If you dont have to work and raise your kids why is that a bad thing

I am a proud SAHM . I worked off an on when I needed or wanted too. I baby sat to make end meets and I am not ashamed. When DH and decided to have to children we wanted US to raise them and not a day care or some stranger. If anyone who should be ashamed is outsourcing their kids for their own financial gain!!!.. HURTS doesnt it..

You righties don't understand the difference between stay at moms like you and stay at home moms who's husbands make over 1 million dollars a year.

You and Mrs. Romney have nothing in common.

Uh...they both stayed home to raise their children.

What part of that don't you understand.

she is one trying relate to people in work force and trying to talk about unemployment, when she has never been in the work force.
How much do you know asshole. I have worked on and off .. I had my first job at 14 to help support my mom and dad we lived in poverty. I know both sides of the story. The only reason my family got out of poverty is my dad went into the federal witness program when I was 16 when he turned in drug dealers he worked with at a factory . He did not do the drugs but wanted them off the street. I had to up root my whole life and move to a place I did not know at all.. Before I got married I worked odd jobs in retail ect after I got pregnant and when I was 8 months pregnant stopped working because I did not want anyone else raising my kids / When I got the kids all in school I got job as a Customer service rep for a mail order pharmacy for years . But with navy life you move .. move a lot too so its hard to work so I was a registered baby sitter that MADE money too...
I can work if I want too but DH and I decided it would be better for me to stay at home. I do have health problems as well but do you see me running to the gov to get SSD because with my back my doctor said I would qualified. I do not need to do this because my spouse makes a good living . I bet NOT one of you would work if you did not have too and if you say you would ( unless its a job you REALLY love) you my friend are an idiot

This war on women was good to go until a leftie got caught. Now everyone is backpeddling. Rosen threw Romney a gift that will keep on giving for a while. I look forward to the next poll showing Mitt leading among women.

Is this another Loverbear needs affirmation thread?

Well, if we must.

Yes, dear...it is a wonderful thing you did, staying home to raise your children. I wish more parents had the luxury, but NOBODY has been attacking stay at home mothers. Not the DNC, not the President and certainly not Hillary Rosen.

who gives a shit? In the end her opinion is meaningless. She has no skin in the game, just like Lovebear. That doesnt mean being a stay at home mother isn't important, it is. My wife stays at home while i work. I dont want a stranger watching him honestly. ( see love we actually agree on the issue, i just hate you)

So she doesnt quite grasp what its like to struggle, So what? Its not an issue to be using period. Tons of things can be used on Mittens the flip flopper.

This isnt one of them. Let it go

i wasn't the one making a big deal out of it, hon.
everyone should just drop it.....You know like lovebear dropped her books,ran away screaming"no i dont want to be educated!"

He did that, because being educated is acting white.

If you dont have to work and raise your kids why is that a bad thing
It's not.

The issue IS......where did you find the time to hang-out/socialize with 1%ers' wive$....you know....to keep them grounded, so they could update their husbands on what concerns the majority of American-women??

:eusa_eh:

Who ever said being a Stay at Home Mom was a bad thing again?

Whoever said Republicans are denying women's rights to reproduce?

Nobody. "..assault on women’s reproductive rights." which include various choices on when to reproduce, not the right to reproduce.

As for the real Republican efforts to curb these rights:

There were over 1100 antichoice provisions introduced in 2011 and 900 antichoice provisions introduced so far in 2012. Legislators in 13 states have introduced 22 bills seeking to mandate that a woman obtain an ultrasound procedure before having an abortion. Of these, seven states are pursuing the state-rape vaginal probe variety. In addition, legislators in 13 states have sponsored right-wing "Personhood" type bills, too extreme even for the electorate of Mississippi, that could make both abortion and reproductive choices highly restricted.

Lest we think that the rhetoric around these bills might contain the damage to the GOP's standing amongst women, please note how Georgia state legislator Rep. Terry England compares women to cows and pigs on his farm in support of bill forcing women to carry even inviable fetuses to term and Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett justifies forced ultrasound bill by telling women to "just close your eyes."

