The Cosmos

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
Anyone who believes in God needs to watch the Cosmos. Watch the new one with Neil Degrasse Tyson and the old one with Carl Sagan. Once you learn the history of man, science and religion you will realize god(s) were made up long before we decided to just go with one god. Religious ignorance has held us back thousands of years. Religious people love to brag that it was on their watch that we came up with cures and that it was religious people who got us on the moon. They expose their ignorance to the fact that many of the scientists were/are atheists. They try to ignore the history of how many scientists were put to death for heresy by the churches for things that turned out to be correct. But today the church doesn't get so upset if you suggest the earth isn't the center of the universe or that the sun revolves around the earth because churches change with the times. They've learned not to fight science and instead ignore your anti scientific history and embrace science. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

300 years before Christ, Aristarchus of Samos discovered the earth was not the center of the universe. But it wasn't until the year 1500 of our lord that someone dared suggest it again. Who squashed this fact for 1800 years? Religion.

Think about instead of the 50 year cold war and all the other wars we fought if we would have put the time and energy into colonizing Mars. Take all the nukes we have built since the 1950's and tell me how much money that is. Human beings are stupid. One way to tell how dumb someone is, ask them if they believe in god.

It may be the reason mankind has always believed in God's is because it is in our nature to sense there is more than the merely physical universe. I have had personal experience of spiritualism and the occult and I think the universe could have been started by a divine mind that worked the whole thing out in minute detail, then set it into motion. Religions fail when they become doctrines that are assumed to be written in stone. When really we should keep our minds open to a greater and greater vision of Gods nature. The more we learn about the vastness of the universe the greater the God that could have started the whole thing off becomes.

Anyone who believes in God needs to watch the Cosmos. Watch the new one with Neil Degrasse Tyson and the old one with Carl Sagan. Once you learn the history of man, science and religion you will realize god(s) were made up long before we decided to just go with one god. Religious ignorance has held us back thousands of years. Religious people love to brag that it was on their watch that we came up with cures and that it was religious people who got us on the moon. They expose their ignorance to the fact that many of the scientists were/are atheists. They try to ignore the history of how many scientists were put to death for heresy by the churches for things that turned out to be correct. But today the church doesn't get so upset if you suggest the earth isn't the center of the universe or that the sun revolves around the earth because churches change with the times. They've learned not to fight science and instead ignore your anti scientific history and embrace science. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

300 years before Christ, Aristarchus of Samos discovered the earth was not the center of the universe. But it wasn't until the year 1500 of our lord that someone dared suggest it again. Who squashed this fact for 1800 years? Religion.

Think about instead of the 50 year cold war and all the other wars we fought if we would have put the time and energy into colonizing Mars. Take all the nukes we have built since the 1950's and tell me how much money that is. Human beings are stupid. One way to tell how dumb someone is, ask them if they believe in god.
One way to tell how dumb someone is, ask them if they believe in god.
is that one way?....just play along here Bobo.....what if Steven Hawking said he believes in a higher "being" "power" or a higher something....would you still think he is a dumbass?...some rather intelligent people are able to keep their Beliefs separate from what they can observe....if a "God" does indeed exist, he used science to create all this...what opportunist did afterwards to get power is another matter....and those kinds of people have always been around....

Scientific questions and discoveries are only a solid proof for what has written in the Bible and we yet couldn't understand or perhaps forgotten.
I Just found out where dinosaurs are in the Bible, go ahead lets see who can catch this one.

One way to tell how dumb someone is, ask them if they believe in god.
is that one way?....just play along here Bobo.....what if Steven Hawking said he believes in a higher "being" "power" or a higher something....would you still think he is a dumbass?...some rather intelligent people are able to keep their Beliefs separate from what they can observe....if a "God" does indeed exist, he used science to create all this...what opportunist did afterwards to get power is another matter....and those kinds of people have always been around....

I do understand a lot of smart people believe in god. But why? Because they want to believe in a god. And if you know the history you know our primitive and ancient ancestors made him up. I know it doesn't matter to you theists because ultimately the question "is there a god" can maybe never be answered. But honestly, that is all you have. 100,000 years ago primitive man thought the stars were gods. Before they came up with that theory they thought they were other camp fires in the sky. So you see that the basis for a god was completely made up in myth. Then along the way they deduced that there was only one god, not many. But they have no proof of 1 or many gods. And two different societies went to war to decide who's god was real and who's was made up? Maybe both were made up? Then the Jews came to be the basis of our modern day religions. Us Christians and Muslims came from them. There is no difference between your god and Zeus.

