Inauguration Ad Nauseum..how Much Barrack Is Too Much Barrack

I do you belive the Obama love feast will last that long ???
you could be right they might stall the complete collapse of the dollar that long or keep them believing he is going to end the war..but then what..

Hillary.

I do you belive the Obama love feast will last that long ???
you could be right they might stall the complete collapse of the dollar that long or keep them believing he is going to end the war..but then what..

The reality is that the media love-fest and the expectations of the left have set an impossible standard for Obama to ever hope to meet.

The stimulus will simply do NOTHING for the economy, but at least we'll get some badly needed bridge, highway and sewer repair out of it. It's basically 5X to small to have an impact.

There will be no health care reform of any kind. All the money needed to do it has been spent in the bailouts and stimulus.

The Bush tax cuts will remain, and there will be even more corporate tax cuts to further stimulate things.

There will be no accelerated withdrawal from Iraq and many will be simply redeployed to Afghanistan.

The man will have NO practical, direct impact on anything, mostly because the reality of the budget process, the political process and the realities on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan and elsewhere will prevent it.

What he can do, and all any President can really do (they are not much more than figureheads these days with most of their original power neutered) is affect national attitude. Which is what he seems to excel in much as Roosevelt did in the 1930's. Roosevelt's policies did little to actually fix the Depression, but it made us feel better about ourselves. And that's the key to recovery, CONFIDENCE. Build some of that, and we will fix, for ourselves, what government is powerless to do.

The short time I watched msm yesterday and today, I'd honestly say what is going on is the "masturbation" of BHO ..... Keith Obermann and Chis Quiverleg are in the throes of orgasmic convulsions as we speak...

But ..........

I put the TV coverage to good use....I'm catching up on re-runs of I Love Lucy, Mayberry RFD, and The Twilight Zone for starters....if I tire of them, then I'll watch a few hours of ICarly in place of the "masturbation" of BHO .....

At least I didn't waste any of my valuable time

The short time I watched msm yesterday and today, I'd honestly say what is going on is the "masturbation" of BHO ..... Keith Obermann and Chis Quiverleg are in the throes of orgasmic convulsions as we speak...

But ..........

I put the TV coverage to good use....I'm catching up on re-runs of I Love Lucy, Mayberry RFD, and The Twilight Zone for starters....if I tire of them, then I'll watch a few hours of ICarly in place of the "masturbation" of BHO .....

At least I didn't waste any of my valuable time

I rec'd Young Riders,The Pretender,Starsky and Hutch,Charmed,The Highlander AND The Hardy Boys for christmas from family. I'll be watching those, and if I happen run out of episodes before the "masterbation" is over I will splurge and go buy Monk and Quincy. :tongue:

Forum List

Back