Iranians Shrug Off Obama - America Soon To Follow?

So nobody votes based on foreign policy? You are really, really stupid dude. Outrageously so, even.
They don't vote based on another country's leader, you fucking invalid.

Really? Why not? You don't think that maybe, just maybe, if another country demonizes you, you might vote for the individual who demonizes the other country back? Is that so incredibly absurd to you?

Gonna respond to this Elvis? Or does it not fit in your worldview, so your just gonna wish it away?

It's impossible to have a fair election in any country these days. There are just too many ways to cheat that can go unchecked. Iran has not been a democratic state since the Shah was ousted back in the late 70's, so why is anyone surprised that the radicals won this election?

I'm sure not surprised. I would have been surprised had it gone any differently. For one thing, Iran does not allow international election monitors, which would have never allowed votes to be inserted into plastic containers held together with clothespins.

Question: Was there this much discussion last week when the people of Lebanon voted against Hezbollah, which Iran directly controls? Of course not. It's so much easier to lambaste the U.S. President over the reelection of the hardliner in Iran, isn't it...

This entire topic, on this message board, has nothing to do with Iran. It has everything to do with the pure unadulterated hatred of Barack Obama.

Suggestion to Gunny, et al. How about a new topic called HATE OBAMA? POST THOUGHTS HERE. That way, there would be no confusion over who supports what ISSUES because the topic would not be issue-oriented.

No, it has everything to do with your unadulterated worship of Obama. His message HAD to have resonated with the country. Therefore when A-jad won, since Obama's messianic speeches should have been the difference in the election, the election must have been stolen.

Who said his message HAD to have resonated with the country? Care to quote someone on that?

It's impossible to have a fair election in any country these days. There are just too many ways to cheat that can go unchecked. Iran has not been a democratic state since the Shah was ousted back in the late 70's, so why is anyone surprised that the radicals won this election?

The Obama White House is.

And now, how much covert money and manpower is going to be spent to try and get some form of actual revolution in Iran so the American President can save face?

Happening as we post - of that you can be certain...

Yes, you said so. It must be true.

Question: Was there this much discussion last week when the people of Lebanon voted against Hezbollah, which Iran directly controls? Of course not. It's so much easier to lambaste the U.S. President over the reelection of the hardliner in Iran, isn't it...

This entire topic, on this message board, has nothing to do with Iran. It has everything to do with the pure unadulterated hatred of Barack Obama.

Suggestion to Gunny, et al. How about a new topic called HATE OBAMA? POST THOUGHTS HERE. That way, there would be no confusion over who supports what ISSUES because the topic would not be issue-oriented.

No, it has everything to do with your unadulterated worship of Obama. His message HAD to have resonated with the country. Therefore when A-jad won, since Obama's messianic speeches should have been the difference in the election, the election must have been stolen.

The election was stolen because there are reams and reams of evidence that the election was stolen. Or don't you know how to read?

An editorial from the Huntington Post, who cited TWO neocons. I'm convinced now.:cuckoo:

You asked who did that. I gave you an answer. You should be convinced unless you are even more of a dishonest shithead than I previously thought.

And do tell what it being from the huffington post has to do with anything?

OK, you win. TWO fucking people said it. We should believe now that more than ONE percent of those who don't worship Obama like you do are supporting our enemies. :cuckoo:
You daft ****.

The election was stolen because there are reams and reams of evidence that the election was stolen. Or don't you know how to read?

Fuck off asshole. You thought it was stolen the minute it looked like A-jad wouldn't win.

An editorial from the Huntington Post, who cited TWO neocons. I'm convinced now.:cuckoo:

You asked who did that. I gave you an answer. You should be convinced unless you are even more of a dishonest shithead than I previously thought.

OK, you win. TWO fucking people said it. We should believe now that more than ONE percent of those who don't worship Obama like you do are supporting our enemies. :cuckoo:
You daft ****.

Oh, I'm sure its not a ton. But it is sad that well known right-wingers are supporting enemies of the US. Shows how sad you pathetic fucks have fallen.

Its obvious that, sadly, you have Obama derangement syndrome. Might want to go visit a doctor there, skippy.

Fuck off asshole. You thought it was stolen the minute it looked like A-jad wouldn't win.

Really? Is that why I said many, many times that it was unclear what happened and that it MAY have been stolen until i saw what was, to me, enough evidence to conclude that?

Protests erupt in Iranian capital | Video | Reuters.com

YouTube - Iranians protest against Ahmadinejad, plz send this to everyone. reformists aljazeera al jazeera

These people look plenty pissed off at the election results.
I don't know if the second video is authentic.

It looks to me like these Iranians want change for sure.

Absolutely they do. Sadly, it appears they are a minority.

The hardliners remain in charge.

On a related side note, the Israeli contempt for Obama has likely increased with these results - Obama comes off looking very weak and uncertain - to say nothing of completely naive.

Carter Part II indeed...

Unfortunately for you, the minority fringers, most people who matter don't share that opinion.

Obama Approval High Among Muslims, Jews, and Catholics

They don't vote based on another country's leader, you fucking invalid.

Really? Why not? You don't think that maybe, just maybe, if another country demonizes you, you might vote for the individual who demonizes the other country back? Is that so incredibly absurd to you?

