Iq tests mean nothing.

We may of all started out in Africa but evolution took hold and humanity branched off. All of humanity is different within one way or another as environmental forcing/climate dictated divergence within our paths.

-Europeans and northeastern Asians had to deal with the ice age.
-Africans had a slightly more favorable environment during the majority of the past 150 thousand years.

Where did you copy and paste this from? Your vocabulary usually consists of four letter words and monosyllabic phrases.

Paste the link please, then at least we will know that a credible human had the original thought.

Again, you sputter along with disassociated ramblings that make no sense! You quote one of my posts but your response is lost in ambiguity and apparent frustration. You aren't addressing anything in my post. Instead you are caught up in some wild abstraction that
befuddles even the most ardent of your supporters!
I've already let you off the hook. I was being gracious because your IQ cannot support a rational exchange. If your reach the point where you can understand your own drivel, we might be able to continue. Until then we must desist.

Yeah, Go on, CUT AND RUN... You let ME off the hook? LOL...I never was on any hook! What happened is you tried to call me out and got your arse whupped!

who is bitching about IQ tests, especially if it doesn't matter?

And posting a non-sequitur is even dumber. The least you can do is stay abreast of the. Item you are responding to. The gist of this conversation centered on the 1917 study where northern blacks outperformed southern whites on IQ tests. All you have done with the above crap is show how inattentive and lazy you are. Obviously you did not even bother to read the link...or is it an IQ problem?

1917 was the very beginning of large scale mental testing. you cannot compare the sophistication of the alpha and beta army tests with modern tests. actually I guess you could but the early tests would look very crude and somewhat ambiguous.
Is there something in the "conservative's" drinking water that makes you guys go off on a tangent when discussing critical issues? You are focusing on the quality of tests rather than the abilities of the test takers.
The results observed in 1917 between the two groups ( northern soldiers vs southern whites) would undoubtably
be the same no matter what test would have been given.

I havent been able to find out much about those early IQ tests. apparently blacks from some northern states scored higher than whites from some southern states. and jews were found to have very low IQs.

if you have some links to the actual numbers rather than just a second hand opinion by Montague that would be helpful.

why do you think that the first generation of IQ tests that gave spurious results which have not been repeated is more important or meaningful than the last 75 years of highly researched IQ testing with enormous numbers of participants? because it is the one of the very few that give results that you like?

While I do not think IQ is an indicator of future success I definitely DO BELEIVE that the 30 POINT RULE concerning the communications between people of different IQs has merit.

"Some research shows that friends and spouses have an average IQ difference of 12 points, that for IQ differences less than 20 points a reciprocal intellectual relationship is the rule, for IQ differences between 20-30 points the intellectual relationship tends to be one way, and that IQ differences greater than 30 points tend to create real barriers to communication."

Do you BELIEVE in the "I before E except after C" rule? We all make silly grammatical errors from time to time but no one jumps on it until the error maker implies that he/she is mentally superior in some way. You just became fair game when you crossed that threshold!

what an ass you are. you go all hall monitor grammer police on a poster who has repeatedly downplayed the social importance of 'IQ'! he certainly hasnt claimed any superiority on this thread. perhaps you just dont like his quote. it seems to make sense to me, and quite a few other posters found it interesting as well. you should try reading with comprehension rather than just spitting out ad homs.

Forum List

Back