In Between Trials

Sounds like another drama filled trial. All the kids in the suv had a cell phone, but none called 911? One was a lifeguard, but didn't attempt cpr? One was talking to someone on his phone, but never asked for help? None of them were screaming or upset - as told by witnesses?

it is not looking too good for dunn

the state has a better then average chance

of 1st degree murder

two witnesses today

one of which has to be dunn

or i bet the jury will not be instructed to consider self defense

Dunn is going to take the stand

it is the only chance

to give any self defense claim

Angie is going to finally get her chance at a "gotcha" moment.

But will she blow it?? :dunno:

i dont know how she could

there has not been one shred of evidence

to a self defense claim

in other words he has to take the stand

to claim self defense

she was very clever in this case i admit

by not putting any police video or other

to give dunn the self defense claim with out testifying

unlike the zimmerman case when the state poured in hours of

video

Dunn is going to take the stand

it is the only chance

to give any self defense claim

Angie is going to finally get her chance at a "gotcha" moment.

But will she blow it?? :dunno:

i dont know how she could

there has not been one shred of evidence

to a self defense claim

in other words he has to take the stand

to claim self defense

she was very clever in this case i admit

by not putting any police video or other

to give dunn the self defense claim with out testifying

unlike the zimmerman case when the state poured in hours of

video

I know that Dunn is done. He has no chance of a not guilty verdict.

But Angie has a chance to get him to say something that really buries himself. Can she rise to the challenge?? :dunno:

I'm worried about prosecuting it as 1st degree murder. Seems more like 2nd, yet if the jury is asked to limit their deliberations of whether it was 1st degree, they might well aquit because of how rigidly defined 1st degree murder usually is. In other words, they might agree it's 2nd degree, but if they're not allowed to address that and are limited to whether it was 1st degree or not, they might be stuck having to aquit. Whereas a 2nd degree charge would be quickly and easily convicted.

Angie made a huge mistake letting John Guy question Dunn. He's giving Dunn too many chances to get the jury on his side. And they are also seeing Guy bullying and badgering Dunn.

I'm worried about prosecuting it as 1st degree murder. Seems more like 2nd, yet if the jury is asked to limit their deliberations of whether it was 1st degree, they might well aquit because of how rigidly defined 1st degree murder usually is. In other words, they might agree it's 2nd degree, but if they're not allowed to address that and are limited to whether it was 1st degree or not, they might be stuck having to aquit. Whereas a 2nd degree charge would be quickly and easily convicted.

Another concern is what if the Prosecutor wants him to get off by making it a straight up or down 1st degree murder charge when it is in fact 2nd degree? If the jury can't say "it wasn't 1st degree, but we do convict him on 2nd degree" it might be a deliberate strategy on the part of a racist municipality to ensure white defendents get off after these incidents by prosecuting it as a too-serious offense type of thing.

Worth noting the retired police captain also in Florida isn't being charged with 1st degree murder in a very similar shooting death but involving a white defendent. He's being charged with 2nd degree murder.

"A judge refused bond today for Curtis Reeves, the retired police captain charged with second-degree murder in the shooting of a father in a Florida movie theater, after grainy surveillance footage of the altercation was shown in court."

Both shootings involved verbal altercations which escalating into the shootings, yet one victim is black, and the other's white. Both shooters are white. By limiting the charge to 1st degree mruder when it's more akin to 2nd degree, racist Prosecutors might be trying to force an aquittal since it obviously wasn't 1st degree.

Last edited:
RE:These people who cheat on the spouse or even murder the spouse and then marry the one they cheated with. Were I the new spouse, I would constantly be looking over my shoulder knowing sooner or later it might happen to me as well.

I hope they get the goods on this evil woman and lock her up for the rest of her life. I watched Hemi's trial and thought she was disgusting.

I hope you know that cheating is not interchangeable with being a murderer.

this case is good one to make 1st degree murder stick

there are a bunch of other charges as well

however we will not know until the instructions to the jury are given

possibly today

it is interesting that the jury asked to see

the whole video not just the parts where the shots can be heard

“hit a wall for tonight.”-the dunn jury

resumes again Saturday morning

This afternoon, they asked if they had to give a verdict on all 5 counts, or if they can only give 4 and hang on the last one.

I wonder which charge they're hanging on?

yeah i dont know

they may agree on the 3 attempted murders and the firing missiles into a vehicle

“hit a wall for tonight.”-the dunn jury

resumes again Saturday morning

This afternoon, they asked if they had to give a verdict on all 5 counts, or if they can only give 4 and hang on the last one.

yeah i dont know

they may agree on the 3 attempted murders and the firing missiles into a vehicle

Yeah, that's what I think too.

If they hang on the murder charge, I wonder if Angie and Doll Guy will handle the retrial, or if they'll pick somebody more competent?

yeah i dont know

Yeah, that's what I think too.

If they hang on the murder charge, I wonder if Angie and Doll Guy will handle the retrial, or if they'll pick somebody more competent?

guy will remain on so he can yell at the jury some more

Forum List

Back