New FBI headquarters will take more than a decade to build, as agency struggles with ‘obsolete’ space

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Federal buildings officials say the FBI needs a new headquarters building to replace the “obsolete” and “failing” J. Edgar Hoover (JEH) Building in downtown Washington, D.C.

But even in a best-case scenario, it’ll take more than a decade for FBI employees to relocate to a new suburban headquarters, according to the Biden administration’s latest plans.

The General Services Administration, according to a recently posted prospectus, expects to begin construction on the new FBI headquarters in 2029, and have FBI employees working out of the new space by 2036.

GSA states in its prospectus that the Hoover building is “obsolete,” and that its IT infrastructure has “reached capacity with limitations for further expansion.”

Gee, I just heard of a huge excess of office space in St. Louis they could avail themselves of......For cheap too.

The good thing is when Trump guts the agency like a fish they won't need near the room. ;)

Federal buildings officials say the FBI needs a new headquarters building to replace the “obsolete” and “failing” J. Edgar Hoover (JEH) Building in downtown Washington, D.C.

But even in a best-case scenario, it’ll take more than a decade for FBI employees to relocate to a new suburban headquarters, according to the Biden administration’s latest plans.

The General Services Administration, according to a recently posted prospectus, expects to begin construction on the new FBI headquarters in 2029, and have FBI employees working out of the new space by 2036.

GSA states in its prospectus that the Hoover building is “obsolete,” and that its IT infrastructure has “reached capacity with limitations for further expansion.”

Gee, I just heard of a huge excess of office space in St. Louis they could avail themselves of......For cheap too.

The good thing is when Trump guts the agency like a fish they won't need near the room. ;)
I wish he had gutted so many last time. Dept of ED rtc. even easy stuff, no funding PPPor NPR. Eliminate personal WH staff or diwn to one? Start dimewhere? Cut oay to those working against him? Fire so many! He did little.

I wish he had gutted so many last time. Dept of ED rtc. even easy stuff, no funding PPPor NPR. Eliminate personal WH staff or diwn to one? Start dimewhere? Cut oay to those working against him? Fire so many! He did little.
I'm thinking that Trump is done listening to RINOs like The Turtle and that's why so many of the people that The Turtle suggested he bring in the first time are so pissed at him for not letting them sit at the table the next-go round.....They hate being out of power.

Time will tell of course but I hope he hires Viv as "gutting czar" as he actually has a plan to reduce the offending agencies by RIF (reduction in force). The good thing about RIF is that there is shit all the agencies can do about it one RIF orders go out.....You just have to know how things work.

Last edited:

Trump could always lease them a building with some office space in one of his NYC buildings.

They could call it the "Donald J. Trump FBI Center."

Once Trump cleans house at the FBI, it would be very sensible to locate the FBI far away from Democrat infested DC.

Forum List

Back