If you think Christ would approve of today's liberal policies ...

... do you think Christ would approve of abortions?

The Bible says that God the Father himself molded that little child, His little child while it resided in the womb. That's how he knows how many hairs are on our heads. He put them there.
God even gives it it's very own DNA. I think He put that child there for a purpose. There was something that child was suppose to do while it was here, and we bring that purpose to an abrupt halt when we abort the child.

• Banned

The Bible says that God the Father himself molded that little child, His little child while it resided in the womb. That's how he knows how many hairs are on our heads. He put them there.
God even gives it it's very own DNA. I think He put that child there for a purpose. There was something that child was suppose to do while it was here, and we bring that purpose to an abrupt halt when we abort the child.

Are you of the opinion that Christ would favor today's liberals' policies? With social welfare programs relying heavily on government-directed spending of citizens' money.

i read these things a long time ago and thought they were interesting...

"Jesus probably wouldn't vote at all. He'd consider the outcome of an American election irrelevant in the larger picture of preparing for the kingdom of heaven. Preparing for heaven was Jesus' constant message. Fretting over the trials and tribulations of earthly life wasn't the point. It's what comes afterwards that counts, and getting there depends on aligning your heart, mind and spirit with what God wants. Nowadays, Jesus would probably dismiss politics and elections as mere distractions. He was passionate about heaven, not the White House."

"He advocated generosity toward the poor, resisted religious dogma and hypocrisy, and valued spiritual things rather than monetary. He didn't shun or judge "sinners," but rather (to the dismay of local religious leaders) sought them out and treated them with kindness and patience. Jesus wouldn't likely be interested in tax breaks for the wealthy, or for anyone else for that matter, if it meant cutting services to the poor. When dealing with "sinners," Jesus never encouraged lobbying the government to enforce his beliefs.

Why is it a given that if you're a Christian, you must be a Republican? When you put Jesus' beliefs side by side with the Republican platform, they simply don't mesh. They don't always mesh so well with the Democratic platform either, but at least they're in the same ballpark."

i read these things a long time ago and thought they were interesting...

"Jesus probably wouldn't vote at all. He'd consider the outcome of an American election irrelevant in the larger picture of preparing for the kingdom of heaven. Preparing for heaven was Jesus' constant message. Fretting over the trials and tribulations of earthly life wasn't the point. It's what comes afterwards that counts, and getting there depends on aligning your heart, mind and spirit with what God wants. Nowadays, Jesus would probably dismiss politics and elections as mere distractions. He was passionate about heaven, not the White House."

"He advocated generosity toward the poor, resisted religious dogma and hypocrisy, and valued spiritual things rather than monetary. He didn't shun or judge "sinners," but rather (to the dismay of local religious leaders) sought them out and treated them with kindness and patience. Jesus wouldn't likely be interested in tax breaks for the wealthy, or for anyone else for that matter, if it meant cutting services to the poor. When dealing with "sinners," Jesus never encouraged lobbying the government to enforce his beliefs.

Why is it a given that if you're a Christian, you must be a Republican? When you put Jesus' beliefs side by side with the Republican platform, they simply don't mesh. They don't always mesh so well with the Democratic platform either, but at least they're in the same ballpark."

I doubt that He approves of abortion. I also doubt that He approves of those who bomb, maim, and kill those who perform abortions.

He doesn't approve of people who sleep around on their spouses; and He also doesn't approve of those who gossip about it.

Jesus was a HUGE advocate for the poor, sick, and despondent. What do you think? Paraphrasing-"I was naked and you didn't clothe me. I was sick and in prison, and you didn't visit me."

I believe that both conservatives and republicans have Christian characteristics-and that neither one nor the other has the stranglehold on the religion. And you're either delusional, or ignorant if you believe one, or the other.

Why would you think abortion a ‘liberal’ policy – restricting government in the context of the right to privacy was a conservative tenet, Goldwater supported the right to privacy and abortion accordingly, until conservatives lost their way.

Are you of the opinion that Christ would favor today's liberals' policies? With social welfare programs relying heavily on government-directed spending of citizens' money.

Why would you think responsible governance a ‘liberal’ policy? It’s perfectly appropriate in a modern, First World, industrialized Nation for its citizens to contribute to the upkeep and needs of society – whether it be road and bridge repair, the educating of the Nation’s children, or protecting the health and safety of the members of that society, it’s all the responsibility of a modern government, having nothing to do with partisan politics or ideology.

Jesus would certainly approve of that society caring for its most vulnerable citizens, as private/non-profit entities wouldn’t be able to provide comprehensive, consistent care.

Why would you think abortion a ‘liberal’ policy – restricting government in the context of the right to privacy was a conservative tenet, Goldwater supported the right to privacy and abortion accordingly, until conservatives lost their way.

Why would you think responsible governance a ‘liberal’ policy? It’s perfectly appropriate in a modern, First World, industrialized Nation for its citizens to contribute to the upkeep and needs of society – whether it be road and bridge repair, the educating of the Nation’s children, or protecting the health and safety of the members of that society, it’s all the responsibility of a modern government, having nothing to do with partisan politics or ideology.

Jesus would certainly approve of that society caring for its most vulnerable citizens, as private/non-profit entities wouldn’t be able to provide comprehensive, consistent care.

Interesting.

However, I didn't say abortion was a liberal policy. The question is whether you think Christ would approve of abortion. Do you think he would?

Jesus would certainly support the freedom of though and conscience – if he were to preach against abortion it would be done with respect to dissenting opinions and he would oppose government sanctions against those who practiced abortion.

He would want men to realize salvation independently, not as a result of fear or coercion.

Interesting.

However, I didn't say abortion was a liberal policy. The question is whether you think Christ would approve of abortion. Do you think he would?

No. I don't think that he would. And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.

Matthew 10:42

Now normally, I don't sling bible verses around. I approve of abortion in cases of rape and incest. I struggle with it, in cases where both the guy and the girl were irresponsible, and use it as a form of birth control. But then....it's not my body. It's a delicate and PRIVATE subject.

Or, I have actually seen a couple abort a pregnancy late gestation, recently, because the child had such a huge problem (don't recall the defect) that he was only going to live a week, tops. This couple has since successfully given birth to a healthy baby girl. They still struggle with the previous decision, but it was to save the baby's suffering. It was a DIFFICULT decision for both of them.

Last edited:

Interesting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well now

Jesus is fair minded,understanding and pragmatic......I think he would agree,if he was here today......remembering he was a modern man of his times...:clap2::clap2:..theliq

Dang, are you being bombarded by the right? I don't see the incredibly offensive things you are posting. Am I missing something? Don't give up. There are some reasonable people in here.

Forum List

Back