Impeachment Does Not Require a Crime

The title speaks for itself. Abuse of power is an impeachable offense. trumps impeachment is constitutionally correct.

Presidential Impeachment: The Legal Standard and Procedure - FindLaw
You are quite right, impeachment can be anything that the Congress deems impeachable. Problem for idiots like you, is that once the impeachment is processed it goes to the Senate where sane people are in charge, and put down all the crazy shit that the left presented....You are a dumbass.
I dont agree with that premise "anything congress seems impeachable".

Let's put it like this, if trump wins again, but the senate goes to the dems, trump will be impeached again, and he will be removed.

Even if the Senate goes to the Dems they need 67 votes to remove. Not likely to happen
Yes, but my point was, we dont need this precedent being established. It could lead to less savory times in the years ahead.

Unfortunately, pandora box is already open. If trump is acquitted, then next time dem holds the presidency, and comes into this situation, then people can look back and say "see, repubs got away with it, so you cant impeach the dem president".

If he is removed, then it opens the door for any congress to remove a president at their whim, and it means congress can hold power over the executive branch, via threat of impeachment.

This is simply a bad situation we find ourselves in and it could be bad for the future.

The way I see it, if trump is truly innocent and he has nothing to hide, then he needs these witnesses and documents to come out. He needs to prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that he has done nothing wrong, and put this precedent to bed.

If he is guilty of conspiring with a foreign government, then he needs to be removed. I dont buy the obstruction accusation as I believe there is a procedure for dealing with refused subpoenas, and the dems didnt do it. Each of the 3 coequal branches of government cannot be forced by the other, they can be challenged, and that challenge needs to go to court.

Had the house done that, there is a good chance they would have won, but they didnt, and here we are.

The way I see it, if trump is truly innocent and he has nothing to hide, then he needs these witnesses and documents to come out.

Yeah......in our system of government, it is up to the government to prove it's case....not the victim of the government prosecution....
and THAT is why the president cant deny the subpoenas and subpoenaed witnesses...by claiming some false right of Absolute Immunity for all of his people...otherwise he is obstructing justice, from being obtained and it puts the presidency above the law, and defies and nullifies the Congress's constitutional power to Impeach

Impeachment does not require a crime and Hamilton said as much.

See: Op-Ed: Alexander Hamilton would have led the charge to oust Donald Trump

‘Trumpers will get their way and Trump will be exonerated.

‘But when the next president debases the constitution and abuses his office like Trump, they can look back today who they supported.

Unlike Trumpers if the next president is a democrat and acts like Trump and debases the constitution and abuses his office just like Trump, I will not be a good cultist like the Trumpist, but will stand up for what is right.

Going on the definition of high crimes and misdemeanors:

’The convention adopted “high crimes and misdemeanors” with little discussion. Most of the framers knew the phrase well. Since 1386, the English parliament had used “high crimes and misdemeanors” as one of the grounds to impeach officials of the crown. Officials accused of “high crimes and misdemeanors” were accused of offenses as varied as misappropriating government funds, appointing unfit subordinates, not prosecuting cases, not spending money allocated by Parliament, promoting themselves ahead of more deserving candidates, threatening a grand jury, disobeying an order from Parliament, arresting a man to keep him from running for Parliament, losing a ship by neglecting to moor it, helping “suppress petitions to the King to call a Parliament,” granting warrants without cause, and bribery. Some of these charges were crimes. Others were not. The one common denominator in all these accusations was that the official had somehow abused the power of his office and was unfit to serve.“

https://www.crf-usa.org/impeachment/high-crimes-and-misdemeanors.htm

Abuse of power , among other offense, were considered as impeachable.

The Trumpers puts Trump before the constitution like Putin is above his constitution. Two peas in a pod.

Stop with the doom and gloom that our democracy is destroyed because the GOP senate acquitted Trump for bullshit charges. Every impeachment is based on a unique set of facts. The democrats pushed a bad impeachment case and got clobbered. It got shoved up their asses sideways.
1. Article-1 is dead because hearsay is not allowed in the senate like it was in the House, and Dershowitz will also prove that the charge doesn't rise to the level needed for impeachment. That is a very high bar.
2. Article-2 is dead because the USSC said that Trump does have due process rights, and that Trump can take House subpoenas to court, as well as claims of "executive privilege".

What the half-baked democrat impeachment against Trump did do was setup every president for impeachment by the House for nonsensical "crimes".

Even an old hand at commie watching like me can still be stunned by their actions and the shallowness of the serfs that serve them.
To impeach a president for asking for judicial review? Stunning.
To claim, on the floor of the Senate, that the voters can not be trusted. Stunning.

Yes......defending your self is obstructing justice....that is what the democrats believe....

