Interesting argument against the Ground Zero Mosque

Again:

And more:

Luke 12:49-53

I have come to set fire to the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! I have a baptism to undergo, and what constraint I am under until the ordeal is over! Do you suppose I came to establish peace on earth? No indeed, I have come to bring division. For from now on, five members of a family will be divided, three against two and two against three; father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother…

Matthew 10:21-22, 34-39

Brother will betray brother to death, and the father his child; children will turn against their parents and send them to their death. All will hate you for your allegiance to me; but the man who holds out to the end will be saved….You must not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a son’s wife against her mother-in-law; and a man will find his enemies under his own roof. No man is worthy of me who cares more for father or mother than for me; no man is worthy of me who cares for son or daughter; no man is worthy of me who does not take up his cross and walk in my footsteps. By gaining his life a man will lose it; by losing his life for my sake, he will gain it.

Jesus associated with Zealots for a reason, bub.

Again, you clearly have no idea that jebus was talking metaphorically about a conflict of spirituality.

:rofl:

So, bible scholar, care to cite the passage in which jebus gathered his army and pillaged Rome?

:lol:

Praytell, go ahead and cite scripture which indicates a conflict with his message of peace otherwise... I look forward to reading how you invalidate his command to forgive others for their trangression as you have been forgiven. Please, show me where this grand battle finale is written!

oh man.. seriously.

Oh Man Seriously.

These books were written by people who never met Jesus and compiled centuries after his death.

Historically, Jesus associated with Zealots, who were revolutionaries. To think that he completely eschewed violence is inane.

Ah yes, the malleable Jesus. A favorite of the a la carte Christians.

Because in 15803 instances since 9/11 Muslims in fact HAVE listened to such. That tells me there is OBVIOUSLY an issue. Why you deny that is beyond reason.

TheReligionofPeace - About the List of Islamic Terror Attacks

Don't be an asshole. I never denied anything.

How many Islamic terror attacks have been perpetrated by American Muslims?

off the top of my head
Fort Hood
Beltway shooter
Jewish center shooting Washington state
Mall Shooting Utah
Motor vehicle jihad South Carolina .
Beyond that 100s of arrests with convictions.

Oops, there goes that talking point that Bush kept us safe for all those years after 9/11. No terrorist attacks here after 9/11? We're fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them here?

lol

Here's the B'loney again.

You claimed he never advocated violence in any form. That is patently false.

Want me to change my post to physical violence? Because if turning over a table is the best example you got, you're obviously reaching.

of COURSE you know.. jebus was just kidding about that whole "turn the other cheek" thing..

:rolleyes:

:lol:

Jesus as warmonger. That's a revision that if successful could set off mass orgasm on the right.

There are ways to legally stop it. Or at least there were. Burial site; landmark status; eminent domain. If Rudy was mayor, he would have found a way. How about gentle persuasion, diplomacy, negotiation, etc. instead of kissing ass? Could it be that Bloomberg has no balls? Is he afraid of them?

And of course, if the media had covered it from Day 1, we most likely we wouldn't even be having this debate. Most Americans haven't forgotten 9/11. Public outcry would have made Rauf reconsider the location - in the interest of "healing" of course.

There are ways to legally stop it. Or at least there were. Burial site; landmark status; eminent domain. If Rudy was mayor, he would have found a way. How about gentle persuasion, diplomacy, negotiation, etc. instead of kissing ass? Could it be that Bloomberg has no balls? Is he afraid of them?

And of course, if the media had covered it from Day 1, we most likely we wouldn't even be having this debate. Most Americans haven't forgotten 9/11. Public outcry would have made Rauf reconsider the location - in the interest of "healing" of course.

Chanel: Trying to find ways to say "Fuck the Constitution" on this issue daily. :thup:

Grow up Modbert. We balance liberty and safety every day. And we still have respect for burial grounds. This is not a Consitutional issue. Its a zoning issue. Move the mosque. Find a way.

Grow up Modbert. We balance liberty and safety every day. And we still have respect for burial grounds. This is not a Consitutional issue. Its a zoning issue. Move the mosque. Find a way.

This is most definitely a Constitutional issue. The fact you're trying to find loopholes in order to not have the Mosque there is evidence of that. You're trying to circumvent the Constitution of the United States to forward your own agenda. Do you realize that anything you ever said about protecting the Constitution is completely full of shit?

No modbert I do not think the Constitution is a piece of shit. The Cordoba folks have every right to say "fuck you" to the people of NY. But we don't have to accept their bullshit about mending and healing relations. They should just say "fuck you" loud enough for the whole country to hear. My guess is many people haven't heard it yet.

No modbert I do not think the Constitution is a piece of shit. The Cordoba folks have every right to say "fuck you" to the people of NY. But we don't have to accept their bullshit about mending and healing relations. They should just say "fuck you" loud enough for the whole country to hear. My guess is many people haven't heard it yet.

Wat. You should probably reread my post.

the only thing the city could do to keep the mosque from being built is to declare a certain radius a historic site. or the state does that im not sure, but thats the only way in which it won't hurt anyone's liberty.

That was shot down last week by Bloombergs people. Rudy would never have let that happen. A piece of the plane landed on the building. Bone fragments have been found at the site. But Bloomberg gave the green light. He is a disgrace.

the only thing the city could do to keep the mosque from being built is to declare a certain radius a historic site. or the state does that im not sure, but thats the only way in which it won't hurt anyone's liberty.

Except if the city does do that, it's clear they are doing that because of this. So yes, it would hurt someone's liberty.

Here's a fair idea....disallow any religous buildings within the area agreed upon to not allow a muslim building. One poster here suggested Jersey...works for me...no religious structures closer than Jersey.

Please post the scripture they are following before you attribute it to "Christian behavior"

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 (King James Version)

28If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;

29Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.
Seek help ,context matters the rulings begin here.

Deuteronomy 22:13

context isn't universal or we'd not have a wide range of affiliated denominations to christianity.

dont crai! You asked for scripture and I gave it to you. YOU have no problem assuming that every muslim interprets the koran as some green light to kill so why be a fucking hypocrite when you are faced with christians who use the bible as a license to fuck children?

check mate, bitch.

Forum List

Back