I'm Seriously Considering Getting a Mac...

Battle of the Features: Windows 7 vs. Mac OS X 10.6, Snow Leopard — Datamation.com

Everything listed as an "improvement" to Windoze 7 has been available for years on Linux. ;)

Just because Best Buy and Circuit City are buying more licenses expecting to sell them all, doesn't mean they are in the hands of people using them.

This sentence doesn't bode well for everything else you say.

:eusa_eh: Really? Are you one like Shogut who believes that no one installs something over the OS and programs that are pre-installed on their computers ... pre-installs are counted in the OS "sales" even while they're on the shelves.

This is a good example of a blind Windoze user who has never really tried anything else trying to compare it to another OS.
Microsoft to offer Family Pack for Windows 7 Home Premium | Ed Bott’s Microsoft Report | ZDNet.com

Shogut, is your name Ed?

Again, you show your ignorance:

Ed Bott is an award-winning technology writer with more than two decades' experience writing for mainstream media outlets and online publications. He's served as editor of the U.S. edition of PC Computing and managing editor of PC World; both publications had monthly paid circulation in excess of 1 million during his tenure. He is the author of more than 25 books on Microsoft Windows and Office, including the best-selling Microsoft Windows XP Inside Out, Second Edition.

This is a good example of a blind Windoze user who has never really tried anything else trying to compare it to another OS.
Microsoft to offer Family Pack for Windows 7 Home Premium | Ed Bott’s Microsoft Report | ZDNet.com

Shogut, is your name Ed?

Again, you show your ignorance:

Ed Bott is an award-winning technology writer with more than two decades' experience writing for mainstream media outlets and online publications. He's served as editor of the U.S. edition of PC Computing and managing editor of PC World; both publications had monthly paid circulation in excess of 1 million during his tenure. He is the author of more than 25 books on Microsoft Windows and Office, including the best-selling Microsoft Windows XP Inside Out, Second Edition.

:cool: Popularity doesn't mean better, it just means more money backing it.

:eusa_eh: Really? Are you one like Shogut who believes that no one installs something over the OS and programs that are pre-installed on their computers ... pre-installs are counted in the OS "sales" even while they're on the shelves.

Are you THAT foolish? Mind telling me when's the last time you been to Circuit City? Last I checked, they went bankrupt and all stores closed on or before March 8, 2009. Which makes me think that you're out of touch if you seriously didn't recognize that.

:cool: Popularity doesn't mean better, it just means more money backing it.

So what makes you think you're more qualified then him again? What did you miss about award-winning technology writer and more than two decades of experience? He's served as editors of editions that you could only dream to do so. The same thing with the number of books you've published. Also, PC World is not some bumpkin blog out of nowhere.

Are you THAT foolish? Mind telling me when's the last time you been to Circuit City? Last I checked, they went bankrupt and all stores closed on or before March 8, 2009. Which makes me think that you're out of touch if you seriously didn't recognize that.

:eyeroll: I was using a "generalization" ... you are naive, tell me, how many OSes have you actually used? How many programs have you written in these? How many applications have you actually installed and been paid to not only advise but also set up and maintain? How many networks are you paid to make sure work? How much time do you have to spend keeping said networks running? :eusa_whistle:

:eyeroll: I was using a "generalization" ... you are naive, tell me, how many OSes have you actually used? How many programs have you written in these? How many applications have you actually installed and been paid to not only advise but also set up and maintain? How many networks are you paid to make sure work? How much time do you have to spend keeping said networks running? :eusa_whistle:

If you're going to compare my experience to yours, then we can compare yours to Ed's. Forgo, If I use Ed's as a example, you still lose. I love the little game you played there. Generalization my ass.

I have used Windows and Mac if you must know by the way. I have not written or paid in an of those programs. But again, because I showed you to be a COMPLETE FOOL you start to try that argument. Well guess what, plenty of people with more experience with you consider Windows to be better.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDW0ZnZxjn4&feature=related]YouTube - You Lose! Good Day Sir![/ame]

If you're going to compare my experience to yours, then we can compare yours to Ed's. Forgo, If I use Ed's as a example, you still lose. I love the little game you played there. Generalization my ass.

