Iranians Shrug Off Obama - America Soon To Follow?

i have nothing to add to this piece of shit thread. it is the mirror of the "obama effect" thread. same shit different side.

i said what i had to say in this other thread, this one deserves only ridicule.

Protests erupt in Iranian capital | Video | Reuters.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXCnaFOmcho]YouTube - Iranians protest against Ahmadinejad, plz send this to everyone. reformists aljazeera al jazeera[/ame]

These people look plenty pissed off at the election results.
I don't know if the second video is authentic.

It looks to me like these Iranians want change for sure.

YouTube - Iranians protest against Ahmadinejad, plz send this to everyone. reformists aljazeera al jazeera

Absolutely they do. Sadly, it appears they are a minority.

The hardliners remain in charge.

On a related side note, the Israeli contempt for Obama has likely increased with these results - Obama comes off looking very weak and uncertain - to say nothing of completely naive.

Carter Part II indeed...

YouTube - Iranians protest against Ahmadinejad, plz send this to everyone. reformists aljazeera al jazeera

Absolutely they do. Sadly, it appears they are a minority.

The hardliners remain in charge.

On a related side note, the Israeli contempt for Obama has likely increased with these results - Obama comes off looking very weak and uncertain - to say nothing of completely naive.

Carter Part II indeed...

Dangerously naive.

I could not help but chuckle at the naive implorations by a few in this forum declaring that Obama was altering the attitude of the Muslim world through a few speeches given in recent weeks.

It is that degree of naivety that is the now-crumbling foundation of the Obama administration. They were elected on the power of speech, so they are now convinced they can actually govern by that same power - that words in essence, are more critical than actual results.

So, while Obama's personal popularity remains high, his job approval has fallen, particularly in the categories of handling the economy, government spending, and taxes. The reality of the time is now in stark contrast to the lofty rhetoric of Obama's so often contradictory words.

And now with the overwhelming victory by Iranian Muslim hardliner President Ahmadinejad in Iran, re-elected by well over 60% of the population (a far more statistically significant victory than Obama's own victory in the United States last year) we see Obama's impotence with the American economy now extending to foreign policy.

The Obama White House is a place of increasing uncertainty. The community organizer turned President struggles for a coherent message - particularly when removed from the safety of his teleprompted script. The economy continues to stagnate, and a tide of opposition grows against his health care plan, where more moderate Democrats are now quietly backing away from the White House for fear of being attached to its quite possible legislative failure.

And so, this White House continues its campaign of words-words-words, but fewer and fewer and fewer care to listen, with a hint of fomenting contempt against this overly scripted and verbose President beginning to accumulate across America.

The vast majority of Iranian people are not impressed with Obama.

Perhaps it is that one thing which the Iranians and the American people wil sooner rather than later, have in common.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/14/world/middleeast/14iran.html?_r=2&hp

Oy. Another retarded article that assumes that the election was free and fair.

Oy another left wing iberal who loves that ACORN made sure our own elections were not free and fair.. oy indeed!:lol::lol::lol:

i have nothing to add to this piece of shit thread. it is the mirror of the "obama effect" thread. same shit different side.

Who's blaming Obama for this? I am not. The point was we had a couple of you guys actually calling the election--2 days before it happened--& giving credit to Obama for a wishful thinking win.

Does this mean you should run away from this thread? No--it's designed--to give you a little history lesson the middle east--instead of thinking that because a new President was elected 6 months ago--everything is going to change for the better.

Sorry friend--I have been around way to long to know that never happens in the middle east--regardless of who the POTUS is. And we've been dealing with middle east problems since right after WW2 which was 1945!

Last edited:

Who's blaming Obama for this? I am not. The point was we had a couple of you guys actually calling the election--2 days before it happened--& giving credit to Obama for a wishful thinking win.

Does mean you should run away from this thread? No--it's designed--to give you a little history lesson the middle east--instead of thinking that because a new President was elected 6 months ago--everything is going to change for the better.

Sorry friend--I have been around way to long to know that never happens in the middle east--regardless of who the POTUS is.

Good point.

The arrogance of those posts in here mirrored the arrogance of the Obama White House regarding this issue leading up to these elections.

Obama continues to show, as someone else indicated, a dangerous naivete.