It was the working theory behind communist show trials. If you defended yourself you had not been rehabilitated obviously.

After the USSR collapsed it was discovered in 1991 that the New York Times had been lying about and covering up the tortures and intimidations in the Moscow show trials. They had been telling Americans the trials were fair and reasonable.

Figures. The New York media has always been communist.

Walter Duranty - Wikipedia

Yes......defending your self is obstructing justice....that is what the democrats believe....

Defending yourself from a now proven illegal investigation of a non-crime based on proven known, debunked lies, no less.

Hillary and Obama will go down in history as the 2 who initiated the 'Russian Collusuon Delusion' and the Illegal Spying on of Trump & his team...

This is the greatest political scandal of our history....and the dumb, democrat journalists can't see it or don't care......

obama will go down in history as both incompetent, and corrupt.....the guy who green lighted the use of the federal government to spy on and attack the opposing political party......a vile human being if ever there was one....

The title speaks for itself. Abuse of power is an impeachable offense. trumps impeachment is constitutionally correct.

Presidential Impeachment: The Legal Standard and Procedure - FindLaw
You are quite right, impeachment can be anything that the Congress deems impeachable. Problem for idiots like you, is that once the impeachment is processed it goes to the Senate where sane people are in charge, and put down all the crazy shit that the left presented....You are a dumbass.

Let's put it like this, if trump wins again, but the senate goes to the dems, trump will be impeached again, and he will be removed.

Even if the Senate goes to the Dems they need 67 votes to remove. Not likely to happen
Yes, but my point was, we dont need this precedent being established. It could lead to less savory times in the years ahead.

Unfortunately, pandora box is already open. If trump is acquitted, then next time dem holds the presidency, and comes into this situation, then people can look back and say "see, repubs got away with it, so you cant impeach the dem president".

If he is removed, then it opens the door for any congress to remove a president at their whim, and it means congress can hold power over the executive branch, via threat of impeachment.

This is simply a bad situation we find ourselves in and it could be bad for the future.

The way I see it, if trump is truly innocent and he has nothing to hide, then he needs these witnesses and documents to come out. He needs to prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that he has done nothing wrong, and put this precedent to bed.

If he is guilty of conspiring with a foreign government, then he needs to be removed. I dont buy the obstruction accusation as I believe there is a procedure for dealing with refused subpoenas, and the dems didnt do it. Each of the 3 coequal branches of government cannot be forced by the other, they can be challenged, and that challenge needs to go to court.

Had the house done that, there is a good chance they would have won, but they didnt, and here we are.

The way I see it, if trump is truly innocent and he has nothing to hide, then he needs these witnesses and documents to come out.

Yeah......in our system of government, it is up to the government to prove it's case....not the victim of the government prosecution....

NAME ONE TRIAL WHERE THE DEFENDANT'S LAWYERS REFUSE TO PRESENT EXCULPATORY EVIDENCE TO CLEAR THEIR CLIENT -

Defense rests- I refuse to prove my client innocent.

uh huh, suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure. Every day, three times a day.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

NAME ONE TRIAL WHERE THE DEFENDANT'S LAWYERS REFUSE TO PRESENT EXCULPATORY EVIDENCE TO CLEAR THEIR CLIENT -

They weren't allowed witnesses in the House....and those who did testify were made to be quiet by schiff at various points in the questioning.

The President's lawyers....you dumb asshat......spent two hours presenting their case......they destroyed schiff and the fake allegations.....

They weren't allowed witnesses in the House....and those who did testify were made to be quiet by schiff at various points in the questioning.

The President's lawyers....you dumb asshat......spent two hours presenting their case......they destroyed schiff and the fake allegations.....

who didnt allow witnesses in the house ?

is Pelosi going to file EP to keep Bolton off the stand ?

the fumbduck trumpbots crack me f'n up

Then, you will have no problem with impeachment proceedings against the next Democrat to hold the office starting within hours of his inauguration?

Hmm. I don't remember the House bringing up impeachment right after Trump was elected. Probably because Republicans controlled the House. Sure you always had the fringe on the Dem party side calling for that...but Nancy was there to squash them...even after the Russia investigation concluded, Nancy said no. Until Trump just couldn't stop his inner stupid from coming out and she had no choice.

So if any future Dem President solicits a foreign power to intervene in our election on their behalf, yep, I'm up for the same treatment. But it has to rise to the level of what Trump did (and we know he'll be acquitted), not the eight years of crap the Republicans threw against the wall when Obama was president.

are you claiming some representatives haven't been pushing for his impeachment since he took office?

Rep. Green says impeachment began when Trump "was running for office"
So are you saying Trump can commit any violation of the Constitution or commit every crime because one guy said something stupid?

