If your kids turn out gay, would you kill them as Bible/Islam imply?

So the story of a magic invisible guy who has now been dead (but still lives) for 2000 years is NOT to be taken literally, correct? It's just a metaphor for, say, rebirth, correct? So you don't believe that said zombie is going to come back and give you "eternal life", correct - because you are not a literalist when it comes to magic/unscientific stories, correct?
Any way but Christianity is the way to destruction.
LOL. A common euphemism of militant atheists. The more you guys write, the more you reveal of your true self. Please continue, gentlemen.

I've already written several times over several years that Biblical text cannot be taken literally because it was written by desert nomads. It's a perception of spirituality. Just because they misperceive what God is or wants doesn't, as militant atheists desire, negate the wisdom found in the Bible and other religious texts.

Do you believe in ancient wisdom? Do you believe there is any wisdom to be found in the Bible? Or do you think, like Stalin and Mao, all religion should be stomped out and all Bibles burned?

hqdefault.jpg
#1 in our 10 Commandments of SH is freedom - we don't believe that burning books is good, and we believe in religious freedom. For 99.9999999999999%+ of the total existence (counting the "after-life") of the Dalai Lama (for example), Jesus will NOT give the Dalai Lama freedom - there is NO FREEDOM in Jesus renditioning (like Bush renditioned people to brutal regime) the Dalai Lama to be Satan's slave in Satan's Auschwitz ("hell"). Jesus only believes in freedom for 0.00000000000001% of the entire existence (counting the "after-life") of the Dalai Lama (a non-Christian), according to John 14:6 and many other verses that say that the Dalai Lama would be heading to "hell".
There is a better way, a more loving way....the Scientific Humanist way.
You are psychotic.
Help me by showing me where I'm wrong.

All Christians are haters if they approve of the Biblical verses that imply that, say, Buddhists (non-believers), get burned in "hell", and don't get to heaven. All Christians are, if they approve of that. Scientific Humanists don't approve of torturing innocent ethical Buddhists - our level of love has risen far above that of Christians, obviously.
Nice way to walk that back.

Okay, following your style, all atheists are haters if they approve of burning Bibles and shooting Christians. All atheists are, "if they approve of that". See how that works, hater?

Unlike you, I'm willing to face the fact human nature has a dark side. It's human nature that determines if religions, including atheism, are used for good or evil. You obviously hate all Christians and nitpick on a book that was canonized in 325AD. You cannot see any good at all in the Bible as exemplified by your constant haranguing of it and all Christians, regardless of your lame attempts to walk back your despising of them.

Your claim to be a "Scientific Humanist" doesn't excuse, much less justify, your petty hatreds and bigotry for one simple reason: hate is emotional, not logical. Your arguments are primarily emotional with very little in the way of logical and fact supported links, references and other uses of the scientific method.

In short, you can claim to be anything you like, but your own posts speak more about you than anything you claim to be.

scientific humanism - definition of scientific humanism in English | Oxford Dictionaries
A form of humanist theory and practice that is based on the principles and methods of science; specifically the doctrine that human beings should employ scientific methods in studying human life and behaviour, in order to direct the welfare and future of mankind in a rational and beneficial manner.

So the story of a magic invisible guy who has now been dead (but still lives) for 2000 years is NOT to be taken literally, correct? It's just a metaphor for, say, rebirth, correct? So you don't believe that said zombie is going to come back and give you "eternal life", correct - because you are not a literalist when it comes to magic/unscientific stories, correct?
LOL. A common euphemism of militant atheists. The more you guys write, the more you reveal of your true self. Please continue, gentlemen.

I've already written several times over several years that Biblical text cannot be taken literally because it was written by desert nomads. It's a perception of spirituality. Just because they misperceive what God is or wants doesn't, as militant atheists desire, negate the wisdom found in the Bible and other religious texts.

