Is Buddy Jesus Offensive to Christians?

Oh, wait...you lost that to your grand wizard....didn't you call him, Grand Daddy?

That was funny!
I believe you have a question to answer in another thread before you start burying yourself in this one.

Why are you stalking me from thread to thread?

I told you to put up or STFU, and your answer was to let everyone read 34 pages of thread instead. Go bother someone else.
Hey, if you can comment on something directed at me, you're fair game. I know you libs have a double standard about stuff like that but oh well.

Oh, wait...you lost that to your grand wizard....didn't you call him, Grand Daddy?

That was funny!
I believe you have a question to answer in another thread before you start burying yourself in this one.

I told you to put up or STFU, and your answer was to let everyone read 34 pages of thread instead. Go bother someone else.
Hey, if you can comment on something directed at me, you're fair game. I know you libs have a double standard about stuff like that but oh well.

Hey, stop trying to hijack this thread. I'm busy posting about Jesus now.

That was funny!

That's more than YOU do.

YOU make an ass of yourself and then hightail it outta there.

Does Buddy Jesus come with a magnet? How does he attach to the dashboard?
There is a bobble-head...how is that!

Okay, now THAT is appropriate.

Seriously, why is the "faith" of some christians so fragile that they actually get offended by something as benign as this?

Maybe the problem here is that your god and your religion is actually threatened by a little smiling plastic Jesus.

Seriously, why is the "faith" of some christians so fragile that they actually get offended by something as benign as this?

Maybe the problem here is that your god and your religion is actually threatened by a little smiling plastic Jesus.
Nobody is "threatened" by it, you idiot.

I don't have those answers...sometimes it is akin to offending someone because you are disparaging what is most important to them...their Faith. Something they hold dear, above everything. You may disagree with someone having such faith or never understand it...but it isn't necessary to try to hurt them by making light or offending their beliefs.

Nobody is "threatened" by it, you idiot.
You should consider displaying a measure of manners around here.

He should be addressed as MISTER idiot. :slap:

No, he comes with a sword, which you're going to find out one day.

That doesn't sound very nice. Strange...I had always heard good things. o_O
You have no clue, and that's no surprise.

image.png

I had never heard the phrase "Buddy Jesus" before, I had seen that somewhat derisive image of Jesus, however.

I don't think that image is anywhere nearly as offensive to Jesus as what the Romans did to Him at about the time of the scourging and the crucifixion. I am not very religious. But my mental image of Jesus involves a picture of a usually smiling, happy Person.

Putting aside the teachings about hell and the 'only way to God' is through Him, it is apparent that most of the teachings of Jesus centered on the love of god and the love of mankind. A warm smile is not inconsistent with those things.

What the heck are you talking about?

It started out as a conversation about whether or not Christians found the dashboard statue "Buddy Jesus" offensive. "Buddy Jesus" was the creation of the Catholic priest portrayed by George Carlin in the movie Dogma.

The conversation, however, seems to be taking a turn to the personal... I know, shocking...

I had never heard the phrase "Buddy Jesus" before, I had seen that somewhat derisive image of Jesus, however.

I don't think that image is anywhere nearly as offensive to Jesus as what the Romans did to Him at about the time of the scourging and the crucifixion. I am not very religious. But my mental image of Jesus involves a picture of a usually smiling, happy Person.

Putting aside the teachings about hell and the 'only way to God' is through Him, it is apparent that most of the teachings of Jesus centered on the love of god and the love of mankind. A warm smile is not inconsistent with those things.
I have a problem with the Crucifix thing too! But that's a Catholic thing...a whole different can of worms.

What the heck are you talking about?

It started out as a conversation about whether or not Christians found the dashboard statue "Buddy Jesus" offensive. "Buddy Jesus" was the creation of the Catholic priest portrayed by George Carlin in the movie Dogma.

The conversation, however, seems to be taking a turn to the personal... I know, shocking...
It will catch back up. It is almost SJ's bedtime.

Forum List

Back