Non-Christian acting Christians say Obama no Christian

R

rdean

How many times are poor people mentioned in the Bible?

How many times does it say in the Bible to help poor people?

I never, ever heard a bunch of Christians insisting another Christian is NOT a Christian.

I never heard of a Christian Religious leader praying for the death of another Christian.

I didn't know that praying for death could attract other Christians.

Strange times.

A Phoenix-area pastor has started to draw protesters to his congregation after he delivered a sermon titled, "Why I Hate Barack Obama," and told his parishioners that he prays for President Obama's death.

Phoenix Pastor Draws Protests After Telling Church He Prays For Obama's Death | Fox News

Guess this isn't something Christians want to discuss.

Since when have you actively listened to Christian leaders?

BTW to answer your questions:

The poor are mentioned 199 times in the KJV.

And Christ points out that there are things more important than helping the poor. Not that we shouldn't. He very much encourages it, but He encourages us not to neglect the weightier matters of the law. There is a time and place for all things.

Of course, the scriptural discussion of the poor is irrelevant to the rest of your post.

And Christ points out that there are things more important than helping the poor. Not that we shouldn't. He very much encourages it, but He encourages us not to neglect the weightier matters of the law. There is a time and place for all things.

Of course, the scriptural discussion of the poor is irrelevant to the rest of your post.

Whats more important than helping the poor?
Give me a Bible verse please.

I find it funny that the guy who has spent most of the time he has been on this board mocking religion in general and Christianity in particular now sets himself up as the authority on the religion in opposition to those who actually actively believe and practice that faith.
There's a lot of that going on around these parts.

I think the reason people don't believe that Obama is a Christian, because of the dogma of the church he attended in Chicago, remember, "God damn America" and it's association with Muslim leaders. It's Oprah's church now too.
He refused to acknowledge the National Day of Prayer. But celebrates Ramadan. He did go to a prayer breakfast recently, because he's campaigning again. He got rid of the leader of Egypt, who maintained a treaty with Israel, in favor of radical Islam who wants to kill everyone in Israel.
He insulted the leader of Israel.
And he is the only President I have ever heard of that insisted that Notre Dame and Georgetown remove all crosses or drape them while he is in the building.

Last edited:
I find it funny that the guy who has spent most of the time he has been on this board mocking religion in general and Christianity in particular now sets himself up as the authority on the religion in opposition to those who actually actively believe and practice that faith.

You are so full of shit your eyes are brown.

There is a difference mocking those who will believe in magical creation over science when one has so much evidence and the other doesn't.

American right wing Christians mock their own religion when they say things like, "There are many more important things than helping the poor".

I think the reason people don't believe that Obama is a Christian, because of the dogma of the church he attended in Chicago, remember, "God damn America" and it's association with Muslim leaders. It's Oprah's church now too.
He refused to acknowledge the National Day of Prayer. But celebrates Ramadan. He did go to a prayer breakfast recently, because he's campaigning again. He got rid of the leader of Egypt, who maintained a treaty with Israel, in favor of radical Islam who wants to kill everyone in Israel.
And he is the only President I have ever heard of that insisted that Notre Dame and Georgetown remove all crosses or drape them while he is in the building.

Mitt has his own sound bytes.

Not concerned about the very poor.

Corporations are people my friend.

I like to fire people.

Then when you put it in context, he's not really saying exactly that.

Like Wright. Who is saying that "God Damn America" is what will happen if we don't follow Biblical scripture. Which, of course, is about what 99% of American Christian Evangelicals believe. But leaving all that other stuff out is not the same as "bearing false witness". Or is it?

I never, ever heard a bunch of Christians insisting another Christian is NOT a Christian.

I never heard of a Christian Religious leader praying for the death of another Christian.

Strange times.

A Phoenix-area pastor has started to draw protesters to his congregation after he delivered a sermon titled, "Why I Hate Barack Obama," and told his parishioners that he prays for President Obama's death.

Phoenix Pastor Draws Protests After Telling Church He Prays For Obama's Death | Fox News

It doesn't make any difference...Christians don't even know what's in the new testament, much less live the way they are instructed to. Obama doesn't believe that 2000 year old fairy tale any more than I do but I won't hold it against him for politici ing religion....all the Republicans do it.

Strange times.

It doesn't make any difference...Christians don't even know what's in the new testament, much less live the way they are instructed to. Obama doesn't believe that 2000 year old fairy tale any more than I do but I won't hold it against him for politici ing religion....all the Republicans do it.

I understand this point of view, it seems the only way to be a a democrat or republican supporter in 2012 is if you don't care that the people you vote for are liars.

Last edited:

Strange times.

So it's ok with you that Obama is a liar....i see.
So if he lies about this, you can be sure the majority of crap that comes out of his mouth is a lie too. But since you hate Christians so much, i can see how this would be ok with you. You're a hypocrite.....same as Obama.
Most Christians will see right through this though and just laugh in his face...

Strange times.

You've never heard some Christians say that Romney's not a Christian? Wow. You so need to read more.

There's a large bunch of Christians who say Catholics aren't Christians either.... but I guess it's only important when someone criticizes your Messiah.

Whats more important than helping the poor?
Give me a Bible verse please.

Mark Chapter 14, verses 3-7

3And being in Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, as he sat at meat, there came a woman having an alabaster box of ointment of spikenard very precious; and she brake the box, and poured it on his head.

4And there were some that had indignation within themselves, and said, Why was this waste of the ointment made?

5For it might have been sold for more than three hundred pence, and have been given to the poor. And they murmured against her.

6And Jesus said, Let her alone; why trouble ye her? she hath wrought a good work on me.

7For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not always.

obama is fashioning himself as the spiritual leader of the nation and his spiritual beliefs come straight from Jerimiah Wright's black liberation theology. I don't need obama to tell me what makes a good Christian and it is patently offensive for him to do so.

Deano, contrary to what you would like to be true, most of us don't care what religion the President is or isn't.

What we do know is that he failed at mixing a prayer breakfast in with politics.........

But you go ahead and forgive him that little trespass........

Strange times.

So if he lies about this, you can be sure the majority of crap that comes out of his mouth is a lie too. But since you hate Christians so much, i can see how this would be ok with you. You're a hypocrite.....same as Obama.
Most Christians will see right through this though and just laugh in his face...

You should get more used to him. If the economy continues to move the way it has during January he will be the president for four more years....actually a few days shy of five.

You should get more used to him. If the economy continues to move the way it has during January he will be the president for four more years....actually a few days shy of five.

We have almost 10 more months....a lot can happen in that time.

Strange times.

Funny thing, I have heard of those things.

Why are you so shocked, Christians suppose to have standards, and if they see someone behaving in the most turn of the stomach type of way, they exclaim "S/He is not a Christian!"

They do this to child molestating priests, serial rapists and murderers/cannibals.

Which brings me to an old question--How do you tell if someone is or is not christian. I always thought if you believe in the New Testament and accept Jesus as your lord and savior Then you are a christian regardless of what dispicable sin you've commit.

Strange times.

Funny thing, I have heard of those things.

Why are you so shocked, Christians suppose to have standards, and if they see someone behaving in the most turn of the stomach type of way, they exclaim "S/He is not a Christian!"

They do this to child molestating priests, serial rapists and murderers/cannibals.

Which brings me to an old question--How do you tell if someone is or is not christian. I always thought if you believe in the New Testament and accept Jesus as your lord and savior Then you are a christian regardless of what dispicable sin you've commit.

JAMES 2:

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Forum List

Back