If you think Christ would approve of today's liberal policies ...

Not all women that get abortion are liberals.
Abortion is not a liberal policy.
Non government intrusion into the private health matters of citizens is about as conservative as it gets.

You might have a point if the killing of a baby were a 'private health matter', it's not.

Then how come doctors claim "it was in the best interest of the health of the mother" 100% of the time for cash when abortion was "illegal"?
What we always end up with is abortion is a private health matter.
I oppose it but name a law that stops it and does something other than allow it for 80% of the women and force the other 20% to have their babies they do not want and do not know how to care for it.
Name a law, as I am all ears.
Abortion is not a liberal policy and those that suggest it is are about as dumb as it gets.
Doctors give abortions and no law stops them no matter what. They always have an out.
Real world, please join us and face the realities thus allowing us to spend 100% of our time educating and encouraging all women NOT to have abortions.
The force by government way has been proven NOT TO WORK.
Of course those that love big government will always want to go that route no matter the fact it does not and will never work.

... do you think Christ would approve of abortions?

Abortion isn't a liberal policy. Women's right to choose is.

But

"Let him die".

"People are corporations my friend"

"I like to fire people"

"I don't think about the poor"

"Applauding executions"

are things I'm pretty sure Jesus wouldn't approve of. What say you?
AND DON'T LET HIM BECOME THE BANE OF YOUR LIVES<PLEASE.steven,good post rdean:clap2::clap2:

No not at all, (i.e. would jesus approve of abortion). However if mom's life was in danger I would rather place that decision in Gods hands. Its a tough tough TOUGH question! So is when mom is raped etc. What I find personally repulsive and gets my jockeys in a wad is abortions for convenience, or default birth control. I just can not get my mind around that. Jesus would condemn those kinds of abortions I am as sure as I can be.

KJV Matt 18:6

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

revb

Didn't God kill the first born of Egypt?

Woooooo! Damn! Good one! Rightwinger is on his game tonight. Didn't even think of that one!

No he's not.

He didn't snuff out anything still in the womb.

And recall, he gave advanced warning of it's coming and a chance to avoid that outcome.

Yes indeed! The responsibility for those deaths fell on those that did not believe that God was more powerful than the God King of Egypt. Here is a link that describes the event fully ; What type of God would kill the first-born of Egypt? | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

I am rev big and I approve that site~ ha ha

revb

Doubt Jesus would get involved with any government, especially to express his opinion. The last time it didn't turn out well for him.

Besides, I doubt Jesus would or could understand much about day-to-day life in this country in the 21st Century, much less fathom the murky waters of the American political system. Most Americans don't have the foggiest notion about it either.

Oh and by the way, not everyone in the U.S. believes Jesus Christ is the Savior or the son of God, making his opinion rather moot. And here's another big News Flash - the founding fathers were not Christians, so it follows that this country was not founded on it's teachings or beliefs.

Christians have a really difficult time with that concept because they keep insisting that it was. Of course, finding out the truth would require reading something on the subject, which I'm sure would be out of the question.

Non government intrusion into the private health matters of citizens is about as conservative as it gets.

Thank you! I'm not sure why abortion has become synonymous with liberalism. I guess some of the biggest media whores (and I don't mean that in a sexual way) who were pro-choice, were liberal.

It is a private matter, and thus should be a private decision.

Don't buy into it. Not every liberal agrees with abortion. Just like, not every conservative is obsessed with what GROWN men and women do in their bedrooms.

You might have a point if the killing of a baby were a 'private health matter', it's not.

Then how come doctors claim "it was in the best interest of the health of the mother" 100% of the time for cash when abortion was "illegal"?
What we always end up with is abortion is a private health matter.
I oppose it but name a law that stops it and does something other than allow it for 80% of the women and force the other 20% to have their babies they do not want and do not know how to care for it.
Name a law, as I am all ears.
Abortion is not a liberal policy and those that suggest it is are about as dumb as it gets.
Doctors give abortions and no law stops them no matter what. They always have an out.
Real world, please join us and face the realities thus allowing us to spend 100% of our time educating and encouraging all women NOT to have abortions.
The force by government way has been proven NOT TO WORK.
Of course those that love big government will always want to go that route no matter the fact it does not and will never work.

There was always the "wire coathanger method", when there were no other means.
Again, if it was my own irresponsibility that got me pregnant, I personally could not get an abortion. But I just don't think that I could stand out on the road with a sign, and tell people what they should and shouldn't be doing. I don't personally agree with it in that instance, because again-someone would GLADLY take that baby, if you don't want it.

I do have a family member who got an abortion, when she was about 20. Her reason-she'd been using heroin, crack-cocaine, and drinking, heavily, when she found out she was expecting. She regrets that decision, and has two grown girls now. I think that her decision was based on fear. I don't think it was selfishness. She was afraid that she'd done irreversible damage to the fetus.

Perhaps if she were faced with the same situation, she would make a different decision.

