If you think Christ would approve of today's liberal policies ...

The Bible says that God the Father himself molded that little child, His little child while it resided in the womb. That's how he knows how many hairs are on our heads. He put them there.
God even gives it it's very own DNA. I think He put that child there for a purpose. There was something that child was suppose to do while it was here, and we bring that purpose to an abrupt halt when we abort the child.

Are you of the opinion that Christ would favor today's liberals' policies? With social welfare programs relying heavily on government-directed spending of citizens' money.
i believe Christ would NOT be against a government feeding the needy or helping the infirmed... no where, absolutely no where in the Bible does Christ speak AGAINST a government that did such.....a gvt that took care of the neediest, the sick, the elderly, etc.

I welcome anyone to show me scripture where Christ spoke against such....

My question to Irish Ram was just to ascertain whether he met the condition in my subject line, or if he was responding from a more conservative vantage point. Sometimes folks weigh in even when not the target audience. I wasn't familiar with Irish Ram's political leanings so I was checking.

Last edited:
The Bible says that God the Father himself molded that little child, His little child while it resided in the womb. That's how he knows how many hairs are on our heads. He put them there.
God even gives it it's very own DNA. I think He put that child there for a purpose. There was something that child was suppose to do while it was here, and we bring that purpose to an abrupt halt when we abort the child.

Are you of the opinion that Christ would favor today's liberals' policies? With social welfare programs relying heavily on government-directed spending of citizens' money.
i believe Christ would NOT be against a government feeding the needy or helping the infirmed... no where, absolutely no where in the Bible does Christ speak AGAINST a government that did such.....a gvt that took care of the neediest, the sick, the elderly, etc.

"Thou shalt not steal" Ex. 20:15

"Thou shalt not steal" Ex. 20:15
it's NOT stealing....that's an outright lie. Taxes in this country are not stealing, PERIOD....and if they were.... as you ''righties claim'' then Christ supported stealing when he told the pharisees to ''give unto caesar's, what is his'''.....

so, i'd think twice before you continue to pass along that ''lie'' Avatar....

plus tithings of various sorts were required taxes for the Jews of the time....that's why they were upset that they had to pay these ''taxes'' or tithing requirements to their jewish leaders/gvt AND also pay roman taxes to caesar....

Last edited:
So is RAPE,INCEST and dare I say it,unwanted pregnancy.WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS ON THAT THEN.theliq always asking the hard questions:clap2:

Rape as Sin is the burden of the person who carried it out, it might effect the victims judgement but it is the rapist who was wrong.
If impregnated by a rapist it is still wrong to abort the child, it was not the childs fault for coming into this world, God must have wanted it and as mere humans we can't fully understand God.
If the people are willing, well medical science has created things to help stop unwanted pregnancy, it was there responsibility to use protection and obviously they failed to do so. So in that case it is still wrong. Of course if they weren't married that's a whole another Sin.

Incest is disgusting.
The Bible seems to have mixed feelings about incest as a good some of the early Hebrews where all about getting it on with their close relatives.
"Impregnated by a Rapist,it is still wrong to ABORT".....Putting it very kindly Azrael,YOU ARE A FUCKING CRETIN,"THE BIBLE HAS MIXED FEELINGS".....!!!!!!!Putting it not so kindly,Azrael YOU ARE WORST THAN A CRETIN."EARLY HEWBREWS WHERE(YOU MEAN WERE)ALL ABOUT GETTING IT ON(YOU MEAN RAPING AND FUCKING)THEIR CLOSE RELATIVES(YOU MEAN DAUGHTERS)".....putting it unkindly......YOU ARE A C.

I live in a developed careing society,where we respect women,and it is a womans choice and decision what she does with HER body.........Now piss of back 3000 years to whence you came. I'm not impressed with this garbage..:eusa_hand:..theliq :evil:Please excuse my language but this Azael is just toooooo much,even for a patient soul like myself.
Its True

My question to Irish Ram was just to ascertain whether he met the condition in my subject line, or if he was responding from a more conservative vantage point. Sometimes folks weigh in even when not the target audience. I wasn't familiar with Irish Ram's political leanings so I was checking.

Hi, I just saw this. I was responding in the conservative. I don't think Christ would aprove of much we do. I may need to change my name to Irish Ewe. I'm a girl. :) The Irish Ram was the name of one of the paddle wheel boats my ancestor's owned.