Do you believe in ancient wisdom? Do you believe there is any wisdom to be found in the Bible? Or do you think, like Stalin and Mao, all religion should be stomped out and all Bibles burned?

hqdefault.jpg
#1 in our 10 Commandments of SH is freedom - we don't believe that burning books is good, and we believe in religious freedom. For 99.9999999999999%+ of the total existence (counting the "after-life") of the Dalai Lama (for example), Jesus will NOT give the Dalai Lama freedom - there is NO FREEDOM in Jesus renditioning (like Bush renditioned people to brutal regime) the Dalai Lama to be Satan's slave in Satan's Auschwitz ("hell"). Jesus only believes in freedom for 0.00000000000001% of the entire existence (counting the "after-life") of the Dalai Lama (a non-Christian), according to John 14:6 and many other verses that say that the Dalai Lama would be heading to "hell".
You are psychotic.
If I was in Jesus (alleged) all-powerful shoes, I would let the Dalai Lama into heaven and avoid hell - he seems like a fairly ethical person, as I'm more loving than Jesus is. Would YOU, JusticeHammer? If not, then I'd like to request that you increase the size of your heart like Scientific Humanists have.

All Christians are haters if they approve of the Biblical verses that imply that, say, Buddhists (non-believers), get burned in "hell", and don't get to heaven. All Christians are, if they approve of that. Scientific Humanists don't approve of torturing innocent ethical Buddhists - our level of love has risen far above that of Christians, obviously.

scientific humanism - definition of scientific humanism in English | Oxford Dictionaries
A form of humanist theory and practice that is based on the principles and methods of science; specifically the doctrine that human beings should employ scientific methods in studying human life and behaviour, in order to direct the welfare and future of mankind in a rational and beneficial manner.
Good info.
To be more specific,I'm more talking about the Center For Scientific Humanism's teachings - which rely on science and not on Jesus' magic.

I'm 100% correct in that - "walking on water" is magic, not science. "Casting out demons" (demons don't even exist) is magic - no more real than Harry Potter's magic is. Jesus is invisible because we obviously can't see him today - no video has been captured of Jesus, ever - yet he allegedly "lives" to this very day.
I'm just being truthful.
You, sir, are wrong again for two reasons. One scientific, one humorously true.

Arthur C. Clarke once wrote, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

"A priest, a minister and a rabbi are on a fishing trip. They get out on the water and the Priest goes, "Oh darn, I forgot the picnic basket!" so he proceeds to step out of the boat and walk to shore, grabs the picnic basket and comes back out to the boat. The rabbi looks on in bewilderment.

The minister looks around as he's about to cast and realizes, "I forgot the tackle box!" He also proceeds to get out of the boat and walk to shore, grabs the tackle box and heads back to the boat. The rabbi is absolutely shocked at this point.

Finally, the rabbi turns to the priest and minister and says, "I forgot the bait." He steps out of the boat and splashes around in the water.

The priest turns to the minister and says, "You forgot to show him where the rocks are didn't you?""

.........You obviously hate all Christians .....

Not true at all - if, say, Allah is the one true god (if any), then he's going to send all Christians to get burned in his hell - but we would let them OUT of hell if it was up to us (ok, maybe not Rosie O'Donnell - ok, just kidding) as we love them too much. Muslims will not agree with us on that - trust me. We believe that a fair god, a just god, would not base after-life punishment/reward on which of the 5000+ gods that one just happens to be born into, but rather on MERIT. And because we are more ethical than Christians/Muslims, we can't accept that brutal, barbaric TORTURE would be a part of said after-life by a just and loving god. We are more ethical/loving than the Abrahamic god is - we've moved beyond him, just like people moved beyond, say, Zeus, or Ra, or Wotan.

I'm 100% correct in that - "walking on water" is magic, not science. "Casting out demons" (demons don't even exist) is magic - no more real than Harry Potter's magic is. Jesus is invisible because we obviously can't see him today - no video has been captured of Jesus, ever - yet he allegedly "lives" to this very day.
I'm just being truthful.
You, sir, are wrong again for two reasons. One scientific, one humorously true.