Jews were commanded to kill all males. Save all virgins. They were all to be Gang Raped. Many were babies. Next step was to kill them also. So the Holy Bible saves us from troubling our minds what God would do to the born children. web.mac.com/ditliebfelderer
!!!!!!!!!!!tl

Didn't God kill the first born of Egypt?

Woooooo! Damn! Good one! Rightwinger is on his game tonight. Didn't even think of that one!

No he's not.

He didn't snuff out anything still in the womb.

And recall, he gave advanced warning of it's coming and a chance to avoid that outcome.

Right, he didn't snuff anything still in the womb. That made it a LOT easier (emotionally) on the mothers. Losing a toddler is much easier. (sarcasm) Apparently, you got something totally different from rightwinger's post, than I did.

Yes, I've read the story of the plagues. I'm trying to remember where God warned that he was going to kill the Egyptians' firstborn. Now, every plague increased in intensity and he continuously demanded, "Let my people go." But were the Egyptians told of the sign of the Passover-how to avoid the slaughter? I'll have to go back and read.

I feel an insult coming with this post. A "Christian" will call me an idiot or moron.

'Abortion' is not a 'liberal policy.' The freedom of personal choice... Is.

I don't believe in the divinity of Jesus, and in fact I've read compelling evidence that casts doubt on whether the historical figure even existed. But if we were to take it in context of the gospels, yes, I think both Jesus and God would want people to have free will.

Ya know, for God so loved us and all that noise.

And we should be unanimous in stating that he wouldn't want you or anyone "casting stones..." :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

'Abortion' is not a 'liberal policy.' The freedom of personal choice... Is.

I don't believe in the divinity of Jesus, and in fact I've read compelling evidence that casts doubt on whether the historical figure even existed. But if we were to take it in context of the gospels, yes, I think both Jesus and God would want people to have free will.

Ya know, for God so loved us and all that noise.

And we should be unanimous in stating that he wouldn't want you or anyone "casting stones..." :eusa_whistle:

After he told the scribes and Pharisees, "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her", he told the adulteress to "go, and sin no more."

Just because he didn't think people should be condemned to death for sexual transgressions, that didn't mean he approved of the act.

Last edited:

Would he approve of forcing a woman to have the child and then walking away and leaving them on their own?

Would he approve of leaders who say the poor are like dogs. If you feed them they will "breed".

Would he approve of what right wingers say about the poor?

Would he call corporations "people"?

I suspect he would hate the party of "let him die". Hint, those aren't "liberals".

Would he approve of forcing a woman to have the child and then walking away and leaving them on their own?

Would he approve of leaders who say the poor are like dogs. If you feed them they will "breed".

Would he approve of what right wingers say about the poor?

Would he call corporations "people"?

I suspect he would hate the party of "let him die". Hint, those aren't "liberals".

That didn't answer the question in the OP but thanks for playing.

The Bible says that God the Father himself molded that little child, His little child while it resided in the womb. That's how he knows how many hairs are on our heads. He put them there.
God even gives it it's very own DNA. I think He put that child there for a purpose. There was something that child was suppose to do while it was here, and we bring that purpose to an abrupt halt when we abort the child.

Are you of the opinion that Christ would favor today's liberals' policies? With social welfare programs relying heavily on government-directed spending of citizens' money.

Romans 13:1-7

New King James Version (NKJV)

Submit to Government

13 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.

2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves.
3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same.
4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.
5 Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience’ sake.
6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God’s ministers attending continually to this very thing.
7 Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor.

I don't think Christ would approve of people having abortions but He would forgive them for doing such....

Just as He forgave the adulteress that was about to be stoned to death by her male accusers....where He challenged her accusers with, 'let he who is without sin, cast the first stone'....after all, Christ told the adulteress that her 'sins were forgiven', (this was BEFORE she was even asked to repent), before He told her 'now go, and sin no more....'

Whether legal or not legal, makes no difference to Him...it's the individual that has the 'free will'...(given to them by their Creator). The individual who chooses to sin or not sin, abort or not abort, have premarital sex or not have sex, take birth control or not take birth control etc.... irregardless of the government's laws....or the Church's laws....

similar to 'guns don't kill, people do'.....people make decisions for themselves when Christ walked the Earth, and they do the same now....

I don't think Christ would approve of alot of things.

It might be nice if all of Christians started caring more about what things He did approve and disapprove of in our lives. We need to be doing better if we hope to save this nation.

The Bible says that God the Father himself molded that little child, His little child while it resided in the womb. That's how he knows how many hairs are on our heads. He put them there.
God even gives it it's very own DNA. I think He put that child there for a purpose. There was something that child was suppose to do while it was here, and we bring that purpose to an abrupt halt when we abort the child.

Are you of the opinion that Christ would favor today's liberals' policies? With social welfare programs relying heavily on government-directed spending of citizens' money.
i believe Christ would NOT be against a government feeding the needy or helping the infirmed... no where, absolutely no where in the Bible does Christ speak AGAINST a government that did such.....a gvt that took care of the neediest, the sick, the elderly, etc.

I welcome anyone to show me scripture where Christ spoke against such....

Forum List

Back