So feel free to keep "believing" in the unbelievable if it makes you feel good but I'm telling you this stupidity is what is holding us humans back. It is how they control us and how they keep us ignorant. 2500 years ago the Greeks figured out the Cosmos and religion hid that knowledge for 1100 years. Why? Because it contradicted their story.

If all you believe is that "something must have created all this", that is fine. But at least admit you don't know anything, your church is made up just like all the other churches. If after watching the old and new Cosmos you still believe god talked to Moses or came on a suicide mission then you are dumb.

It may be the reason mankind has always believed in God's is because it is in our nature to sense there is more than the merely physical universe. I have had personal experience of spiritualism and the occult and I think the universe could have been started by a divine mind that worked the whole thing out in minute detail, then set it into motion. Religions fail when they become doctrines that are assumed to be written in stone. When really we should keep our minds open to a greater and greater vision of Gods nature. The more we learn about the vastness of the universe the greater the God that could have started the whole thing off becomes.

As long as theists admit you made up all your previous organized religions I'm cool with that. It all boils down to and goes back to the original caveman argument. Most of the cavemen agreed that something MUST HAVE created us. They weren't smart enough to think any other way. My dad and one of my friends are 2 great examples. So are you. You can show someone who is superstitious, gullible and afraid of the unknown all the facts and they will still believe in a god. And not just generic god. They still believe things like bad people go to hell. They still hope a heaven awaits them. So they are cherry picking from the organized religions they too know are made up.

It was only a small percentage of daring creative thinkers who didn't believe just because they couldn't believe any other way and they dared question organized religions who have been wrong throughout the ages but are still powerful and rich why? Because people despite the science still believe. People still question science and not religion. The two don't mix. Now I know why religion hated science and supressed science. It forced their stories (lies) to become allegories when in the past these told them those stories were true. So people understand adam and eve and moses stories didn't really happen but ask them if Mohammad or Jesus are real and they will say yes.

The best thing I heard Carl Sagan say was, "why does god have to be eternal and the cosmos not?". Why not take god out of the equasion. Maybe the universe is and has always been, just because. We are here because we are here. No more no less. And we are very small. There's most likely life all over the cosmos and we are just too small to find it.

Read for yourself unless u r too lazy
I Already found it, just challenging others to.

Have you watched the Cosmos yet? Because it answers a lot of your questions. No the beasts in the bible were not dinosaurs. LOL. This is the problem with theists. They don't like science because science isn't perfect but what science has done is debunk every bogus religious claim. For example, NO the bibles written less than 10,000 years ago were not referring to dinosaurs that lived millions of years ago.

But you can go to the Himilaya Mountains and find the Takin is the "beast" behind the Golden Fleece story. We also now know because of science that not only are we related to monkeys and fish, we are also related to the Takin and TREES. How did life get started on this planet? Science thinks a comet brought life to earth. Before that we thought something else. Whatever the truth, it isn't found in the bible. The people who wrote the bible were very ancient and primitive. A small percentage of humans invented the technology we all appreciate today and we would be 10,000 years ahead of where we are now if not for religion.

Read for yourself unless u r too lazy
I Already found it, just challenging others to.

Have you watched the Cosmos yet? Because it answers a lot of your questions. No the beasts in the bible were not dinosaurs. LOL. This is the problem with theists. They don't like science because science isn't perfect but what science has done is debunk every bogus religious claim. For example, NO the bibles written less than 10,000 years ago were not referring to dinosaurs that lived millions of years ago.

But you can go to the Himilaya Mountains and find the Takin is the "beast" behind the Golden Fleece story. We also now know because of science that not only are we related to monkeys and fish, we are also related to the Takin and TREES. How did life get started on this planet? Science thinks a comet brought life to earth. Before that we thought something else. Whatever the truth, it isn't found in the bible. The people who wrote the bible were very ancient and primitive. A small percentage of humans invented the technology we all appreciate today and we would be 10,000 years ahead of where we are now if not for religion.
The Bible is not over 10,000 years old simply because the earth is only 6000 years old genius!

Forum List

Back