If I answered in the ultra conservative if Christ would approve of liberal politics, I'd say, "I don't know, He can't stop gaging long enough to tell us."

Doubt Jesus would get involved with any government, especially to express his opinion. The last time it didn't turn out well for him.

With all due respect, that is a wrong assessment my friend. Jesus knew his destiny in the world*, the 'last time' it turned out very well for Christendom! He changed our world and the result today is his two billion Christians and risking argument I believe that the Islamic movement would not have 1.9 billion Muslims if not for his part in Islamic belief. Without being martyred (the strongest political statement in history) he would just of been another Jewish mystic and miracle worker (there were many).

Besides, I doubt Jesus would or could understand much about day-to-day life in this country in the 21st Century, much less fathom the murky waters of the American political system. Most Americans don't have the foggiest notion about it either.

He however did know his destiny and his legacy. You assume no divine aspects to Jesus it seems, which is your right. However I would say that without the USA Israel might not exist. God said Israel would be revived and it was. I am a Christian Zionist, which means I believe the USA exist in large part to protect Israel. So we are diametrically opposed in our beliefs.

Oh and by the way, not everyone in the U.S. believes Jesus Christ is the Savior or the son of God, making his opinion rather moot.

You are joking right? Over 70% of the USA population (read that as VOTING POWER) DO believe that Jesus was the son of God and that Israel and the Jewish people are Gods chosen people. So the point is far from moot, as you say. In fact the Christian vote and the desires of those voters translates into the USA doing Gods will on earth. In other words we Christians VIA God are transforming the supernatural desire of God into real events on earth! Exciting stuff. And I should say Christians everywhere should get far more involved in politics. If every Christian voted our power would be crushing and nearly infinitely influential, in other words we could control Israels fate even more than we do today. Being able to direct and mold the destiny and therefore the world is what we should strive for, anything less is failure.

And here's another big News Flash - the founding fathers were not Christians, so it follows that this country was not founded on it's teachings or beliefs.

With all due respect (and its wearing thin being ablated by constant anti christian comments etc) you make another unfounded erroneous assumption. Where are you getting your facts? I have provided proof to rebut your unfounded speculations (below).

Christians have a really difficult time with that concept because they keep insisting that it was. Of course, finding out the truth would require reading something on the subject, which I'm sure would be out of the question.

First blanket statements are almost always borne from ignorance. I would ask that you provide some evidence for your anti Christian claims. Personally speaking, I hold an MA in comparative religion (Christianity) with emphasis on the Near East affairs. I had semester DAYS of required study concerning the founding of the USA. With that said it seems to me that it is the anti christian ie malicious activist atheists that should bring their scopes monkey trial opinion of Christians into the present moment. In fact I find many activist atheists undereducated, especially when it comes to what they fear most; Anything concerning Christianity and even more they truly fear Christianity and its role in political issues.

Anyway, even though your posts are critically lacking evidences to support your purely assumptive statements, I will provide some evidence for my claims. Its evident that our country was founded by Christians (which I take artistic licences to include all religious beliefs which embrace the Hebrew God) . Now I am not claiming that a hand full of the USA’s founders such as Benjamin Franklin and maybe Thomas Jefferson were devout Christians or Christians at all. That said they were well Bible literate and by and large held to the moral and philosophical wisdom of Christianity. Have a look at the colonial charters which in nearly every case cited the glory of God and the advancement of Christianity as their motivation,. Or one of our most precious documents ie the Declaration of Independence. Phrases and concepts such as “the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God” and our Creator as the source of our rights and appeals are highly indicative that Christianity was a motivating power in the creation of said documents! There are the references “to the Supreme Judge of the world” and the claim that “a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence,” to the U.S. Constitution which acknowledges the Christian worldview and even the Christian day of worship cries out that our nation was founded on Christian principles. In my years defending the truism of USA being founded and influenced in its founding by Christian principles I have yet to see an rational argument against it! This reply is already nearly book length so I will not take the time to express the literally mountain of evidence that our USA was founded and built on Judeo-Christian bedrock. However for the doubters that have retained the ability to think clearly with an open critical mind I suggest and hope you will access the sites and reading material ( Democracy in America,)* I offer as further proof that the USA was founded on Judeo-Christian principles.

