If you're not competent enough to get an ID ...

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
... you shouldn't be voting.

If ID's are available to everyone - for free if you can't afford it - and you can't figure out how to get one then I'm glad you won't be allowed to vote in Wisconsin.

The Republicans who drafted Wisconsin's new voter ID law did a great job in not violating preexisting legislation. But protestors gotta protest.

Wisconsin's photo ID law for voters to face lawsuit - JSOnline

Lefties have as many excuses not to have voter ID cards as they do for doing away with the secret ballot in favor of card check for union voting. Their reasoning on both issues is laughable, yet they manage to present them with a straight face.

Guess they wouldn't be happy if they weren't bitching about something. (Especially something that makes great common sense to thwart voter fraud). :eusa_shhh:

Nice how they lauch lawsuits to burden the taxpayers in Wisconsin? SOP for them is my guess. Bog down the system by all means. Just alot of whining.

Now here is something that does need to be pointed out from the Article:

The federal Constitution does not have right-to-vote provisions, but the state constitution does, laying out that "every United States citizen age 18 or older who is a resident" of Wisconsin may vote in their respective district. The Legislature may restrict that right by passing laws requiring voter registration and proof of residency as well as laws to exclude felons and those judged mentally incompetent, according to the constitution.

So what's the beef? Seems to me the law is in accordance with the State's Constitution. And proving you meet the requirements to boot.

If ID's are available to everyone - for free if you can't afford it - and you can't figure out how to get one then I'm glad you won't be allowed to vote in Wisconsin.

The Republicans who drafted Wisconsin's new voter ID law did a great job in not violating preexisting legislation. But protestors gotta protest.

Should a state legislature be allowed to pass a law that violates that state's Constitution?

That's what this is about.

Should a state legislature be allowed to pass a law that violates that state's Constitution?

WHERE does it violate the State's Constitution?

WHERE does it violate the State's Constitution?

Clearly you did not read the article.

• Banned

They didn't.

They didn't.

That's not for you to decide.

They didn't.

You are technically correct. However as a citizen of Wisconsin who has a vested interest in how my tax payer dollars are spent, I have the right bordering on responsibility to form my opinion on this and to object to spurious lawsuits.

They didn't.

You are technically correct. However as a citizen of Wisconsin who has a vested interest in how my tax payer dollars are spent, I have the right bordering on responsibility to form my opinion on this and to object to spurious lawsuits.

Yup. But this isn't spurious. The article even makes that clear that there is a compelling case against this law on constitutional grounds. Now, the court will probably side with the law, that's fine, but to suggest it's a waste of time to even let a court look at it! That's just un-American.

You dont get to deside whos allowed to vote.

We dont create false hoops to jump through to prevent people from voting.

My state does get to decide who's allowed to vote here. And they have done so.

Requiring proof of eligibility to vote is not creating "false hoops to jump through to prevent people from voting".

You dont get to deside whos allowed to vote.

We dont create false hoops to jump through to prevent people from voting.
Since when is showing positive ID to vote a hoop?

I suppose you could use your logic the next time you're pulled over in a traffic stop?

See how far you get with this inane logic with the officer that pulls you over?:eusa_whistle:

In fact? Take it to court...waste taxpayer money. Because that's what's happening here.

What idiot - besides someone like Truth Matters - waits until November to get an ID card? Are people of this ilk walking around for 3 years, 10 months without one? They don't drive? Don't cash checks? Don't get carded for a six pack? Don't have to show an ID for their entitlement?

Is this how the average left-winged welfare case moron goes day-to-day in our society?

What idiot - besides someone like Truth Matters - waits until November to get an ID card? Are people of this ilk walking around for 3 years, 10 months without one? They don't drive? Don't cash checks? Don't get carded for a six pack? Don't have to show an ID for their entitlement?

Is this how the average left-winged welfare case moron goes day-to-day in our society?

Everyone who is not a child has to have some sort of ID, a passport, drivers license, even if you don't drive you can go down to the court house and get a basic ID Card to identify yourself.

Other than theft?:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back