If your kids turn out gay, would you kill them as Bible/Islam imply?

Christians are intolerant of people who are not harming them....there is a better way.
Wow. That certainly conflicts with your earlier disclaimer doesn't it? Simply changing your mind? Confused? Or are you a liar?
You are wrongly (no offense) conflating LOVE of all peoples (including gays) that leads to me condemning the Bible with "hatred". It's not "hatred" to condemn hatred....it's love. Can you join me in condemning the hatred in the Bible/Qur'an towards innocent people (gays)? If not, then your tolerance of intolerance is not actually tolerance like you probably think it is, mi amigo.

You are wrongly (no offense) conflating LOVE of all peoples (including gays) that leads to me condemning the Bible with "hatred". It's not "hatred" to condemn hatred....it's love. Can you join me in condemning the hatred in the Bible/Qur'an towards innocent people (gays)? If not, then your tolerance of intolerance is not actually tolerance like you probably think it is, mi amigo.
Disagreed I'm wrong in my assessment of you. When a person constantly bitches about a particular group, be it theists, blacks, "Jooos" or anyone else, clearly they are a bigot and bigots hate. Ergo, you, sir, are a hater.

There are Bible literalists just as there are Quran literalists, but most people are not haters regardless of their religious views......
All Christians are haters if they approve of the Biblical verses that imply that, say, Buddhists (non-believers), get burned in "hell", and don't get to heaven. All Christians are, if they approve of that. Scientific Humanists don't approve of torturing innocent ethical Buddhists - our level of love has risen far above that of Christians, obviously.

Well according to the Bible gay isn't OK....in fact it's an abomination
I admire your level of tolerance - god could learn tolerance from you.

But we forgive god for his intolerance.
You are so ignorant, it will do you great harm. You have NO standing to forgive GOD. May GOD forgive you.
At least we can agree that god is intolerant in the Bible (discrimination against gays, just for being gay).
No, we don't have to agree. It's obvious you have no clue what you are talking about.
The Bible says to kill gays in Leviticus, and Christians haven't mustered the moral courage to improve/change that verse, so I think I can yes safely say that the god of the Bible is intolerant.
I can safely say you have no clue what you are talking about. I have said it before, someone that doesn't believe in God using his word wrong is the stupidest thing. What happens when Satan owns you.

Christians are intolerant of people who are not harming them....there is a better way.
Wow. That certainly conflicts with your earlier disclaimer doesn't it? Simply changing your mind? Confused? Or are you a liar?
You couldn't condemn the hatred in the Bible/Qur'an towards innocent people (gays), so the good news is that there is a more loving belief system for you to adopt, and your heart will grow, and you'll grow as a human being.

You are so ignorant, it will do you great harm. You have NO standing to forgive GOD. May GOD forgive you.
At least we can agree that god is intolerant in the Bible (discrimination against gays, just for being gay).
No, we don't have to agree. It's obvious you have no clue what you are talking about.
The Bible says to kill gays in Leviticus, and Christians haven't mustered the moral courage to improve/change that verse, so I think I can yes safely say that the god of the Bible is intolerant.
Matthew, Mark and John..
1 Corinthians 6:9-10 says gays don't get into heaven.....if you were in Jesus' supposedly all-loving shoes, would YOU have, in 2000 years, spoken up enough so that those verses would have been removed from the Bible? I would have, because I love everybody, and am more caring than Jesus obviously. What about you?

What translation?

Do I care if your gay?

No

It's between you and your Maker.

Disagreed I'm wrong in my assessment of you. When a person constantly bitches about a particular group, be it theists, blacks, "Jooos" or anyone else, clearly they are a bigot and bigots hate. Ergo, you, sir, are a hater.

There are Bible literalists just as there are Quran literalists, but most people are not haters regardless of their religious views......
All Christians are haters if they approve of the Biblical verses that imply that, say, Buddhists (non-believers), get burned in "hell", and don't get to heaven. All Christians are, if they approve of that. Scientific Humanists don't approve of torturing innocent ethical Buddhists - our level of love has risen far above that of Christians, obviously.
You keep proving how stupid you are. John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life no man shall see the Father but thru me."

