If you think Christ would approve of today's liberal policies ...

... do you think Christ would approve of abortions?
Jesus is fair minded,understanding and pragmatic......I think he would agree,if he was here today......remembering he was a modern man of his times...:clap2::clap2:..theliq

Dang, are you being bombarded by the right? I don't see the incredibly offensive things you are posting. Am I missing something? Don't give up. There are some reasonable people in here.
Mska,I know there are many fine folk on here,both left and right...I never,that's never give up because I'm always right, albeit whilst leaning left:lol::lol::cool:

Last edited:
Abortion is wrong.
So is RAPE,INCEST and dare I say it,unwanted pregnancy.WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS ON THAT THEN.theliq always asking the hard questions:clap2:

Rape as Sin is the burden of the person who carried it out, it might effect the victims judgement but it is the rapist who was wrong.
If impregnated by a rapist it is still wrong to abort the child, it was not the childs fault for coming into this world, God must have wanted it and as mere humans we can't fully understand God.
If the people are willing, well medical science has created things to help stop unwanted pregnancy, it was there responsibility to use protection and obviously they failed to do so. So in that case it is still wrong. Of course if they weren't married that's a whole another Sin.

Incest is disgusting.
The Bible seems to have mixed feelings about incest as a good some of the early Hebrews where all about getting it on with their close relatives.

Abortion is wrong.

WAR, is wrong.
LYING, is wrong.
GOSSIPING, is wrong.
MURDER of anyone, is wrong. (Even if that includes blowing up a planned parenthood clinic (with people inside, or shooting them))
ARROGANCE, is wrong.
GLUTTONY, is wrong.
JUDGING OTHERS, is wrong.

So am I missing anything? I recently had a coworker of mine; who is VERY pro-PATRIOT act, tell me that by "killing Muslim children, we are doing them a favor."
Do you agree with this assertion?

God is pretty clear in scripture, that he hates ALL sin.

I don't approve of abortion out of convenience (SOMEONE WILL WANT THAT CHILD), unless in cases of rape or incest, or some other odd circumstance. But not as a means of birth control.

Matthew 7:4 How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew 7:5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jesus is fair minded,understanding and pragmatic......I think he would agree,if he was here today......remembering he was a modern man of his times...:clap2::clap2:..theliq

Dang, are you being bombarded by the right? I don't see the incredibly offensive things you are posting. Am I missing something? Don't give up. There are some reasonable people in here.
Mska,I know there are many fine folk on here,both left and right...I never,that's never give up because I'm always right, albeit whilst leaning left:lol::lol::cool:

OH, indeed. I have friends who are both on the left and the right. But there are some NASTY people in here on both sides. and judging from his posts, and the negative reps...I suspect it's coming from the fringe right.

I'm still feeling sick to my stomach about the post about letting a baby die to keep from wasting money.

Abortion is wrong.

WAR, is wrong.
LYING, is wrong.
GOSSIPING, is wrong.
MURDER of anyone, is wrong. (Even if that includes blowing up a planned parenthood clinic (with people inside, or shooting them))
ARROGANCE, is wrong.
GLUTTONY, is wrong.

So am I missing anything? I recently had a coworker of mine; who is VERY pro-PATRIOT act, tell me that by "killing Muslim children, we are doing them a favor."

I don't approve of abortion out of convenience (SOMEONE WILL WANT THAT CHILD), unless in cases of rape or incest, or some other odd circumstance. But not as a means of birth control.

Matthew 7:4 How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?
Matthew 7:5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Killing is wrong. However I don't think it is wrong to kill during self defense. If your a medic in the military and a person tries to kill you I don't think it's a sin to kill them first.
If you witness those Muslim children dieing and all you could do to save them was to kill their potential killer I don't think that's a sin either.

"There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace." - Ecclesiastes 3:1-9​

Yes God hates Sin, the Bible also says all have fallen short of the glory of the lord.

Abortion is wrong.
So is RAPE,INCEST and dare I say it,unwanted pregnancy.WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS ON THAT THEN.theliq always asking the hard questions:clap2:

Rape as Sin is the burden of the person who carried it out, it might effect the victims judgement but it is the rapist who was wrong.
If impregnated by a rapist it is still wrong to abort the child, it was not the childs fault for coming into this world, God must have wanted it and as mere humans we can't fully understand God.
If the people are willing, well medical science has created things to help stop unwanted pregnancy, it was there responsibility to use protection and obviously they failed to do so. So in that case it is still wrong. Of course if they weren't married that's a whole another Sin.