Arthur C. Clarke once wrote, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

"A priest, a minister and a rabbi are on a fishing trip. They get out on the water and the Priest goes, "Oh darn, I forgot the picnic basket!" so he proceeds to step out of the boat and walk to shore, grabs the picnic basket and comes back out to the boat. The rabbi looks on in bewilderment.

The minister looks around as he's about to cast and realizes, "I forgot the tackle box!" He also proceeds to get out of the boat and walk to shore, grabs the tackle box and heads back to the boat. The rabbi is absolutely shocked at this point.

Finally, the rabbi turns to the priest and minister and says, "I forgot the bait." He steps out of the boat and splashes around in the water.

The priest turns to the minister and says, "You forgot to show him where the rocks are didn't you?""
As a Scientific Humanist, we'd give humanity the final cure for cancer if we were in Jesus' alleged "all-powerful and all-loving" shoes - we simply love too much not to. Would you, Divine.Wind? If not, then please realize that there is a more loving way - you just haven't realized that yet. Would you?

Okay, following your style, all atheists are haters if they approve of burning Bibles and shooting Christians. All atheists are, "if they approve of that". See how that works, hater?

Unlike you, I'm willing to face the fact human nature has a dark side. It's human nature that determines if religions, including atheism, are used for good or evil. You obviously hate all Christians and nitpick on a book that was canonized in 325AD. You cannot see any good at all in the Bible as exemplified by your constant haranguing of it and all Christians, regardless of your lame attempts to walk back your despising of them.

Your claim to be a "Scientific Humanist" doesn't excuse, much less justify, your petty hatreds and bigotry for one simple reason: hate is emotional, not logical. Your arguments are primarily emotional with very little in the way of logical and fact supported links, references and other uses of the scientific method.

In short, you can claim to be anything you like, but your own posts speak more about you than anything you claim to be.

We can both agree that since the Bible was used for evil during the Crusades (fighting for god), and to justify slavery for the Civil War (Bible approves of slavery to this very day), that if the Bible had been a more ethical book that the world would be a better place, no? Can we at least agree on that?

Had Scientific Humanism been the belief system during the Civil War times then the "divine" justification for slavery would not (of course) have been able to be used - therefore SH would have been much much better for the world. Can we agree on that?

hqdefault.jpg
Love your neighbor is wisdom, yes. But Christians/Jesus don't actually love their neighbor because if he's a Muslim, even an extremely ethical Muslim, they are ok that said Muslim will burn, burn, burn just for being a Muslim. Christians can't muster the moral courage to say "hold on - Muslims burning for just being ethical Muslims is not fair - Jesus got that wrong." It takes the moral courage of a Scientific Humanist to say that.
Quit putting words in our mouths

Your gay no problem

I don't "hate" Christians, but I do have a better belief system to show them, one that doesn't bring forward the hatreds (towards non-believers, gays, women, etc.) of the Bible. Let's do bring forward the good stuff, however - such as the Golden Rule.

PS the Golden Rule can be improved on: treat others how THEY would prefer to be treated.

Love your neighbor is wisdom, yes. But Christians/Jesus don't actually love their neighbor because if he's a Muslim, even an extremely ethical Muslim, they are ok that said Muslim will burn, burn, burn just for being a Muslim. Christians can't muster the moral courage to say "hold on - Muslims burning for just being ethical Muslims is not fair - Jesus got that wrong." It takes the moral courage of a Scientific Humanist to say that.
Another example of your emotionally-based hatred. Claiming Jesus or all Christians hate Muslims remains to be proven by you. If you were really "scientifically" minded, perhaps you could explain how a religion that didn't come into being until over 600 years after Jesus could be hated by Jesus. If you were really scientifically-minded, you could prove how all Christians hate all Muslims despite the numerous Christian groups supporting all other religions, immigrants despite their religions and other actions much less selfish than your own.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/29/...rumps-plan-to-favor-christian-immigrants.html
A broad array of clergy members has strongly denounced Mr. Trump’s order as discriminatory, misguided and inhumane. Outrage has also come from some of the evangelical, Roman Catholic and mainline Protestant leaders who represent the churches most active in trying to aid persecuted Christians.