* Note; the unabridged version of 'Democracy in America' is superior. If you ever doubted the ‘USA’s Christian DNA’ you will be knocked out of your knickers~ eh?

http://www.dakotavoice.com/tag/christian-heritage/

Democracy in America

revb

Last edited:
EXCERPT OF DISCUSSION >>>
Yes, I've read the story of the plagues. I'm trying to remember where God warned that he was going to kill the Egyptians' firstborn. Now, every plague increased in intensity and he continuously demanded, "Let my people go." But were the Egyptians told of the sign of the Passover-how to avoid the slaughter? I'll have to go back and read. I feel an insult coming with this post. A "Christian" will call me an idiot or moron.<<<<<

This site explains how and why God went on a sortie;

Was God being evil when He killed all - A Christian Thinktank
christianthinktank.com/killheir.html
Was God being evil when He killed all the firstborn in Egypt? ..... infants had been killed by Pharaoh in the on-going infanticide program. ... He was CLEARLY warned—after nine previously confirmed announcements/experiences of plagues!

http://christianthinktank.com/killheir.html

Reva

Woooooo! Damn! Good one! Rightwinger is on his game tonight. Didn't even think of that one!

No he's not.

He didn't snuff out anything still in the womb.

And recall, he gave advanced warning of it's coming and a chance to avoid that outcome.

Right, he didn't snuff anything still in the womb. That made it a LOT easier (emotionally) on the mothers. Losing a toddler is much easier. (sarcasm) Apparently, you got something totally different from rightwinger's post, than I did.

Yes, I've read the story of the plagues. I'm trying to remember where God warned that he was going to kill the Egyptians' firstborn. Now, every plague increased in intensity and he continuously demanded, "Let my people go." But were the Egyptians told of the sign of the Passover-how to avoid the slaughter? I'll have to go back and read.

I feel an insult coming with this post. A "Christian" will call me an idiot or moron.

I'm not a christian.

Ignorance of what occurred, per the torah, is not being a moron or an idiot.

comparing the two, is.

If you think Christ would approve of today's liberal policies ...
... do you think Christ would approve of abortions?

Why would you think abortion a ‘liberal’ policy – restricting government in the context of the right to privacy was a conservative tenet, Goldwater supported the right to privacy and abortion accordingly, until conservatives lost their way.

Why would you think responsible governance a ‘liberal’ policy? It’s perfectly appropriate in a modern, First World, industrialized Nation for its citizens to contribute to the upkeep and needs of society – whether it be road and bridge repair, the educating of the Nation’s children, or protecting the health and safety of the members of that society, it’s all the responsibility of a modern government, having nothing to do with partisan politics or ideology.

Jesus would certainly approve of that society caring for its most vulnerable citizens, as private/non-profit entities wouldn’t be able to provide comprehensive, consistent care.

So you change the subject because you can't defend abortion.

In his day Jesus was as liberal, under the definitions of what one would be today, as anyone could be in those times.
Jesus was a radical.

I do not think Christ would approve of most things humans do.
Cons and libs both.

Would he have supported invading Iraq?
Would he support the stuporbowl?
Would he support texting while driving?

Would he even support the US Constitution?

Last edited:
Taxation is stealing when it's used by the politicians to by votes and glut themselves on the people's labor.

Cons and libs both.

The one that makes me want to puke the most is the right wing Christian Santorum supporters claiming that Jesus was conservative and God backs a certain political agenda.

Taxation is stealing when it's used by the politicians to by votes and glut themselves on the people's labor.

so if we do away with corporate taxes, the minimum wage, unions, labor laws the corporations would not glut themselves on the labor of others?

The Bible also says that God said he knew us BEFORE he put us in the womb. That means he also created your soul.

Cons and libs both.

Would he even support the US Constitution?

Jesus wore red and black and sometimes on game day silver britches.
Don't know if he would have liked the pro game but he definitely is a Georgia fan.
Anti God folk are Gator fans.

The Bible also says that God said he knew us BEFORE he put us in the womb. That means he also created your soul.

No, Chinks make soles.

And Marvel Comics says....

I don't know about abortion, but he apparently had no problem with infanticide. At any rate it was a common practice in his time, and he never said a word against it.

Forum List

Back