If your kids turn out gay, would you kill them as Bible/Islam imply?

This entire thread is about killing / murder a child...

And justify doing so...

Hell no...

Those Christians do support Muslims for 0.000000000000001% of that Muslim's total existence (life on this earth)....but NOT for the 99.99999999999999%+ of their total existence (counting the "after-life") where those Muslims will burn, burn, burn - brutal, savage, torture.
Can we agree that "no torture" (which Scientific Humanists tend to believe) is more human and Jesus/god's policy of torturing all, say, Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists, atheists, etc. per the Bible? Can we?
Nice statistic. Now back it up with factual evidence or admit you lied and fabricated the statistic.
If "hell" is for ETERNITY (is hell not for eternity, dude!?), then 99.99999999999999%+ is LOW, my friend! What %, dude, of one's total existence, counting the after-life, would "hell" be, then? I say 99.9999999999999%+....what say you? Yes, many Christians love Muslims for the 0.000000000000001%, but are ok with Muslims getting savagely tortured, unfairly, for the other 99.9999999999999%+.

Scientific Humanists mostly believe in "no torture", so we can't approve of god/Jesus' Auschwitz-like torture of Muslims - our hearts are just too big.

Where does the Bible say that "hell" is not for eternity?

Scientific Humanists

Oh hell on Earth a new word?
Not a new term, but "Joy4Uall" is certainly using it as a mask for his hatred of theists by acting contrary to its precepts:

Scientific humanism

Open your heart like a Scientific Humanist - I know you can do that.
You can move beyond Jesus - Jesus said that he only came to help one particular race/ethnicity:
GOD'S WORD® Translation
"Jesus responded, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the nation of Israel.""

If you can find it in your heart to "love people [you] don't know", then you will be more like a Scientific Humanist, and less like Jesus. You can move beyond Jesus' racism/ethnicism - the world will be a better place when you can find it in your heart to do that, mi amigo.
You seem to think I'm religious, I'm not.
And I don't want to 'be like' a scientific humanist. I've met a few and they are among the most rabid haters I've ever come across!
If YOU can't say this prayer then I'm afraid that YOU would be the "hater":
"God/Jesus, if you exist, can you find it in your heart to let ethical Buddhists into heaven and avoid hell. Thanks."

Can you say that prayer (regardless of whether you think anyone is listening, as an exercise in love)?
Buddhists don't want entry into JCs heaven. If they did they'd be Christians! I don't pray. As I've explained, I'm not religious.
OF COURSE they don't want HELL! But Jesus is so selfish, such a bigot, such a narcissist, that he won't (according to the Bible) let ethical Buddhists into heaven but rather will torture them for eternity. As Scientific Humanists we'd of course change that barbaric and inhuman and unfair scheme - that's because we are far more ethical than Jesus is.
How can it be an unfair scheme, to someone who doesn't believe it exists?
Great point. Yes, in a perfect world I'd preface every single Biblical claim with the phrase "if the Bible is true".
What bothers me is that Christians/Muslims do indeed believe that Jews, Hindus, gays, etc. are so disgusting (apparently) that Jesus/Allah are completely JUSTIFIED in barbaric, savage, inhuman torture of those groups, no matter than certain members of those groups are probably more ethical than certain heaven-bound Christians/Muslims. They are simply immoral people for accepting that barbaric scheme - just like a Nazi who, while say he didn't participate in the Holocaust, approved of the Holocaust. Christians/Muslims are like Nazis in that sense.

Those Christians do support Muslims for 0.000000000000001% of that Muslim's total existence (life on this earth)....but NOT for the 99.99999999999999%+ of their total existence (counting the "after-life") where those Muslims will burn, burn, burn - brutal, savage, torture.
Can we agree that "no torture" (which Scientific Humanists tend to believe) is more human and Jesus/god's policy of torturing all, say, Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists, atheists, etc. per the Bible? Can we?
Nice statistic. Now back it up with factual evidence or admit you lied and fabricated the statistic.
If "hell" is for ETERNITY (is hell not for eternity, dude!?), then 99.99999999999999%+ is LOW, my friend! What %, dude, of one's total existence, counting the after-life, would "hell" be, then? I say 99.9999999999999%+....what say you? Yes, many Christians love Muslims for the 0.000000000000001%, but are ok with Muslims getting savagely tortured, unfairly, for the other 99.9999999999999%+.

Scientific Humanists mostly believe in "no torture", so we can't approve of god/Jesus' Auschwitz-like torture of Muslims - our hearts are just too big.

Scientific Humanists

Not a new term, but "Joy4Uall" is certainly using it as a mask for his hatred of theists by acting contrary to its precepts:

Scientific humanism
You make a valid point - I should more often say "the Center For Scientific Humanism's belief system....."

OF COURSE they don't want HELL! But Jesus is so selfish, such a bigot, such a narcissist, that he won't (according to the Bible) let ethical Buddhists into heaven but rather will torture them for eternity. As Scientific Humanists we'd of course change that barbaric and inhuman and unfair scheme - that's because we are far more ethical than Jesus is.
Wow. Not only are you fabricating fantastical lies, but you are truly acting in contrary to the ideals of "Scientific Humanists" by putting your emotional arguments before cool logic and true humanism.

Yes I already knew that

Scientific Humanists

Scientific humanism

Yes I already knew that.. the kid is trying to bring it into the main stream..

He heard it at Berkeley

Scientific Humanists

Scientific humanism
Jesus hates, say, children, but we love children.
[Jesus said to them:] “If you come to me but will not leave your family, you cannot be my follower. " - Luke 14:26

We love kids too much to advocate leaving them - we are not extremists like Jesus obviously was (if the Bible is accurate in that quote.)