By giving preference to Christians over Muslims, religious leaders have said the executive order pits one faith against another. By barring any refugees from entering the United States for nearly four months, it leaves people to suffer longer in camps, and prevents families from reuniting.

Also, many religious leaders have said that putting an indefinite freeze on refugees from Syria, and cutting the total number of refugees admitted this year by 60,000, shuts the door to those most in need.

“We believe in assisting all, regardless of their religious beliefs,” said Bishop Joe S. Vásquez, the chairman of the committee on migration for the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.

Pope Francis Just Issued a Blistering Statement Against Christians Supporting Trump's Muslim Ban
Addressing a gathering of a pilgrimage of Catholics and Lutherans from Germany on Saturday, Pope Francis condemned the hypocrisy from Christians who are merciless to refugees and people of other faiths, the Catholic News Service reported.

According to the report, Francis rebuked “the contradiction of those who want to defend Christianity in the West, and, on the other hand, are against refugees and other religions.”

hqdefault.jpg

Your gay no problem

I'm not gay - one does not have to be, say, black, to have in the 1960's laid their life on the line in Selma to defend the rights of blacks (I admire the whites, and blacks, who did that, greatly.) If Jesus does, just say for argument's sake here, send gays to torture in hell, can you condemn him as immoral for doing that, bear513? A Scientific Humanist loves too much to be ok with that barbarity and hatred of innocent people. Our hearts are just too big.

I don't "hate" Christians, but I do have a better belief system to show them, one that doesn't bring forward the hatreds (towards non-believers, gays, women, etc.) of the Bible. Let's do bring forward the good stuff, however - such as the Golden Rule.

PS the Golden Rule can be improved on: treat others how THEY would prefer to be treated.
Dude, you can disclaim all you like, but the fact remains your posts say you do as I've repeatedly shown and backed up with contrary facts.

For someone who claims to be "scientific", your posts lack links or other evidence. All you have is opinion backed up with cherry-picked quotes from the Bible, the book you hate.

Do you have any scientific evidence that religion is wrong and should be banned, destroyed or otherwise eliminated from human society?

Another example of your emotionally-based hatred. Claiming Jesus or all Christians hate Muslims remains to be proven by you. If you were really "scientifically" minded, perhaps you could explain how a religion that didn't come into being until over 600 years after Jesus could be hated by Jesus. If you were really scientifically-minded, you could prove how all Christians hate all Muslims despite the numerous Christian groups supporting all other religions, immigrants despite their religions and other actions much less selfish than your own.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/29/...rumps-plan-to-favor-christian-immigrants.html
A broad array of clergy members has strongly denounced Mr. Trump’s order as discriminatory, misguided and inhumane. Outrage has also come from some of the evangelical, Roman Catholic and mainline Protestant leaders who represent the churches most active in trying to aid persecuted Christians.

By giving preference to Christians over Muslims, religious leaders have said the executive order pits one faith against another. By barring any refugees from entering the United States for nearly four months, it leaves people to suffer longer in camps, and prevents families from reuniting.

Also, many religious leaders have said that putting an indefinite freeze on refugees from Syria, and cutting the total number of refugees admitted this year by 60,000, shuts the door to those most in need.

“We believe in assisting all, regardless of their religious beliefs,” said Bishop Joe S. Vásquez, the chairman of the committee on migration for the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.

Pope Francis Just Issued a Blistering Statement Against Christians Supporting Trump's Muslim Ban
Addressing a gathering of a pilgrimage of Catholics and Lutherans from Germany on Saturday, Pope Francis condemned the hypocrisy from Christians who are merciless to refugees and people of other faiths, the Catholic News Service reported.