I admire your level of tolerance - god could learn tolerance from you.

But we forgive god for his intolerance.
I can safely say you have no clue what you are talking about. I have said it before, someone that doesn't believe in God using his word wrong is the stupidest thing. What happens when Satan owns you.
I'm far more loving than you are - here let me prove that to everyone: JusticeHammer, god met Satan (in the Bible, when god savagely tortured Lot), and Jesus allegedly met Satan too....would YOU have arrested Satan during those meetings if it were up to YOU? A Scientific Humanist would have, of course, because we believe in doing what's best for humanity, and Satan is quite evil. What about you, JusticeHammer, do you care about humanist as much as we do? Please let us know.

You couldn't condemn the hatred in the Bible/Qur'an towards innocent people (gays), so the good news is that there is a more loving belief system for you to adopt, and your heart will grow, and you'll grow as a human being.

Kid your trying to justify

Any way but Christianity is the way to destruction.

I'm far more loving than you are - here let me prove that to everyone: JusticeHammer, god met Satan (in the Bible, when god savagely tortured Lot), and Jesus allegedly met Satan too....would YOU have arrested Satan during those meetings if it were up to YOU? A Scientific Humanist would have, of course, because we believe in doing what's best for humanity, and Satan is quite evil. What about you, JusticeHammer, do you care about humanist as much as we do? Please let us know.
You make no sense, but then you have no idea what you're talking about. You can't prove anything to anyone.

So the story of a magic invisible guy who has now been dead (but still lives) for 2000 years is NOT to be taken literally, correct? It's just a metaphor for, say, rebirth, correct? So you don't believe that said zombie is going to come back and give you "eternal life", correct - because you are not a literalist when it comes to magic/unscientific stories, correct?
LOL. A common euphemism of militant atheists. The more you guys write, the more you reveal of your true self. Please continue, gentlemen.

I've already written several times over several years that Biblical text cannot be taken literally because it was written by desert nomads. It's a perception of spirituality. Just because they misperceive what God is or wants doesn't, as militant atheists desire, negate the wisdom found in the Bible and other religious texts.

Do you believe in ancient wisdom? Do you believe there is any wisdom to be found in the Bible? Or do you think, like Stalin and Mao, all religion should be stomped out and all Bibles burned?

hqdefault.jpg

You keep proving how stupid you are. John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life no man shall see the Father but thru me."
You are proving my point! If they are Buddhists (Buddhists can be very loving people, they just don't happen to go "thru" Jesus, obviously) then they get brutal torture for eternity....that's unloving, unfair, and not what a Scientific Humanist would do - we are far more loving than Jesus is. We forgive Jesus though. We can be good role models for Jesus - increase the size of his heart.
Note to Jesus: Jesus, Buddhists don't deserve eternal torture (maybe a mass-murdering Buddhist, but certainly not a hard-working ethical Buddhist who has, say, helped the world more than the average Christian, as an example.) We can be a role model to Jesus, as we err on the side of love, whereas John 14:6 errs on the side of narcissism.

So the story of a magic invisible guy who has now been dead (but still lives) for 2000 years is NOT to be taken literally, correct? It's just a metaphor for, say, rebirth, correct? So you don't believe that said zombie is going to come back and give you "eternal life", correct - because you are not a literalist when it comes to magic/unscientific stories, correct?
LOL. A common euphemism of militant atheists. The more you write, the more you reveal of your true self. Please continue, sir.

I've already written several times over several years that Biblical text cannot be taken literally because it was written by desert nomads. It's a perception of spirituality. Just because they misperceive what God is or wants doesn't, as militant atheists desire, negate the wisdom found in the Bible and other religious texts.