Gonna respond to this Elvis? Or does it not fit in your worldview, so your just gonna wish it away?

So now Bush convinced the Iranians to vote for A-jad? Is that what you're saying, daft ****?

So now Bush convinced the Iranians to vote for A-jad? Is that what you're saying, daft ****?

He didn't "convince" them, but he surely had an effect. As I said before, it was probably marginal but it surely was there.

You daft ****.

Oh, I'm sure its not a ton. But it is sad that well known right-wingers are supporting enemies of the US. Shows how sad you pathetic fucks have fallen.

Its obvious that, sadly, you have Obama derangement syndrome. Might want to go visit a doctor there, skippy.

Maybe I and everyone else that doesn't bow down to him should be sent away for "political education". I am sure you would like that, wouldn't you Adolf?

You daft ****.

Maybe I and everyone else that doesn't bow down to him should be sent away for "political education". I am sure you would like that, wouldn't you Adolf?

What are you trying to do, prove that the internet is as fucking retarded as Godwin thought it was?

Jesus, grow the fuck up kiddo.

i have nothing to add to this piece of shit thread. it is the mirror of the "obama effect" thread. same shit different side.

i said what i had to say in this other thread, this one deserves only ridicule.

Who's blaming Obama for this? I am not. The point was we had a couple of you guys actually calling the election--2 days before it happened--& giving credit to Obama for a wishful thinking win.

Does mean you should run away from this thread? No--it's designed--to give you a little history lesson the middle east--instead of thinking that because a new President was elected 6 months ago--everything is going to change for the better.

Sorry friend--I have been around way to long to know that never happens in the middle east--regardless of who the POTUS is.

Good point.

The arrogance of those posts in here mirrored the arrogance of the Obama White House regarding this issue leading up to these elections.

Obama continues to show, as someone else indicated, a dangerous naivete.

And his impotence with foreign policy mirrors his impotence with our own American economy. (that is, unless it is his desire to further weaken said economy - for which Obama must then be deemed a much greater success...)

Just curious where you get your information from. There is absolutely nothing anywhere that defines Obama's foreign policy as being "impotent" unless it's from one of your favorite blogs. Even FOX has his foreign policy (at last poll taken, I believe in April, as 55% approval). As for the mideast, the stories both here and abroad generally support this survey.

Poll: Obama more popular than U.S. in the Middle East | FP Passport
McClatchy reports on the Middle East's love affair with U.S. President Barack Obama:

The poll of six Arab nations found that residents think that Obama will have a positive impact on the Middle East — a region marked by war, religious disputes, ethnic and sectarian violence — as well as on the United States and the rest of the world.

Obama scored highest in Jordan, where 58 percent of its citizens have a favorable opinion of him, 29 percent have an unfavorable view, 6 percent had no opinion and 7 percent didn't know.

Saudi Arabians have a 53 percent favorable opinion of Obama, followed by 52 percent in the United Arab Emirates. From there, Obama's popularity dips below 50 percent with a 47 percent favorability rating in Kuwait, 43 percent in Lebanon and 35 percent in Egypt. In none of these countries, however, was Obama's unfavorable rating higher than his favorable one.

In contrast, only 38 percent of Saudis have a favorable view of the United States, followed by 36 percent of Jordanians, 34 percent of UAE residents, 31 percent of Lebanese and 22 percent of Egyptians.

I could not help but chuckle at the naive implorations by a few in this forum declaring that Obama was altering the attitude of the Muslim world through a few speeches given in recent weeks.

It is that degree of naivety that is the now-crumbling foundation of the Obama administration. They were elected on the power of speech, so they are now convinced they can actually govern by that same power - that words in essence, are more critical than actual results.

So, while Obama's personal popularity remains high, his job approval has fallen, particularly in the categories of handling the economy, government spending, and taxes. The reality of the time is now in stark contrast to the lofty rhetoric of Obama's so often contradictory words.

And now with the overwhelming victory by Iranian Muslim hardliner President Ahmadinejad in Iran, re-elected by well over 60% of the population (a far more statistically significant victory than Obama's own victory in the United States last year) we see Obama's impotence with the American economy now extending to foreign policy.

The Obama White House is a place of increasing uncertainty. The community organizer turned President struggles for a coherent message - particularly when removed from the safety of his teleprompted script. The economy continues to stagnate, and a tide of opposition grows against his health care plan, where more moderate Democrats are now quietly backing away from the White House for fear of being attached to its quite possible legislative failure.

And so, this White House continues its campaign of words-words-words, but fewer and fewer and fewer care to listen, with a hint of fomenting contempt against this overly scripted and verbose President beginning to accumulate across America.

The vast majority of Iranian people are not impressed with Obama.

Perhaps it is that one thing which the Iranians and the American people wil sooner rather than later, have in common.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/14/world/middleeast/14iran.html?_r=2&hp

Oy. Another retarded article that assumes that the election was free and fair.

Hmm.. Who possibly thinks that the election was "free and fair"? Obama paid 700 million dollars for the Whitehouse so it certainly wasn't free and given the biased press and Black Panthers with billy clubs hanging out at polling places, I'm not sure we can say it was fair either :)

:cuckoo: Romney had already paid $50 million out of his own pocket just to win Iowa, a year before the election. Your point is fucking MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT.

Forum List

Back