Incest is disgusting.
The Bible seems to have mixed feelings about incest as a good some of the early Hebrews where all about getting it on with their close relatives.

I'm guessing that you're a female who would be okay with carrying a baby to term, after a night of terror....like a man holding a knife to your throat or a gun to your head; and perhaps trying to kill you afterward, but you somehow escape? And everytime you feel that baby kick, you will have a memory of that night. And I don't think that anti-anxiety medications are approved for during pregnancy use.

Abortion is wrong.

WAR, is wrong.
LYING, is wrong.
GOSSIPING, is wrong.
ARROGANCE, is wrong.
GLUTTONY, is wrong.

Killing is wrong. However I don't think it is wrong to kill during self defense. If your a medic in the military and a person tries to kill you I don't think it's a sin to kill them first.
If you witness those Muslim children dieing and all you could do to save them was to kill their potential killer I don't think that's a sin either.

"There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace." - Ecclesiastes 3:1-9​

Yes God hates Sin, the Bible also says all have fallen short of the glory of the lord.

Yes, St. Paul said: There is no one righteous; no, not one.

I fail to see where Ecclesiastes has any bearing on this discussion.
God hates ALL sin. ALL of it. Why do you think that he supposedly forgives inmates on death row?

So to constantly pound your fist against ONE sin, where there are MANY others.

Here's something to ponder on:

Behold, the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, are crying out against you, and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts.

James 5:4

Now, while that definitely has some bearing in the time that it was written, would it not pertain to now, as well

Or how about this one:

1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

2Timothy Chapter 3:1-5

Was that during historical times....or now?

Abortion is wrong.

Incest is disgusting.
"Impregnated by a Rapist,it is still wrong to ABORT".....Putting it very kindly Azrael,YOU ARE A FUCKING CRETIN,"THE BIBLE HAS MIXED FEELINGS".....!!!!!!!Putting it not so kindly,Azrael YOU ARE WORST THAN A CRETIN."EARLY HEWBREWS WHERE(YOU MEAN WERE)ALL ABOUT GETTING IT ON(YOU MEAN RAPING AND FUCKING)THEIR CLOSE RELATIVES(YOU MEAN DAUGHTERS)".....putting it unkindly......YOU ARE A ****.

I live in a developed careing society,where we respect women,and it is a womans choice and decision what she does with HER body.........Now piss of back 3000 years to whence you came. I'm not impressed with this garbage..:eusa_hand:..theliq :evil:Please excuse my language but this Azael is just toooooo much,even for a patient soul like myself.

Last edited:
I don't know, but he'd hate the pretend party of G-d

If you don't know, why don't you find out?

So what is she to do? Is she to sit on a mountaintop for a month and wait for a revelation from God? I'm not sure what you're asking here.

Sorry, Jillian, I can only assume that you are referring to the party that is obsessed with guns, God, and gays? Are you speaking of those who only vote on those subjects without looking at the bigger picture-like some of the serious problems that we have going on in the US right now? It's pretty frightening.

It's like the rock and pebble analogy I've seen demonstrated. You have several large rocks and serveral small pebbles. When you try to empty all the pebbles into the glass jar, the big rocks don't fit. But when you place all the big rocks in first, the pebbles pour in smoothly and find a place, in the small crevices around the large rocks.

I think that the same holds true, here.

Incest is disgusting.
"Impregnated by a Rapist,it is still wrong to ABORT".....Putting it very kindly Azrael,YOU ARE A FUCKING CRETIN,"THE BIBLE HAS MIXED FEELINGS".....!!!!!!!Putting it not so kindly,Azrael YOU ARE WORST THAN A CRETIN."EARLY HEWBREWS WHERE(YOU MEAN WERE)ALL ABOUT GETTING IT ON(YOU MEAN RAPING AND FUCKING)THEIR CLOSE RELATIVES(YOU MEAN DAUGHTERS)".....putting it unkindly......YOU ARE A ****.

I live in a developed careing society,where we respect women,and it is a womans choice and decision what she does with HER body.........Now piss of back 3000 years to whence you came. I'm not impressed with this garbage..:eusa_hand:..theliq :evil:Please excuse my language but this Azael is just toooooo much,even for a patient soul like myself.

We don't know for certain, but we can only assume that most of the people who hold this view, have not had this experience. Those who've never had it happen to them, or to a family member, have NO idea what an emotional toll this takes on the individual who was vicitimized.

My sister was raped, when she was 19. I was 15 at the time, and saw the trauma the she went through...right down to the bastard being acquitted, because of her history of promiscuity...so she was somehow "asking for it."