Do you believe in ancient wisdom? Do you believe there is any wisdom to be found in the Bible? Or do you think, like Stalin and Mao, all religion should be stomped out and all Bibles burned?

hqdefault.jpg
I'm 100% correct in that - "walking on water" is magic, not science. "Casting out demons" (demons don't even exist) is magic - no more real than Harry Potter's magic is. Jesus is invisible because we obviously can't see him today - no video has been captured of Jesus, ever - yet he allegedly "lives" to this very day.
I'm just being truthful.

LOL. A common euphemism of militant atheists. The more you guys write, the more you reveal of your true self. Please continue, gentlemen.

hqdefault.jpg
#1 in our 10 Commandments of SH is freedom - we don't believe that burning books is good, and we believe in religious freedom. For 99.9999999999999%+ of the total existence (counting the "after-life") of the Dalai Lama (for example), Jesus will NOT give the Dalai Lama freedom - there is NO FREEDOM in Jesus renditioning (like Bush renditioned people to brutal regime) the Dalai Lama to be Satan's slave in Satan's Auschwitz ("hell"). Jesus only believes in freedom for 0.00000000000001% of the entire existence (counting the "after-life") of the Dalai Lama (a non-Christian), according to John 14:6 and many other verses that say that the Dalai Lama would be heading to "hell".
There is a better way, a more loving way....the Scientific Humanist way.

I've already written several times over several years that Biblical text cannot be taken literally because it was written by desert nomads.
Obviously we can do better than to take our overall belief system from desert nomads that didn't even know where the sun went at night, thought that slavery was cool, and that killing gays was morally a good thing to do. We are better than that, folks!

hqdefault.jpg
We believe in the BEST wisdom, whatever age that comes from. We don't believe in book burning, as we believe in freedom more than most any other belief system does. We condemn Mao/Castro/Stalin and other communists since they don't believe in political, or religious, freedom, including freedom of speech.

hqdefault.jpg
We can AGREE that a talking donkey, or slavery are NOT "wisdom", correct?

hqdefault.jpg
#1 in our 10 Commandments of SH is freedom - we don't believe that burning books is good, and we believe in religious freedom. For 99.9999999999999%+ of the total existence (counting the "after-life") of the Dalai Lama (for example), Jesus will NOT give the Dalai Lama freedom - there is NO FREEDOM in Jesus renditioning (like Bush renditioned people to brutal regime) the Dalai Lama to be Satan's slave in Satan's Auschwitz ("hell"). Jesus only believes in freedom for 0.00000000000001% of the entire existence (counting the "after-life") of the Dalai Lama (a non-Christian), according to John 14:6 and many other verses that say that the Dalai Lama would be heading to "hell".
You are psychotic.

hqdefault.jpg
Love your neighbor is wisdom, yes. But Christians/Jesus don't actually love their neighbor because if he's a Muslim, even an extremely ethical Muslim, they are ok that said Muslim will burn, burn, burn just for being a Muslim. Christians can't muster the moral courage to say "hold on - Muslims burning for just being ethical Muslims is not fair - Jesus got that wrong." It takes the moral courage of a Scientific Humanist to say that.

hqdefault.jpg
You are psychotic.
You say that because you can't show us specifically where what I wrote is wrong, can you? I know you can't. Trust me, you can't. I guarantee it. Because for 99.99999999999%+ of the total existence (counting the after-life) of the Dalai Lama (for example), Jesus will NOT give the Dalai Lama freedom - no freedom in sending him to Jesus' Auschwitz ("hell"). Jesus is about TORTURE for 99.9999999999999% of the total existence of non-believers. These verses show that to be part of the Bible's teachings:

John 14:6: Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me"
Acts 4:12, 2 Thessalonians 1:1-10, John 3:18, John 10:27-28, Matthew 10:32, Luke 12:8, John 5:2, John 3:36, John 6:47, Acts 16:31, Romans 10:9, Revelation 19:20, 20:10,14-15, 21:8, John 15:6: Jesus said “Unless a person remains united with me, he is thrown away like a branch and dries up. Such branches are gathered and thrown into the fire, where they are burned up."

Forum List

Back