If you think Christ would approve of today's liberal policies ...

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Amelia, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Amelia

Amelia BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,119
    ... do you think Christ would approve of abortions?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. The Irish Ram

The Irish Ram LITTLE GIRL / Ram Tough

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,841
    The Bible says that God the Father himself molded that little child, His little child while it resided in the womb. That's how he knows how many hairs are on our heads. He put them there.
    God even gives it it's very own DNA. I think He put that child there for a purpose. There was something that child was suppose to do while it was here, and we bring that purpose to an abrupt halt when we abort the child.

3. Amelia

Amelia BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,119

Are you of the opinion that Christ would favor today's liberals' policies? With social welfare programs relying heavily on government-directed spending of citizens' money.

4. mskafka

mskafka Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    In a land where partisanship doesn't exist.
    Ratings:
    +235
    Do you think that he would approve/disapprove of both liberal and conservative policies? I suspect a little of both.

5. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    I don't know, but he'd hate the pretend party of G-d

6. CaughtInTheMid

CaughtInTheMid Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +80
    i read these things a long time ago and thought they were interesting...

"Jesus probably wouldn't vote at all. He'd consider the outcome of an American election irrelevant in the larger picture of preparing for the kingdom of heaven. Preparing for heaven was Jesus' constant message. Fretting over the trials and tribulations of earthly life wasn't the point. It's what comes afterwards that counts, and getting there depends on aligning your heart, mind and spirit with what God wants. Nowadays, Jesus would probably dismiss politics and elections as mere distractions. He was passionate about heaven, not the White House."

"He advocated generosity toward the poor, resisted religious dogma and hypocrisy, and valued spiritual things rather than monetary. He didn't shun or judge "sinners," but rather (to the dismay of local religious leaders) sought them out and treated them with kindness and patience. Jesus wouldn't likely be interested in tax breaks for the wealthy, or for anyone else for that matter, if it meant cutting services to the poor. When dealing with "sinners," Jesus never encouraged lobbying the government to enforce his beliefs.

Why is it a given that if you're a Christian, you must be a Republican? When you put Jesus' beliefs side by side with the Republican platform, they simply don't mesh. They don't always mesh so well with the Democratic platform either, but at least they're in the same ballpark."

7. mskafka

mskafka Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +235
    God hates ALL sin. As St. Paul said: "There is no one righteous. No, not one."

8. mskafka

mskafka Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +235
    I doubt that He approves of abortion. I also doubt that He approves of those who bomb, maim, and kill those who perform abortions.

He doesn't approve of people who sleep around on their spouses; and He also doesn't approve of those who gossip about it.

Jesus was a HUGE advocate for the poor, sick, and despondent. What do you think? Paraphrasing-"I was naked and you didn't clothe me. I was sick and in prison, and you didn't visit me."

I believe that both conservatives and republicans have Christian characteristics-and that neither one nor the other has the stranglehold on the religion. And you're either delusional, or ignorant if you believe one, or the other.

9. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,869
    Why would you think abortion a ‘liberal’ policy – restricting government in the context of the right to privacy was a conservative tenet, Goldwater supported the right to privacy and abortion accordingly, until conservatives lost their way.

Why would you think responsible governance a ‘liberal’ policy? It’s perfectly appropriate in a modern, First World, industrialized Nation for its citizens to contribute to the upkeep and needs of society – whether it be road and bridge repair, the educating of the Nation’s children, or protecting the health and safety of the members of that society, it’s all the responsibility of a modern government, having nothing to do with partisan politics or ideology.

Jesus would certainly approve of that society caring for its most vulnerable citizens, as private/non-profit entities wouldn’t be able to provide comprehensive, consistent care.

10. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,540
    Didn't God kill the first born of Egypt?