The Republican 'War on Women' Is Real - Chicago Tribune

I am loving all this much ado about nothing on Romneys wife not working.
what a bunch of chickenshits on both sides on this :)
It's the ol' Belief/Knowledge conundrum.....Mitt says he believes the little-woman (actually) KNOWS what issues the average-American-woman faces.

She probably could have told him she only sees "the girls" once-a-month, at their Garden Club gatherings....but, she's gotta start battling Snooki Palin for face-time.​

Nobody. "..assault on women’s reproductive rights." which include various choices on when to reproduce, not the right to reproduce.

As for the real Republican efforts to curb these rights:

There were over 1100 antichoice provisions introduced in 2011 and 900 antichoice provisions introduced so far in 2012. Legislators in 13 states have introduced 22 bills seeking to mandate that a woman obtain an ultrasound procedure before having an abortion. Of these, seven states are pursuing the state-rape vaginal probe variety. In addition, legislators in 13 states have sponsored right-wing "Personhood" type bills, too extreme even for the electorate of Mississippi, that could make both abortion and reproductive choices highly restricted.

Lest we think that the rhetoric around these bills might contain the damage to the GOP's standing amongst women, please note how Georgia state legislator Rep. Terry England compares women to cows and pigs on his farm in support of bill forcing women to carry even inviable fetuses to term and Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett justifies forced ultrasound bill by telling women to "just close your eyes."

The Republican 'War on Women' Is Real - Chicago Tribune

How can anyone affect a person's choice to reproduce?

That's just fucking stupid.

she is one trying relate to people in work force and trying to talk about unemployment, when she has never been in the work force.

So, if a woman doesn't work, she has no right to be concerned about her husband keeping his job? Or she can't care that many people in this country are struggling? That is assinine.

that isn't what was said...

So, if a woman doesn't work, she has no right to be concerned about her husband keeping his job? Or she can't care that many people in this country are struggling? That is assinine.

that isn't what was said...

Yes, in effect that is EXACTLY what was said...

Remember Hillary and the baking cookies remarks? It is very clear where the left is coming from when it comes to stay at home moms.

I am a proud SAHM . I worked off an on when I needed or wanted too. I baby sat to make end meets and I am not ashamed. When DH and decided to have to children we wanted US to raise them and not a day care or some stranger. If anyone who should be ashamed is outsourcing their kids for their own financial gain!!!.. HURTS doesnt it..

If you can stay home with your kids and you can afford to, I see nothing wrong with it.

It is NOT a bad thing. In fact, in today's economy, it is a status symbol...showing that you have enough money to be able to do such a thing. Anyone giving you a hard time over that is really envious.

C'mon.....if you really expected to be treated as an "equal", you should have put more effort into being born Male.....

:eusa_snooty:

Its not a bad thing, but the difference is you are a mooch....

Why am I mooch because I wanted to raise my kids and not hand them over to strangers. Ifyou think that is mooch.. How do you enjoy your food stamps MOOCHER!!!

YOu know a marriage is a partnership which works for us.. Worked so far 25 years. Most of the time I was a single parent because he was on 6 to 9 month deployments. I had my second son while he was out to sea . Until you walked a mile in my shoes I suggest you shut the fuck up

No you are a mooch by having just him work and then claim WE pay taxes. You dont pay taxes, you pay nothing.

A marriage is whatever you put into it, be it he,you or both who works. I have no real issue with stay at home mothers. I like the whole idea. I just hate you personally.

I dont want to walk in your shoes, i don't feel like downgrading my intelligence.

Dude, seriously...enough on that. I don't agree with Lovebear on most things...in fact, I think she's a hit-n-run poster who doesn't issues thru before posting on them, but being a Navy Wife is a full time job and a choice she has made. And yes, she does pay taxes everytime she buys stuff. So, lay off the "mooch" crap, ok?

Forum List

Back