It's my belief that those who haven't experienced it....men that is, should have to experience the same thing. And we know what method would be used.

Incest is disgusting.

Well Lots daughters got em drunk n F-ed em caused they thought the world ended!
That's still rape, those women got their father drunk enough so they could have sex with em. Do you think Lot should have punched his daughters in the stomach after they got pregnant? R are you saying women have more rights than men? Lot was the victim in that bible story not his daughters what do you have to say about that?

Just because she can make her own choices doesn't change the fact that it's wrong.
Any one can make their own choices it's called free will, You could go out and blow a persons head off. Does that mean you should do it? Hell NO!
Free will is not affected by the law you have free will either way.

I do not think abortion should be illegalized but it is wrong, I can not stop you from going out and choosing to do some thing that isn't right. Nor would I want to force my will upon some one else.

Incest is disgusting.

Well Lots daughters got em drunk n F-ed em caused they thought the world ended!
That's still rape, those women got their father drunk enough so they could have sex with em. Do you think Lot should have punched his daughters in the stomach after they got pregnant? R are you saying women have more rights than men? Lot was the victim in that bible story not his daughters what do you have to say about that?

Just because she can make her own choices doesn't change the fact that it's wrong.
Any one can make their own choices it's called free will, You could go out and blow a persons head off. Does that mean you should do it? Hell NO!
Free will is not affected by the law you have free will either way.

I do not think abortion should be illegalized but it is wrong, I can not stop you from going out and choosing to do some thing that isn't right. Nor would I want to force my will upon some one else.

Well, that first paragraph was rather bizarre, even though I'm going to assume you were talking about the equally bizarre parts of the bible where people engaged in intercourse with their family members. But the last paragraph is quite reasonable. I don't like to force my beliefs on someone else, either. Could I get an abortion due to my own irresponsibility? No. If I chose to have spontaneous sex with a man, ended up pregnant, and then decided that it was a pregnancy of inconvenience-that's my own fault. And if one doesn't want that child, SOMEONE else (who cannot for whatever reason cannot have children) would gladly take that baby. As I've heard it said: "You never know.....that individual (who might have been aborted) may find a cure for cancer, AIDS, or crack the code of another medical mystery, or MAYBE, work out peace between the countries of the Middle East. One never knows.

But rape and incest....completely different kettle of fish. Especially if it was a violent rape.

Not all women that get abortion are liberals.
Abortion is not a liberal policy.
Non government intrusion into the private health matters of citizens is about as conservative as it gets.

Abortion isn't a liberal policy. Women's right to choose is.

But

"Let him die".

"People are corporations my friend"

"I like to fire people"

"I don't think about the poor"

"Applauding executions"

are things I'm pretty sure Jesus wouldn't approve of. What say you?

Jews were commanded to kill all males. Save all virgins. They were all to be Gang Raped. Many were babies. Next step was to kill them also. So the Holy Bible saves us from troubling our minds what God would do to the born children. web.mac.com/ditliebfelderer

If you think Christ would approve of today's liberal policies ...

Why would you think abortion a ‘liberal’ policy – restricting government in the context of the right to privacy was a conservative tenet, Goldwater supported the right to privacy and abortion accordingly, until conservatives lost their way.

Are you of the opinion that Christ would favor today's liberals' policies? With social welfare programs relying heavily on government-directed spending of citizens' money.

Why would you think responsible governance a ‘liberal’ policy? It’s perfectly appropriate in a modern, First World, industrialized Nation for its citizens to contribute to the upkeep and needs of society – whether it be road and bridge repair, the educating of the Nation’s children, or protecting the health and safety of the members of that society, it’s all the responsibility of a modern government, having nothing to do with partisan politics or ideology.

Jesus would certainly approve of that society caring for its most vulnerable citizens, as private/non-profit entities wouldn’t be able to provide comprehensive, consistent care.

Jesus did not speak in terms of 'society', He spoke in terms of individuals. Society is not 'saved', society does not go to heaven, individuals do. I do not think it would matter to Him one whit what 'society' as a whole does or does not do. He looks in each individual heart and each individual's actions to see what there is to judge. If you're looking to society's actions to save you, then you are lost. He doesn't care about man's laws, only God's laws.

Not all women that get abortion are liberals.
Abortion is not a liberal policy.
Non government intrusion into the private health matters of citizens is about as conservative as it gets.

You might have a point if the killing of a baby were a 'private health matter', it's not.

Forum List

Back