In Between Trials

This just in. I heard on the radio that the jury found "Doc" guilty. Greedy daughter cheered when she heard the verdict.

I'll post a link when I get back to my tower.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

PROVO, Utah (AP) — A jury convicted a doctor of murder early Saturday in the death of his wife six years ago, bringing an end to a trial that became the nation’s latest true-crime cable TV obsession with its tales of jailhouse snitches, forced plastic surgery, philandering and betrayal.
Martin MacNeill was accused of knocking out Michele MacNeill with drugs after cosmetic surgery, then leaving her to die in a tub like one that was displayed during the trial.
Prosecutors asserted that he may have held her underwater for good measure and that he did it to take up a new life with another woman.
Michele MacNeill’s daughters and other relatives let out a loud yelp before dissolving in tears as the jury delivered its verdict to the tense, packed courtroom.
“We’re just so happy he can’t hurt anyone else,” said Alexis Somers, one of his older daughters.

Jury finds Utah doctor guilty in wife?s death | WildAboutTrial

This just in. I heard on the radio that the jury found "Doc" guilty. Greedy daughter cheered when she heard the verdict.

I'll post a link when I get back to my tower.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Thank you for that update! I haven't even had time to sit down long enough to think about that trial today. :lol:

Any good trials coming up?

I'm still waiting for Andrea Sneiderman: jury selection on 7/29.

Open to any others that are upcoming or in progress...

Andrea Sneiderman Guilty: Ga. woman convicted on 9 of 13 counts in perjury trial stemming from husband's murder case - CBS News

EMILYNGHIEM:
If she had Robert Durst's attorney, they could have admitted she lied but explained it was under duress due to mental disability or instability. Instead of denying she lied altogether, blame it on a personality disorder and try to get leniency that way by agreeing to counseling and treatment.

===========
I hadn't read of this case before, and posted the comment above.
You can tell I've read other cases and seen how the lawyers get around the sentencing.
Blame the mental illness, try to show the person is repentant and has ability to change, and try to get sympathy of the jury, that they deserve a chance and not to be punished for a mistake due to their disability they are willing to work with professionals to overcome.

What we REALLY need is a system of not only screening people in advance for early diagnosis and intervention,
but additional legislation that requires people to get screening and help for criminal illness,
and/or any people enabling them to endanger others is required to report this to authorities or else is partially liable for damages caused.

We don't let people with AIDS run around raping people or having sex without informing partners
or else it is attempt at deadly assault. So why not with dangerous drug or criminal addictions, why isn't there a health and safety code requiring dangerous risks to be reported in advance for screening?

Last edited:
Any good trials coming up?

the loud music trial is about to get underway

Opening is tomorrow!

HLN is reporting that Dunn's attorney's are not going to use the 'stand your ground' defense. In my opinion, that's a smart move, since this case is clearly not a 'stand your ground' incident.

Last edited:
It's the return of John "Rubber Doll" Guy. :woohoo:

But if that loud clicking noise keeps happening, I'll probably stop watching. :mad:

My ObamaFoam's name.... is "Toby". :whip:

It's the return of John "Rubber Doll" Guy. :woohoo:

But if that loud clicking noise keeps happening, I'll probably stop watching. :mad:

My ObamaFoam's name.... is "Toby". :whip:

What is that noise? Could it be a time stamp on the live feed as it's recording?

Sounds like another drama filled trial. All the kids in the suv had a cell phone, but none called 911? One was a lifeguard, but didn't attempt cpr? One was talking to someone on his phone, but never asked for help? None of them were screaming or upset - as told by witnesses?

Angela Corey is actually going to question the witnesses for the state during this trial? I guess she doesn't trust her 'boys' to do the job.

Angela Corey is actually going to question the witnesses for the state during this trial? I guess she doesn't trust her 'boys' to do the job.

Really?? :cuckoo:

I had to pause to give Mrs Rat her meds, so I'm still at the part about them letting a lifeguard do CPR instead of the cops.
:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back