If you dont have to work and raise your kids why is that a bad thing

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Georgia
I am a proud SAHM . I worked off an on when I needed or wanted too. I baby sat to make end meets and I am not ashamed. When DH and decided to have to children we wanted US to raise them and not a day care or some stranger. If anyone who should be ashamed is outsourcing their kids for their own financial gain!!!.. HURTS doesnt it..

Its not a bad thing, but the difference is you are a mooch....

Why am I mooch because I wanted to raise my kids and not hand them over to strangers. Ifyou think that is mooch.. How do you enjoy your food stamps MOOCHER!!!

YOu know a marriage is a partnership which works for us.. Worked so far 25 years. Most of the time I was a single parent because he was on 6 to 9 month deployments. I had my second son while he was out to sea . Until you walked a mile in my shoes I suggest you shut the fuck up

Last edited:

Why am I mooch because I wanted to raise my kids and not hand them over to strangers. Ifyou think that is mooch.. How do you enjoy your food stamps MOOCHER!!!

It's not a bad thing at all. Some daycare people are good, others not. We didn't make a lot of money, but we lived within our means. I preferred to raise my own children, which meant giving up things like evenings out, going to the beauty salon, buying clothes, etc. I did not mind the sacrifice and was so happy being with my children. I got to see them take their first steps, utter their first word and all the other milestones. I couldn't bear the thought of a stranger being there instead of me. Does anyone think that the daycare worker cares the same about your child as you do? Even though they are trained, they have a lot of children to look after and can't replace the warmth and love of a parent. Even though we would have been better off financially had I not quit work, we were much happier because I did. My children were a lot better off because they had a stable and loving environment rather than being stuck with a bunch of different babysitters. We were military and moved around and we were always getting used to new places and people. I felt that some things needed to remain constant for my children and that was me and our routine.

I also did some calculating and realized that paying for daycare for 3 children, along with gas for driving to work and buying work clothes and purchasing lunch every day, I would have barely broke even with the average job. Minimum wage jobs wouldn't even cover the cost of daycare.

The remarks toward Ann are uncalled for and I expect some to back peddle quickly after such an assinine insult.

Last edited:
she is one trying relate to people in work force and trying to talk about unemployment, when she has never been in the work force.

It's not a bad thing but it is apparent that the Romnneys have no clue about real world struggles.

I am a proud SAHM . I worked off an on when I needed or wanted too. I baby sat to make end meets and I am not ashamed. When DH and decided to have to children we wanted US to raise them and not a day care or some stranger. If anyone who should be ashamed is outsourcing their kids for their own financial gain!!!.. HURTS doesnt it..

At least you should learn English, if nothing else. I mean seriously, are you on welfare?

I am loving all this much ado about nothing on Romneys wife not working.
what a bunch of chickenshits on both sides on this :)

I don't think anyone says being a stay home mom is a bad thing. But it does mean you a) cant really relate to what moms who work outside the home have to do to juggle their lives; and 2) a stay at home mom who is married to someone with hundreds of millions of dollars really has no clue what real people have to do.... Unless they work at that type of empathy or came from a more modest background

And You made sacrifices to be a stay at home mom. You gave up the potential for more income in order to be with your kids

Now, if you were a Romney, there would be no difference if you stay at home or not. You still have nannies to help you either way.

she is one trying relate to people in work force and trying to talk about unemployment, when she has never been in the work force.

So, if a woman doesn't work, she has no right to be concerned about her husband keeping his job? Or she can't care that many people in this country are struggling? That is assinine.

IRS forms released Tuesday by Mitt Romney's presidential campaign show that despite reporting income of $21.7 million, the couple paid only $20,603 in taxable wages for household help in 2010. This figure was divided among four women: Rosania Costa ($4,808), Kelli Harrison ($8,667), Susan Moore ($2,238) and Valerie Cravens Anae ($4,890).

Mitt Romney's Maids' Salary Raises Questions

If you dont have to work and raise your kids why is that a bad thing

No one ever said it was.

The issue, however, is the notion that if a woman elects to work, although her income is not needed to sustain the family, that she’s somehow ‘bad,’ ‘selfish,’ or ‘wrong.’

It’s seen as acceptable for a woman to work if she’s compelled to do so to pay the rent or put food on the table, but not acceptable if she elects to pursue a career for personal fulfillment.

I don't think anyone says being a stay home mom is a bad thing. But it does mean you a) cant really relate to what moms who work outside the home have to do to juggle their lives; and 2) a stay at home mom who is married to someone with hundreds of millions of dollars really has no clue what real people have to do.... Unless they work at that type of empathy or came from a more modest background

who gives a shit? In the end her opinion is meaningless. She has no skin in the game, just like Lovebear. That doesnt mean being a stay at home mother isn't important, it is. My wife stays at home while i work. I dont want a stranger watching him honestly. ( see love we actually agree on the issue, i just hate you)

So she doesnt quite grasp what its like to struggle, So what? Its not an issue to be using period. Tons of things can be used on Mittens the flip flopper.

This isnt one of them. Let it go

i wasn't the one making a big deal out of it, hon.

I was raised by a stay at home mom, who beat breast cancer. She was able to focus on both because my step-father was well employed making a nice salary working at one of the Charlotte based EVIL banks. He was in the programming field. Thanks to a big, evil greedy corporation who employed him, he was able to provide as the sole income in the home, allowing my mother to stay at home. Both are herioc for it.

AND...I'll always feel a small bit indebted to that company for employing him. It wasn't like that company knew us personally, or went out of their way. They probably never heard my step fathers name mentioned in any meeting of any significance, as they have thousands of employees and he was mid-level. But...........Bank of America treated him decent, and he drew money to raise our family. A win-win situation for both sides. Which is why I dont hate corporations. I dont worship them. I'm just glad they exist to hire us.

You righties don't understand the difference between stay at moms like you and stay at home moms who's husbands make over 1 million dollars a year.

You and Mrs. Romney have nothing in common.

I was raised by a stay at home mom, who beat breast cancer. She was able to focus on both because my step-father was well employed making a nice salary working at one of the Charlotte based EVIL banks. He was in the programming field. Thanks to a big, evil greedy corporation who employed him, he was able to provide as the sole income in the home, allowing my mother to stay at home. Both are herioc for it.

AND...I'll always feel a small bit indebted to that company for employing him. It wasn't like that company knew us personally, or went out of their way. They probably never heard my step fathers name mentioned in any meeting of any significance, as they have thousands of employees and he was mid-level. But...........Bank of America treated him decent, and he drew money to raise our family. A win-win situation for both sides. Which is why I dont hate corporations. I dont worship them. I'm just glad they exist to hire us.

You do realize, based on the average salary, today it takes two incomes for most couples to raise a family. We don't have the luxury anymore. That's what we are saying!

Again, realize you are not Mrs. Romney. Your husband doesn't make over a million dollars a year. No one is attacking you.

And you said your mom had breast cancer? Do you know what that would cost your family today if your dad worked at my company? $6000 a year besides what you already pay monthly. Wasn't that way back in the day.

What if factoring in inflation, that bank job today pays the same as it did 30 years ago? But the CEO's pay has gone up 30 times since then? I ask because my neighbor is a recruiter. She's offering IT people $10 hr when they use to make $25hr. Good luck on one income today.

It's not a bad thing but it is apparent that the Romnneys have no clue about real world struggles.

How is that apparent. Breast Cancer isn't a real world struggle.

What is apparent is that you have no clue about the Romney's.

Forum List

Back