I have used Windows and Mac if you must know by the way. I have not written or paid in an of those programs. But again, because I showed you to be a COMPLETE FOOL you start to try that argument. Well guess what, plenty of people with more experience with you consider Windows to be better.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDW0ZnZxjn4&feature=related]YouTube - You Lose! Good Day Sir![/ame]

Using doesn't mean you surf the web. ;)

Okay, since you are a "must take everything literal" person, I recommend you find a "Hippy/Geek to Nerd" dictionary, technophiles like you are too techno-ignorant to explain much to. I have already stated a long time ago (conveniently ignored by Shogut) that your choice in OS should be base on what you like, not on what the "popular" culture says. If you don't actually work with all the OSes before choosing one, then you are a moron or a chickenshit, sorry but that's the break. I say very little about Mac other than mentioning it's tech support because ... well ... I haven't used it, my job utilizes mostly IBM servers for many small businesses. Linux is more secure and has more available options than even Windoze 7 has, yes I've tried the Beta and am going to be testing the "full" release at a convention soon. Everything "new" for Windoze 7 is old news in Linux with Gnome, KDE, and X-Org. Now the new code isn't really a rip off from Sun's Java, and even the newest configuration options are nothing compared to a Linux distro like Ubuntu. Now it just looks like a darker Mac ... at least they realized that Mac is becoming more popular, though mostly because ... MS tech support sucks BIG time. I've tried, I reported a problem with their IE ... they still haven't fixed it.

Identical machines:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymbB8RT6Aas]YouTube - Race Ubuntu Karmic Alpha 2 vs Windows 7 RC[/ame]

All of these effects have been available on Gnome desktops (Linux) for a looooong time:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3_FNdjOJoE&feature=related]YouTube - Ubuntu Karmic with Compiz and Emerald[/ame]

Windoze 7 just added about half of them.

And my Mac Laptop beats both of those time wise. You really are not making a good argument.

By the way KK, for someone who is all about "letting whatever fits people best for them" and "Shogun is wrong" you sure are hellbent at painting Windows as the worst creation in mankind. I've never seen someone so obsessed in trying to defeat Shogun in an argument. Even Ghook or Rabbi gave up after a certain point.

All you're doing is chasing your white whale, but you're never going to catch it.

By the way KK, for someone who is all about "letting whatever fits people best for them" and "Shogun is wrong" you sure are hellbent at painting Windows as the worst creation in mankind. I've never seen someone so obsessed in trying to defeat Shogun in an argument. Even Ghook or Rabbi gave up after a certain point.

All you're doing is chasing your white whale, but you're never going to catch it.

Actually, that's just what you are seeing now, the "he started it" actually works here. I paint MS as slowly dying company because they are unable to keep up with technology. I use to like Windoze (pre-XP), but with XP coding because a mess and you had to pay a fortune for it, but even after paying (which I foolishly did) you can't get what you need, and they never answer your requests. The "standard" API sucked more, instead of utilizing the perfectly good GDI interface and completing that they went and replaced it with a completely new one that was widget specific, then Vista made it even worse giving the programmer no control of their widgets, not to mention as a user I had no control over the look and feel, it was their look or no look ... unless you wasted even more money "buying" more looks ... with Ubuntu I have my desktop looking exactly how I want it to, with only a few mouse clicks I make minor changes once in a while, where in order to just change the color in Windoze I had to go through a whole mess or write a new program that used the now out of date GDI (simply because they never completed the fucking thing though if they had Gnome-like desktops would have been introduced to Windoze, by guess the fuck who) ... anyhow, Windoze is still good only because they control a lot of computer stores, but ... people rarely even try Linux out of fear or ignorance then trash it like Shogut did ... that does piss me off. Linux never made their libraries out dated by simply dropping them, so my code keeps up without having to spend more money every month just for the header files.

So yeah, all I have to say about Windoze is bad to the likes of Shogut. ;)

As a side note:

I use to be one who loved the joke "Mac users need rounded corners ... so they don't poke their eyes out."

:rofl:

SERVED

careful.. if you keep up with this line of logic you won't like what happens!

I have a lot of laptops...probably about 6 all together, an old ThinkPad, a Sony, a Fujitsu, a Mac, a Toshiba...my small Mac that I use on the road is nice, light and easy to use. At my desk I have an Alienware m17x-R1 series...with the solid state hard drive. I love this computer...never had ANY issues with it whatsoever. They aren't cheap though....

Forum List

Back