Is Buddy Jesus Offensive to Christians?

Nutz

Gold Member
Feb 27, 2014
Do you think Buddy Jesus is offensive to Christians? I personally have no issue with it and see no reason to be offended. Jeremiah Interested in your opinion.

download.jpg

Do you think Buddy Jesus is offensive to Christians? I personally have no issue with it and see no reason to be offended. Jeremiah Interested in your opinion.

View attachment 35444

Some Christians do not need a reason to be offended, and other couldn't give a shit about Buddy Jesus. Me personally, my first instinct when seeing it is to think "60's hippies" not "Jesus" and then I remind myself.

I wouldn't say "offensive" exactly, but not quite right, either. I once knew a lady who was always claiming that she and her daughter were best friends--and she would act more like a "best friend" to her daughter than her mother. Mothers and daughters can be close friends, but to me, first and foremost they should be mother-daughter.

I'm trying to picture my dad's face on that pose--and it just doesn't work. I had a close relationship with my dad, but not one that I would classify as buddy-buddy. The pose in the OP would have just been silly had my dad ever tried something similar with me.

My favorite portrait of Christ was one where he was a tousled hair, wind-blown, and even a tad sun-burned, mid-eastern man who was happily lifting a lost lamb onto his shoulders. It was a very human picture, but love and contentment shone through.

• Banned

View attachment 35444

Some Christians do not need a reason to be offended, and other couldn't give a shit about Buddy Jesus. Me personally, my first instinct when seeing it is to think "60's hippies" not "Jesus" and then I remind myself.
LOL...my thoughts exactly...Wasn't there a similar drawing made in the 60's.

I have seen some Christians offended like a Muslim is offended if a picture of Muhammed is drawn. I have seen some laugh and embrace buddy Jesus.

Do you think Buddy Jesus is controversial at all?

BTW, there is no angle to this...I am actually thinking about incorporating a similar image into a current project.

• Banned
I wouldn't say "offensive" exactly, but not quite right, either. I once knew a lady who was always claiming that she and her daughter were best friends--and she would act more like a "best friend" to her daughter than her mother. Mothers and daughters can be close friends, but to me, first and foremost they should be mother-daughter.

I'm trying to picture my dad's face on that pose--and it just doesn't work. I had a close relationship with my dad, but not one that I would classify as buddy-buddy. The pose in the OP would have just been silly had my dad ever tried something similar with me.

My favorite portrait of Christ was one where he was a tousled hair, wind-blown, and even a tad sun-burned, mid-eastern man who was happily lifting a lost lamb onto his shoulders. It was a very human picture, but love and contentment shone through.
You make a very valid point. I personally believe Jesus loves me with a smile...even when I sin.

Yes. The mocking of Jesus is offensive. Hey Nuz, haven't seen you in a while. Where ya been, jail?

• Banned
Yes. The mocking of Jesus is offensive. Hey Nuz, haven't seen you in a while. Where ya been, jail?
How is it mocking Jesus?

Unlike you, I have never been to jail or prison. I am of good and common demeanor, I follow the law...you, on the other hand, have chosen a life of unlawful actions...that's what happens when you support and join hate groups.

• Banned
BTW, touche...you got me back for that one....but you were really in jail, right?

Who cares? If you're offended, don't buy one. Much like regular Jesuses.
So you consider yourself to be a Christian? Do you attend Church on a regular basis...(just qualifying your answer since I am unaware of your beliefs.)

How is it mocking Jesus?

Unlike you, I have never been to jail or prison. I am of good and common demeanor, I follow the law...you, on the other hand, have chosen a life of unlawful actions...that's what happens when you support and join hate groups.
Don't lie.

How is it mocking Jesus?

Don't lie.
LOL...just because you and your hate ilk are ex-cons...it doesn't mean I am. You see, many of us have values. Most racists, like yourself, have skewed values and end up incarcerated. Is jail where you found Jesus..did you search him out in order to save you butt virginity?

Oh, wait...you lost that to your grand wizard....didn't you call him, Grand Daddy?

So you consider yourself to be a Christian? Do you attend Church on a regular basis...(just qualifying your answer since I am unaware of your beliefs.)
Atheist. But unless you're planning on putting it in a courthouse and a school homeroom, do whatever you want with it.

Atheist. But unless you're planning on putting it in a courthouse and a school homeroom, do whatever you want with it.
Thanks for sharing...

So you are an Atheist and check out the Christian thread...why?

How is it mocking Jesus?

Don't lie.
LOL...just because you and your hate ilk are ex-cons...it doesn't mean I am. You see, many of us have values. Most racists, like yourself, have skewed values and end up incarcerated. Is jail where you found Jesus..did you search him out in order to save you butt virginity?
Back to the "prison sex" references, I see. Reminiscing, tinker bell?

Thanks for sharing...

I think the politics of offense in the private sphere are just stupid. A house near me has a sign that says "You are saved by faith, NOT BY WORKS" and it's annoying and in my mind offensive but they're free to have and display it.

Thanks for sharing...

I think the politics of offense in the private sphere are just stupid. A house near me has a sign that says "You are saved by faith, NOT BY WORKS" and it's annoying and in my mind offensive but they're free to have and display it.
Yeah...just curious. Like I said, I am most interested in what Christians think because you wouldn't be the market to begin or end with.

How is it mocking Jesus?

Don't lie.
Back to the "prison sex" references, I see. Reminiscing, tinker bell?
Will you quit entertaining me...I am trying to have a serious discussion, Bruce.

There is no law that gives anyone the right to not be offended, and somehow I don't think Nutz is concerned about offending anyone.

Forum List

Back