when it's obvious

There were at least 6 posters above your nasty, snide, superior question. But hey, must be that special sight you morms have because, when there are that many comments from so many different posters, I would not ASSSume who is talking to me and I still don't know who you were preaching at.
Okay, children. You have hijacked my thread enough.

I haven't preached at anything. I asked a question. The only snide remarks have come from you.

I haven't preached at anything. I asked a question. The only snide remarks have come from you.
What kind of forum is this when the MODERATORS are the ones derailing the threads?

Does Buddy Jesus come with a magnet? How does he attach to the dashboard?
There is a bobble-head...how is that!

Okay, now THAT is appropriate.

Seriously, why is the "faith" of some christians so fragile that they actually get offended by something as benign as this?

Maybe the problem here is that your god and your religion is actually threatened by a little smiling plastic Jesus.

could care less, but you might wanna ask muslims why they get offended at everything...

Forum List

Back