Impeachment Does Not Require a Crime

I agree with the OP ... the House can impeach, and Senate remove from office, for any reason they want to ... it's one of the "checks and balances" built into our constitution ...

My reasoning is that this is a strictly political process, not a judicial one ... to my knowledge, there has never be a case of removal from office accepted by the Federal District Courts ... however, my knowledge is quite limited, so if someone has a reference to an actual court case accepted, I'd be more than happy to read it; and if true, rescind my claims in this post ...

No evidence, no proof, no nothing ... just 2/3's the Senate is all ...

You will notice the Rumpsters are a bit quiet right now. Their Handlers are all in the crap houses confurring on their computers trying to come up with a response that won't quite sound as fruitcakey. Of course, they won't come up with anything so they will just come up with something stupid. But it'll take then a bit to dome up with it.
You are full of shit...Once again I am gladly a Rumpster that keeps winning, while dolts like you are losers and keep losing. So take your bullshit and shove it up where the sun dont shine, dimwad...

Impeachment does not require a crime and Hamilton said as much.

See: Op-Ed: Alexander Hamilton would have led the charge to oust Donald Trump

‘Trumpers will get their way and Trump will be exonerated.

‘But when the next president debases the constitution and abuses his office like Trump, they can look back today who they supported.

Unlike Trumpers if the next president is a democrat and acts like Trump and debases the constitution and abuses his office just like Trump, I will not be a good cultist like the Trumpist, but will stand up for what is right.

Going on the definition of high crimes and misdemeanors:

’The convention adopted “high crimes and misdemeanors” with little discussion. Most of the framers knew the phrase well. Since 1386, the English parliament had used “high crimes and misdemeanors” as one of the grounds to impeach officials of the crown. Officials accused of “high crimes and misdemeanors” were accused of offenses as varied as misappropriating government funds, appointing unfit subordinates, not prosecuting cases, not spending money allocated by Parliament, promoting themselves ahead of more deserving candidates, threatening a grand jury, disobeying an order from Parliament, arresting a man to keep him from running for Parliament, losing a ship by neglecting to moor it, helping “suppress petitions to the King to call a Parliament,” granting warrants without cause, and bribery. Some of these charges were crimes. Others were not. The one common denominator in all these accusations was that the official had somehow abused the power of his office and was unfit to serve.“

https://www.crf-usa.org/impeachment/high-crimes-and-misdemeanors.htm

Abuse of power , among other offense, were considered as impeachable.

The Trumpers puts Trump before the constitution like Putin is above his constitution. Two peas in a pod.
Sorry, but your post reads like a bit of sour grapes....You'd be more credible if you would just admit that house dems put together a rushed, weak case, that they now demand the Senate do their jobs, and call witnesses they wouldn't...But, I know you won't do that...

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

‘But when the next president debases the constitution and abuses his office like Trump, they can look back today who they supported.

Unlike Trumpers if the next president is a democrat and acts like Trump and debases the constitution and abuses his office just like Trump, I will not be a good cultist like the Trumpist, but will stand up for what is right.

’The convention adopted “high crimes and misdemeanors” with little discussion. Most of the framers knew the phrase well. Since 1386, the English parliament had used “high crimes and misdemeanors” as one of the grounds to impeach officials of the crown. Officials accused of “high crimes and misdemeanors” were accused of offenses as varied as misappropriating government funds, appointing unfit subordinates, not prosecuting cases, not spending money allocated by Parliament, promoting themselves ahead of more deserving candidates, threatening a grand jury, disobeying an order from Parliament, arresting a man to keep him from running for Parliament, losing a ship by neglecting to moor it, helping “suppress petitions to the King to call a Parliament,” granting warrants without cause, and bribery. Some of these charges were crimes. Others were not. The one common denominator in all these accusations was that the official had somehow abused the power of his office and was unfit to serve.“

The Trumpers puts Trump before the constitution like Putin is above his constitution. Two peas in a pod.
Sorry, but your post reads like a bit of sour grapes....You'd be more credible if you would just admit that house dems put together a rushed, weak case, that they now demand the Senate do their jobs, and call witnesses they wouldn't...But, I know you won't do that...

What was weak about it?
The LIVE presser where Mick Mulvaney tells the press corp that "that's the way we do it, get over it" when asked about quid pro quo?
Where Trump tells the press before he gets on Marine One that China should get involved in investigating Biden, too?
John Bolton telling everybody he won't get involved in Trump's "drug deal"?
Sondland reversing himself and admitting that "everyone knew" AFTER he got caught lying to Congress the first time?
Not to mention the other 16 witnesses who came forward and stood up to your douchebag POTUS.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
[

My initial post remains true. I have no doubt that Trump will be acquitted. That is a foregone conclusion. I am looking at the ramifications. A president now can give congress the middle finger in impeachment proceedings in complying with subpoenas and then tell his staff not to cooperate with Congress, and there is not a damn thing they can do about it. Yeah, go to court and then have the courts bounce it around for four or five years. You can keep these issues in courts for decades by appealing every order. This check on the executive branch will now fall into irrelevancy.

That is what you want. Well that is what you will have.

I'm a Democrat strategist ...

I have 23 Republican Senators I want to keep in Washington DC until after the election ...

I'd have the House just keep sending bogus impeachments to the Senate ... just send the exact same ones, nothing in the Constitution allows for the President to be exonerated with this procedure ...

