Iowa deli co-owner caters for Obama visit, but his T-shirt tells another story

When you filter the context to distort the meaning of it, absolutely. You had an issue with filtering context five minutes ago funny how that doesn't apply suddenly.

"The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together."

- Barack Obama

That's a different sentence.

Is English not your first language?

Here is what Obama said, “If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen”

Somehow you read it as "The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together."

With that degree of message modulation you could turn Hitler into a rabbi

What's funny is that you unwittingly just proved that you have no idea what the context of the "you didn't build that" excerpt of Obama's speech was all about.

I doubt you've even read/heard the entire thing. The only line from the entire speech that you are probably even aware of is "If you've got a business---you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen"

You're simply spinning for your guy. Everyone knows what he said AND what he meant. What he meant was insulting to busnessmen and women.

Last edited:
Or disrespectful.
I don't care what party the President belongs to, if you are asked to cater an event for the President which is a once in a lifetime gig, you have a little more respect.
Make your political pot shots a different day.

Obama has abused the Office from day one and deserves nothing but disrespect from everyone.

Obama Flufflers and their Context Filter will tell us the polar opposite.

Speaking of context filters....

For a President to go before the people and to mock
the very people he needs to get this country going again
was the most disgusting thing I have seen done by a politician.

“If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen”

Barack Hussein Obama

I don't blame the guy at all for doing this.

Thanks for adding your usual distorted dribble, Roz.

Quoting the guy word for word is wrong? Really?
You tell me.

"We are racists, sexists, bigots, homophobes. We discriminate against people who worship differently than we do, have skin color different from ours, and we have not always behaved properly in the world. And we torture."
- Rush Limbaugh

The man owns a deli. He is a small businessman. If he showed respect for the president, that would be unusual.

Had Murty, the owner, been asked, he would have turned down the catering job. He was sandbagged by a democrat employee should should be fired by now. Should have been canned instantly.

Speaking of context filters....

Thanks for adding your usual distorted dribble, Roz.

You tell me.

"We are racists, sexists, bigots, homophobes. We discriminate against people who worship differently than we do, have skin color different from ours, and we have not always behaved properly in the world. And we torture."
- Rush Limbaugh

“If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen”

Barack Hussein Obama

If you want to take the focus off this statement what Obama said is even more outrageous
because his whole point was to ridicule business owners.I am not a business owner and I took offense to the whole speech.

This President has made it very clear how he feels about businesses...
Time we let him know how we feel about him remaining as President.

That says it all! People who actually work in the private sector, especially those with any bottom line responsibility know how repugnant Obama's remarks were and this Deli owner was clearly offended by Obama's outrageous anti-business remark. It's perfect!

In sales people are using he comments to get them in the door of small businesses today. It was perceived as an attack on small business, even many state workers that deal with small businesses thought it was an attack.

You tell me.

- Rush Limbaugh

Barack Hussein Obama

If you want to take the focus off this statement what Obama said is even more outrageous
because his whole point was to ridicule business owners.I am not a business owner and I took offense to the whole speech.

Well there is where you subconsciously expose the fact that you know you are deliberately misrepresenting what Obama said because he actually said what his point was!!!

"The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together."
- Barack Obama

That says it all! People who actually work in the private sector, especially those with any bottom line responsibility know how repugnant Obama's remarks were and this Deli owner was clearly offended by Obama's outrageous anti-business remark. It's perfect!

In sales people are using he comments to get them in the door of small businesses today. It was perceived as an attack on small business, even many state workers that deal with small businesses thought it was an attack.

At the very least, it was an insult to the hard work, risks taken, and sweat it takes to build a successful business. Even when the entire speech is listened to, even understanding what the main gist of his speech was about, it was still a slap in the face to busnessmen and women everywhere.

Or disrespectful.
I don't care what party the President belongs to, if you are asked to cater an event for the President which is a once in a lifetime gig, you have a little more respect.

He lost the privilege of being 'the President' when he called ordinary Americans 'the enemy' purely to create fear among other Americans. Disrespect? You tell your president to treat Americans with respect and maybe we'll do likewise. Until then, he can fuck off. He ain't my President.

You tell me.

- Rush Limbaugh

Barack Hussein Obama

Well there is where you subconsciously expose the fact that you know you are deliberately misrepresenting what Obama said because he actually said what his point was!!!

- Barack Obama

That would have been fine if that was all that he said. I understand what his point was and that sentence you quoted says it all. Unfortunately for him, Obama revealed his true feelings about the private sector when he said the businessmen "didn't build that". Listening to the entire speech does nothing to assuage the insult to the hard work, dedication, sacrifice, and risks that it takes to run a successful small business.

Or disrespectful.

He lost the privilege of being 'the President' when he called ordinary Americans 'the enemy' purely to create fear among other Americans. Disrespect? You tell your president to treat Americans with respect and maybe we'll do likewise. Until then, he can fuck off. He ain't my President.

I have never and will never, put the title of President before his name. I also try to remember never to capitalize the name "obama". It isn't much but it's my little contribution to the lack of respect he so richly deserves.

Or disrespectful.

Yeah... a different day when no one will be watching you anymore and no one will give a shit what you have to say anymore. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back