And his impotence with foreign policy mirrors his impotence with our own American economy. (that is, unless it is his desire to further weaken said economy - for which Obama must then be deemed a much greater success...)

Yes--the younger generation in Iran have wanted a change for decades now. It's too bad really--because they are educated young people--& yet there are so many hard-liners still in power it's almost impossible to get rid of them. Hopefully--the young won't do what they have done in the past. They got so hopeless they wouldn't even vote.

This is the first time ever they got to witness a public televised debate between political parties. Can you believe it?

Promises of coninued economic and social stagnation along with possible nuclear war are always vote winners.

Rigged.

The morose mullahs still control this country that is why they are so afraid of a successful real democracy, the one emerging next store, Iraq.

I could not help but chuckle at the naive implorations by a few in this forum declaring that Obama was altering the attitude of the Muslim world through a few speeches given in recent weeks.

It is that degree of naivety that is the now-crumbling foundation of the Obama administration. They were elected on the power of speech, so they are now convinced they can actually govern by that same power - that words in essence, are more critical than actual results.

So, while Obama's personal popularity remains high, his job approval has fallen, particularly in the categories of handling the economy, government spending, and taxes. The reality of the time is now in stark contrast to the lofty rhetoric of Obama's so often contradictory words.

And now with the overwhelming victory by Iranian Muslim hardliner President Ahmadinejad in Iran, re-elected by well over 60% of the population (a far more statistically significant victory than Obama's own victory in the United States last year) we see Obama's impotence with the American economy now extending to foreign policy.

The Obama White House is a place of increasing uncertainty. The community organizer turned President struggles for a coherent message - particularly when removed from the safety of his teleprompted script. The economy continues to stagnate, and a tide of opposition grows against his health care plan, where more moderate Democrats are now quietly backing away from the White House for fear of being attached to its quite possible legislative failure.

And so, this White House continues its campaign of words-words-words, but fewer and fewer and fewer care to listen, with a hint of fomenting contempt against this overly scripted and verbose President beginning to accumulate across America.

Perhaps it is that one thing which the Iranians and the American people wil sooner rather than later, have in common.

Hmm.. Who possibly thinks that the election was "free and fair"? Obama paid 700 million dollars for the Whitehouse so it certainly wasn't free and given the biased press and Black Panthers with billy clubs hanging out at polling places, I'm not sure we can say it was fair either :)

Does mean you should run away from this thread? No--it's designed--to give you a little history lesson the middle east--instead of thinking that because a new President was elected 6 months ago--everything is going to change for the better.

Sorry friend--I have been around way to long to know that never happens in the middle east--regardless of who the POTUS is.

Good point.

The arrogance of those posts in here mirrored the arrogance of the Obama White House regarding this issue leading up to these elections.

Obama continues to show, as someone else indicated, a dangerous naivete.

And his impotence with foreign policy mirrors his impotence with our own American economy. (that is, unless it is his desire to further weaken said economy - for which Obama must then be deemed a much greater success...)

Yes--Obama has been giving the cold shoulder to Isreal. Netenyaho--boy the tension when he met Obama at the White House was unbelievable. I don't know if you saw that look Netenyaho gave Obama but it wasn't good.

I think it was the leading up to the recent speech Obama gave to the Arab world. He probably didn't want to seem to friendly to Isreal. He needs to get real friendly with them now.

Try not to make shit up, eh? It makes you look even stupider than you normally do.

Obama successes:
- foiled somalian pirates by providing military option to Navy

Obama failures:
- North Korea launches missile, Obama says UN will take "strong action," nothing happened
- Obama shows no leadership as Pelosi damages relationship between clandestine services and elected government - he opened this can of worms by agreeing to allow for the Bush admin's lawyers to be investigated...not too smart a move...
- Obama asks Europeans to increase stimulus spending, they say "no"
- Obama asks Europeans for more NATO troops to be sent to Afghanistan, they say "no"
- Obama administration rolls over decades of past legal doctrine, destroys creditor value as it mid-wifes the Chrysler marriage to Fiat
- Obama makes speech in Egypt to "soothe" arab street, and pressures Israel to make potentially dangerous geographical sacrifices

So far, Obama hasn't accomplished a hell of a whole lot in his time in office.