I'm a Democrat strategist ...

I have 23 Republican Senators I want to keep in Washington DC until after the election ...

I'd have the House just keep sending bogus impeachments to the Senate ... just send the exact same ones, nothing in the Constitution allows for the President to be exonerated with this procedure ...

theres plenty of articles left on the table for the dems to use going forward - me thinks theres some serious corroboration of tapes and documents going on right now.

Does it require evidence?
Ok so according to the Demorats; Impeachment does not require a crime and since there is no crime it does not require any evidence. Just the fact that the accused hurt someone's feelings is enough.

Not according to democrats according to the law, better study up on that one.

It requires no "evidence"?
Well the way the dems see it,, there is no crime so you don;t expect to have evidence that something did not happen

The title speaks for itself. Abuse of power is an impeachable offense. trumps impeachment is constitutionally correct.

Presidential Impeachment: The Legal Standard and Procedure - FindLaw
You are quite right, impeachment can be anything that the Congress deems impeachable. Problem for idiots like you, is that once the impeachment is processed it goes to the Senate where sane people are in charge, and put down all the crazy shit that the left presented....You are a dumbass.
I dont agree with that premise "anything congress seems impeachable".

Let's put it like this, if trump wins again, but the senate goes to the dems, trump will be impeached again, and he will be removed.

Even if the Senate goes to the Dems they need 67 votes to remove. Not likely to happen
Yes, but my point was, we dont need this precedent being established. It could lead to less savory times in the years ahead.

Unfortunately, pandora box is already open. If trump is acquitted, then next time dem holds the presidency, and comes into this situation, then people can look back and say "see, repubs got away with it, so you cant impeach the dem president".

If he is removed, then it opens the door for any congress to remove a president at their whim, and it means congress can hold power over the executive branch, via threat of impeachment.

This is simply a bad situation we find ourselves in and it could be bad for the future.

The way I see it, if trump is truly innocent and he has nothing to hide, then he needs these witnesses and documents to come out. He needs to prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that he has done nothing wrong, and put this precedent to bed.

If he is guilty of conspiring with a foreign government, then he needs to be removed. I dont buy the obstruction accusation as I believe there is a procedure for dealing with refused subpoenas, and the dems didnt do it. Each of the 3 coequal branches of government cannot be forced by the other, they can be challenged, and that challenge needs to go to court.

Had the house done that, there is a good chance they would have won, but they didnt, and here we are.

trump had taken everything to the courts where they are still awaiting decisions. The democrats taking this to court allows trump to run out the clock with no accountability. You cannot impeach a president without cause and the threat of impeachment is inherent with the job. The democrats took the best course of action. They have put the violations in front of us, the American people. Trump can be acquitted but the final judgment is by us In the upcoming election. Had democrats taken this to court we would not get to see the extent of trumps wrongdoings.

Yes......defending your self is obstructing justice....that is what the democrats believe....

Defending yourself from a now proven illegal investigation of a non-crime based on proven known, debunked lies, no less.

Hillary and Obama will go down in history as the 2 who initiated the 'Russian Collusuon Delusion' and the Illegal Spying on of Trump & his team...
The investigation was not illegal and crimes were shown.

The title speaks for itself. Abuse of power is an impeachable offense. trumps impeachment is constitutionally correct.

Presidential Impeachment: The Legal Standard and Procedure - FindLaw
You are quite right, impeachment can be anything that the Congress deems impeachable. Problem for idiots like you, is that once the impeachment is processed it goes to the Senate where sane people are in charge, and put down all the crazy shit that the left presented....You are a dumbass.
I dont agree with that premise "anything congress seems impeachable".

Let's put it like this, if trump wins again, but the senate goes to the dems, trump will be impeached again, and he will be removed.

Even if the Senate goes to the Dems they need 67 votes to remove. Not likely to happen
Yes, but my point was, we dont need this precedent being established. It could lead to less savory times in the years ahead.

Unfortunately, pandora box is already open. If trump is acquitted, then next time dem holds the presidency, and comes into this situation, then people can look back and say "see, repubs got away with it, so you cant impeach the dem president".

If he is removed, then it opens the door for any congress to remove a president at their whim, and it means congress can hold power over the executive branch, via threat of impeachment.

This is simply a bad situation we find ourselves in and it could be bad for the future.

The way I see it, if trump is truly innocent and he has nothing to hide, then he needs these witnesses and documents to come out. He needs to prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that he has done nothing wrong, and put this precedent to bed.

If he is guilty of conspiring with a foreign government, then he needs to be removed. I dont buy the obstruction accusation as I believe there is a procedure for dealing with refused subpoenas, and the dems didnt do it. Each of the 3 coequal branches of government cannot be forced by the other, they can be challenged, and that challenge needs to go to court.

Had the house done that, there is a good chance they would have won, but they didnt, and here we are.

trump had taken everything to the courts where they are still awaiting decisions. The democrats taking this to court allows trump to run out the clock with no accountability. You cannot impeach a president without cause and the threat of impeachment is inherent with the job. The democrats took the best course of action. They have put the violations in front of us, the American people. Trump can be acquitted but the final judgment is by us In the upcoming election. Had democrats taken this to court we would not get to see the extent of trumps wrongdoings.
And we still have not seen the any wrong doings by the President, The only evil that has shown its face is the lying by the dems

Forum List

Back