According to the report, Francis rebuked “the contradiction of those who want to defend Christianity in the West, and, on the other hand, are against refugees and other religions.”
These verses, and others too, do show that Christians are fine with Muslims (Muslims are non-believers, dude!) being burned alive in a "lake of fire". There is a more loving way, however.

John 14:6: Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me"
Acts 4:12, 2 Thessalonians 1:1-10, John 3:18, John 10:27-28, Matthew 10:32, Luke 12:8, John 5:2, John 3:36, John 6:47, Acts 16:31, Romans 10:9, Revelation 19:20, 20:10,14-15, 21:8, John 15:6: Jesus said “Unless a person remains united with me, he is thrown away like a branch and dries up. Such branches are gathered and thrown into the fire, where they are burned up."

Question: If your children turn out to eventually be gay, would you kill them as the Bible/Islamic texts imply, or are the Bible/Islamic texts wrong? Which is it?

“If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives.” (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

If you reply "I don't follow the OT", that's great - then admit that it's wrong (or else you'd follow it).

I believe in loving gays, so of course I think we can move beyond the morality in the Bible/Islamic texts since they got it wrong.

Your opinion?
Why r u obsessed with homosexuality? :gay:
Why do YOU hate gays? Well, maybe you DON'T hate gays, I don't know for sure....so let's test your love of gays: can you join me in saying this most loving prayer?
"God, I love everybody so much that I beg you to let ethical gays into heaven and avoid hell. Thanks."

Can you rise to the level of love of Scientific Humanist and join me in saying that most loving prayer, Tilly? If not, then perhaps a new, more loving belief system, would be helpful in your life.

I would, but I don't 'love everybody so much'. For example, I don't 'love' people I don't know.

Those Christians do support Muslims for 0.000000000000001% of that Muslim's total existence (life on this earth)....but NOT for the 99.99999999999999%+ of their total existence (counting the "after-life") where those Muslims will burn, burn, burn - brutal, savage, torture.
Can we agree that "no torture" (which Scientific Humanists tend to believe) is more human and Jesus/god's policy of torturing all, say, Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists, atheists, etc. per the Bible? Can we?

hqdefault.jpg
You are psychotic.
If I was in Jesus (alleged) all-powerful shoes, I would let the Dalai Lama into heaven and avoid hell - he seems like a fairly ethical person, as I'm more loving than Jesus is. Would YOU, JusticeHammer? If not, then I'd like to request that you increase the size of your heart like Scientific Humanists have.
I doubt the Dalia Lama wants entry into JCs heaven - he has his own belief system.

...We are more ethical/loving than the Abrahamic god is - we've moved beyond him, just like people moved beyond, say, Zeus, or Ra, or Wotan.
We? Are you talking about this mysterious "scientific humanist" group which you have posted no facts about? Is this a religion of one or does it include a tapeworm or mouse in a pocket?

You are free to hate people all you like. I think that's wrong, but you obviously don't agree by virtue of your actions.

hqdefault.jpg

Your gay no problem

I'm not gay - one does not have to be, say, black, to have in the 1960's laid their life on the line in Selma to defend the rights of blacks (I admire the whites, and blacks, who did that, greatly.) If Jesus does, just say for argument's sake here, send gays to torture in hell, can you condemn him as immoral for doing that, bear513? A Scientific Humanist loves too much to be ok with that barbarity and hatred of innocent people. Our hearts are just too big.

It's not my problem..

I am just saying stop taking out of context with the Bible...

Sick of it.

Those Christians do support Muslims for 0.000000000000001% of that Muslim's total existence (life on this earth)....but NOT for the 99.99999999999999%+ of their total existence (counting the "after-life") where those Muslims will burn, burn, burn - brutal, savage, torture.
Can we agree that "no torture" (which Scientific Humanists tend to believe) is more human and Jesus/god's policy of torturing all, say, Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists, atheists, etc. per the Bible? Can we?
Nice statistic. Now back it up with factual evidence or admit you lied and fabricated the statistic.

Forum List

Back