Last edited:
As I have posted hear often, my impression is that The Prophet has undertaken a counter propaganda campaign. It may or may not work, whole or in part. He is in a unique position to attempt it.

The Prophet's public execution of this has been poor so far and has already caused him to lose support in the US across parties. For that reason and his apparent assumption that all these savvy, crooked, megalomaniacal savages will fall into his thrall, I believe his initiative will fail no matter how it is spun. Would love to be wrong.

What is clear is that his trip to the Middle East, his silly invitation for Iranians to celebrate the 4th of July with him - was timed during the lead up to these elections.

The Obama administration likely thought the elections were almost certain to go a different way, and thus, attempted to position the teleprompter in such a was as to make it appear he helped usher in a new era in Iran.

What has actually happened is, Obama gave a series of speeches that few paid attention to (his speeches all sound alike these days, and thus, bore the hell out of people) and the Iranians threw their support behind the more, not less, extreme anti-American candidate.

Obama failed - BIG TIME.

So its your position that the Iranian election was free and fair?
The article on the original of this thread--states that the majority for Wassawi came around the capital of Tehran--the outlying areas came in heavily for Amenajenadad.

The point is who knows? Really this is the first time in years that the younger generation in Iran has actually taken the time to vote. They have been so discouraged by the Mullahs--that they really got excited about watching the first televised debate EVER. They came out for this one, but it sure doesn't look like they were successful.

At 63% of the vote--it's going to be very difficult to prove voter fraud. If it was much closer it might be worth taking a second look at.

Last edited:
Bo has zero influence in Iranian elections.

The young people have wanted change for 50 years, the last revolution was co-opted by the religious nuts.

I said in a different thread Imadingyslob would win, it was pre ordained, anyone that follows the doings of religious fanatics knew it would be so.

It was ludicrous of Kirkybot to start that tread claiming obama was 'changing things' in the middle east, he hasn't changed a thing and won't, the ME is not a problem for the US to solve.

So now the right is so impressed with Aminadork, they believe it was a fair election. What a bunch of bullshit. They were hand counted ballots and they had the results in hours.

As to the messiah etc shit, it is only the right who uses these terms.

You lost this election. Live with it. You won with Bush and now we are still living with the disaster you voted in.

Damn, when the right supports the Ayatollahs and Amin.:cuckoo:

What about Lebanon?:eusa_whistle:

Hey Sinatra...you post an op-ed piece, then provide a link to "Protests Flare in Tehran as Opposition Disputes Vote" from the NY Time > World > Middle East section...

You don't identify the name of the author and a search using your title and numerous sentences from your article yield ZERO results...

Please provide a valid link...

Hmm.. Who possibly thinks that the election was "free and fair"? Obama paid 700 million dollars for the Whitehouse so it certainly wasn't free and given the biased press and Black Panthers with billy clubs hanging out at polling places, I'm not sure we can say it was fair either :)

Are you claiming the US election was rigged?

You can't be serious.

Let's go around the world and adjudge all elections, far or foul, as referenda on Obama.

Talk about inward-looking, narcissistic, America-centered myopic claptrap.

It is that degree of naivety that is the now-crumbling foundation of the Obama administration.

:lol:

Obama's disapproval rating is around around 28 or 29%. The same level Bush's approval rating was when he left office.

Why is it that the same people who think Obama is an abysmall failure, are also the exact same people who thought george bush was doing a great job. You voted for bush twice, you tell me why that is.

You can't be serious.

Let's go around the world and adjudge all elections, far or foul, as referenda on Obama.

Talk about inward-looking, narcissistic, America-centered myopic claptrap.

Let's take out Proper Nouns, and see if it is not you who is generally unable to percieve the world as it is, because it is too American.

It's an election year, in two country's, one has more troops in two next door countries (one literally, next door) then the rest of the world has deployed since Korea, and has spent more on a third country then most European countries have in GDP per year.

That first country has also had a "change" election in which a canidate rides into office promising change, end to corruption, ect...

The second country's Prime Minister has also made it a referendum on himself - he is famous for getting in fronT of nations C-Z denouncing country A.

Tell me, why would you think country B cares about what country A feels? Would that affect how they vote? If not, why so?

Anyhow, thanks for playing - run away now.

Forum List

Back