Inaugural benediction: Pray that “white will embrace what is right”

Those lines were taken from a song during the Civil Rights era of the 60's. It goes like this...ifing you brown....stick around....if your black get back. I don't think it was appropriate here. If whites had not embraced right then Obama would still be in Hawaii. One thing I don't understand is why so many black people identify with Obama when his ancestors were never slaves. Dragging up the past on such a momentous day and great leap forward in race relations in this country was a bad call. JMHO
I think the point he was trying to make is that time is now. Not a bad message, but everyone seems to have their panties in a twist over it.

Then please explain how blacks got civil rights since they were and still are a minority? If large numbers of whites didn't support civil rights, there would still be Jim Crow laws.

How many white people marched with MLK? Not many.

History means nohting to hese people.

This whole Bushian attitude that they can do no wrong and should never have to hear someone who they dont identify with ever say anything about their "culture".

Slavery was perpetrated by white people on black people by the most part. They refuse to ever let anyone acknowledge this without pitching a fit. Then they wonder why race realtions have been tense for so many years.

Only in this and other European countries was slavery perpetrated by whites against blacks. Blacks in Africa sold slaves and still sell them today. Blacks in America also OWNED slaves when slavery was legal.

Again, if you see two people walking down the street, one American white and on American black, the changes are far greater that the black is descended from slaver owners than that the white person is.

I think the point he was trying to make is that time is now. Not a bad message, but everyone seems to have their panties in a twist over it.

The time to do WHAT is now ? WTF do blacks want ?
I have every intention of giving Obama a fair shake but if these constant accusations of racism persist that may change.

pocket of the mafia? you've been spending time with eots, huh?

:lol: No.

Go ahead and read The Outfit by Gus Russo.

It's a great book about the Chicago Mafia and their influence on everything from Unions, The White House, Hollywood, Las Vegas,etc.

A good list of Presidents were involved with the mafia in some way.

JFK being the most famous (though recently the FBI has released tapes of a mobster admitting he had JFK shot).

Others include FDR, Truman as listed before, LBJ, Nixon, and I believe even Reagan was mentioned.

that's because he did a really shitty job expressing it.

swap black for white in that quotation and tell me how it sounds to you.

History means nohting to hese people.

This whole Bushian attitude that they can do no wrong and should never have to hear someone who they dont identify with ever say anything about their "culture".

Slavery was perpetrated by white people on black people by the most part. They refuse to ever let anyone acknowledge this without pitching a fit. Then they wonder why race realtions have been tense for so many years.

One thing that people ignore in this country is that slavery is not uniquely a black experience. It has been a part of mans history from the start of civilization. It was common in the ancient world that when you conquered a nation you enslaved the people. When the Romans conquered the Greeks they enslaved them. The Egyptians (Some were black Africans) enslaved the Jews.

Do any of you know the history of Liberia? It was started by white industrialists to proved a home for the Freedmen. Guess what those Freedmen did when the got to Africa? They enslaved the local population and setup plantations just like they were use to in the Old South.

If Obama does anything I hope he helps us move on and not hold on to the past. We must not forget the past but we must move on.

Only in this and other European countries was slavery perpetrated by whites against blacks. Blacks in Africa sold slaves and still sell them today. Blacks in America also OWNED slaves when slavery was legal.

Again, if you see two people walking down the street, one American white and on American black, the changes are far greater that the black is descended from slaver owners than that the white person is.

The speaker was talking about THIS country. Why is it taboo to talk about this in you peoples minds.

IT IS WHY IT HAS TAKEN US SO LONG TO RECOVER FROM THIS HISTORY

The time to do WHAT is now ? WTF do blacks want ?
I have every intention of giving Obama a fair shake but if these constant accusations of racism persist that may change.
sigh...he was reciting a civil rights era poem, that when blah de blah de dah happened then things would be good. Well, blah de blah de dah happened...so things are good.

that's because he did a really shitty job expressing it.

swap black for white in that quotation and tell me how it sounds to you.
Prolly, but perhaps if you were a civil rights marcher you would have gotten the reference.

I think you guys are making waaaaaaay too much of a thing over it.

Prolly, but perhaps if you were a civil rights marcher you would have gotten the reference.

I think you guys are making waaaaaaay too much of a thing over it.

and your opinion is like gold around here--do you and TM do tag team debates ? :lol:

Forum List

Back