No

I'm saying, and backing it up, that some have been pushing to remove Trump from office since he took it.
There were some stupid remarks made by Democrats early on, I will give you that.

No they've actually had 3-4 other impeachment votes since the commies took the house, the current one is the only one that passed.

Hmm. I don't remember the House bringing up impeachment right after Trump was elected. Probably because Republicans controlled the House. Sure you always had the fringe on the Dem party side calling for that...but Nancy was there to squash them...even after the Russia investigation concluded, Nancy said no. Until Trump just couldn't stop his inner stupid from coming out and she had no choice.

So if any future Dem President solicits a foreign power to intervene in our election on their behalf, yep, I'm up for the same treatment. But it has to rise to the level of what Trump did (and we know he'll be acquitted), not the eight years of crap the Republicans threw against the wall when Obama was president.

are you claiming some representatives haven't been pushing for his impeachment since he took office?

So are you saying Trump can commit any violation of the Constitution or commit every crime because one guy said something stupid?

No

I'm saying, and backing it up, that some have been pushing to remove Trump from office since he took it.
There were some stupid remarks made by Democrats early on, I will give you that.

No they've actually had 3-4 other impeachment votes since the commies took the house, the current one is the only one that passed.

Me thinks you doth project too much. The commies are the Trumpers. You know them. The ones that praise Kim Jong Un, and say they love the communist dictator, have no issue with Putin resurrecting the old soviet union and invading the Ukraine, and repeat Stalinist phrases like the enemy of the people.

Pelosi going to file EP to keep Bolton off the stand ?

No

Me thinks you doth project too much. The commies are the Trumpers. You know them. The ones that praise Kim Jong Un, and say they love the communist dictator, have no issue with Putin resurrecting the old soviet union and invading the Ukraine, and repeat Stalinist phrases like the enemy of the people.

Wow.....you keep mixing your booze with your meds...then post that crap....you should get help.

You are flailing.

YOUR House Clown’s farce has already been destroyed in under 2 hours.

Buckle up for Monday’s beatdown, Buttercup.
You have some nerve talking about clown faces!!!
Beat down in your zero college small mind.
Doesn't matter what they say you will regurgitate it

No

Wow.....you keep mixing your booze with your meds...then post that crap....you should get help.

Trump blocked witnesses, you blame the democrats, and I need meds.

:auiqs.jpg:

No

Ever heard of projection?
Zero college?
Got to be a 65+ white boy commie SS Medicare sucker

No

So stupid, no one has suggested this.
Stop watching knees news

I disagree. With such a loose definition of high crimed and misdemeanors, you could end up with Congress being able to overturn elections because they dont like the candidate or because they want to take power.

Impeachment needs to be for major serious offenses only.

I see your point, but I don't think it's portable ... recently, two Michigan state judges got into a screaming match in the parking lot of Walmart ... they were both removed from office for "conduct detrimental to the dignity of the court" ... no laws were broken, you and I could do this with no consequences ...

Federal impeachment and removal from office procedures avoids splitting that particular hare ... Congress doesn't like the judge, they get rid of them ...

No

What's wrong commie, can't refute what I actually said?

• H.Res.13 Introduced March 1, 2019 by Rep. Brad Sherman (D-CA)[138] on the grounds of obstruction of justice during the Mueller investigation
  • H.Res.257 Introduced March 27, 2019 by Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI)[139] for opening an investigation with no specific accusation made
  • H.Res.396 Introduced May 25, 2019 by Rep. Shelia Jackson Lee (D-TX)[140] which named several areas of concern, including:
  • H.Res.498 Introduced July 17, 2019 by Rep. Al Green (D-TX-9)[141] on the grounds of being unfit for office after various racist remarks
Efforts to impeach Donald Trump - Wikipedia

All were rejected, but they were voted on.

No

What's wrong commie, can't refute what I actually said?

• H.Res.13 Introduced March 1, 2019 by Rep. Brad Sherman (D-CA)[138] on the grounds of obstruction of justice during the Mueller investigation
  • H.Res.257 Introduced March 27, 2019 by Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI)[139] for opening an investigation with no specific accusation made
  • H.Res.396 Introduced May 25, 2019 by Rep. Shelia Jackson Lee (D-TX)[140] which named several areas of concern, including:
  • H.Res.498 Introduced July 17, 2019 by Rep. Al Green (D-TX-9)[141] on the grounds of being unfit for office after various racist remarks
Efforts to impeach Donald Trump - Wikipedia

All were rejected, but they were voted on.

You're the one that brought up the inane commie remark. If you can't take it then shut the fuck up.

Having said that, impeachment proceedings were also started against Obama and went nowhere.

No

Well sure....except that.......Obambi let them take Crimea not Rump.

Forum List

Back