Yes I already knew that

Scientific Humanists

Scientific humanism

He heard it at Berkeley

Not an anarchist, not a member of BAMN, either.
Also, never said my gender.

Have a great night.

I would, but I don't 'love everybody so much'. For example, I don't 'love' people I don't know.
Open your heart like a Scientific Humanist - I know you can do that.
You can move beyond Jesus - Jesus said that he only came to help one particular race/ethnicity:
GOD'S WORD® Translation
"Jesus responded, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the nation of Israel.""

If you can find it in your heart to "love people [you] don't know", then you will be more like a Scientific Humanist, and less like Jesus. You can move beyond Jesus' racism/ethnicism - the world will be a better place when you can find it in your heart to do that, mi amigo.
And I don't want to 'be like' a scientific humanist. I've met a few and they are among the most rabid haters I've ever come across!
"God/Jesus, if you exist, can you find it in your heart to let ethical Buddhists into heaven and avoid hell. Thanks."

Can you say that prayer (regardless of whether you think anyone is listening, as an exercise in love)?
Buddhists don't want entry into JCs heaven. If they did they'd be Christians! I don't pray. As I've explained, I'm not religious.
They don't see enough court-room level of evidence that Jesus is the one true god.....so if you had Jesus' super-powers, would YOU provide a court-room level of evidence for Jesus' divinity, enough so that many many more Buddhists would flock to Jesus and therefore get into heaven and avoid hell? I would of course. How about you? If you can't answer "yes" to this question, then please realize that there is a way for you to be more loving and caring than you currently are.

Have a nice night.
Religion is about faith, not court room level evidence. I have absolutely no interest in proving anything about religion, as that would be rather hypocritical of me. Why aren't any of the other religions providing court room level evidence that Christians have it wrong and will therefore not gain entry to paradise or whatever? Why do you put all the onus on Christianity?
And, as far as I'm aware, Christianity is a proselysing faith, i.e. It's follwers do try to inform others of 'the error of their ways'! I expect they'd say you can lead a horse to water etc etc.

I

Great point. Yes, in a perfect world I'd preface every single Biblical claim with the phrase "if the Bible is true".
What bothers me is that Christians/Muslims do indeed believe that Jews, Hindus, gays, etc. are so disgusting (apparently) that Jesus/Allah are completely JUSTIFIED in barbaric, savage, inhuman torture of those groups, no matter than certain members of those groups are probably more ethical than certain heaven-bound Christians/Muslims. They are simply immoral people for accepting that barbaric scheme - just like a Nazi who, while say he didn't participate in the Holocaust, approved of the Holocaust. Christians/Muslims are like Nazis in that sense.
The Christian Bible.. is about being decent to one another..

You make a valid point - I should more often say "the Center For Scientific Humanism's belief system....."
Nice. Now where is the link so I can verify you are not just lying and actually, for once, have a factual basis for your opinions.

BTW, still waiting for a link to those stats you posted. Did I miss your post linking them?

Wow. Not only are you fabricating fantastical lies, but you are truly acting in contrary to the ideals of "Scientific Humanists" by putting your emotional arguments before cool logic and true humanism.
No, I'm not - John 14:6 shows that Jesus of the Bible is a narcissist. He's not about, say, "doing good works and being ethical", rather he's all about "suck up to me, me, me!" There is a better way.

Nice. Now where is the link so I can verify you are not just lying and actually, for once, have a factual basis for your opinions.

BTW, still waiting for a link to those stats you posted. Did I miss your post linking them?
Gotta run now, but I don't think I've said stuff that is not true.

But they don't believe in a Christian hell, and neither should you, BTW. So no harm done :dunno:
But CHRISTIANS accept, yes, accept, the Bible saying that Buddhists will indeed be tossed into a "lake of fire", so Christians are unethical.

Please tell us which is more ethical: to throw (ethical) Jews into a "lake of fire" (Jesus), or to throw Jews into ovens (Hitler.)
Which is more ethical? Please tell us.
But Christians try to spread the word. That's all they can do. Christians aren't JC.

I

Care to rescind that statement?
What does the Bible say about beating slaves? It says you can beat both male and female slaves with a rod so hard that as long as they don’t die right away you are cleared of any wrong doing

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

But they don't believe in a Christian hell, and neither should you, BTW. So no harm done :dunno:
But CHRISTIANS accept, yes, accept, the Bible saying that Buddhists will indeed be tossed into a "lake of fire", so Christians are unethical.

Please tell us which is more ethical: to throw (ethical) Jews into a "lake of fire" (Jesus), or to throw Jews into ovens (Hitler.)
Which is more ethical? Please tell us.
But Christians try to spread the word. That's all they can do. Christians aren't JC.
"The word" is this: if you don't suck up to a 2000 year old magic invisible dead guy then you are such utter scum that the most knowing and loving entity of all time will treat you far far worse than even Hitler ever treated any of his Jewish inmates in his "lake of fire".

There is a better way.

I

Here are HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of verses that show that you are, unfortunately, dead wrong about that my friend: Cruelty and Violence

Scientific Humanists

Scientific humanism
[Jesus said to them:] “If you come to me but will not leave your family, you cannot be my follower. " - Luke 14:26

We love kids too much to advocate leaving them - we are not extremists like Jesus obviously was (if the Bible is accurate in that quote.)

?

Yes I already knew that

Scientific Humanists

Scientific humanism

He heard it at Berkeley

Yes, we have a regular weekly Bible burning at Berkeley. :)

Scientific Humanists

Scientific humanism

?
Can you condemn Jesus for saying in Luke 14:26 to people to leave their family (children)?

Forum List

Back