If you dont have to work and raise your kids why is that a bad thing

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lovebears65, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Lovebears65

Lovebears65 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,034
    I am a proud SAHM . I worked off an on when I needed or wanted too. I baby sat to make end meets and I am not ashamed. When DH and decided to have to children we wanted US to raise them and not a day care or some stranger. If anyone who should be ashamed is outsourcing their kids for their own financial gain!!!.. HURTS doesnt it..

2. Lovebears65

Lovebears65 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,034
    Why am I mooch because I wanted to raise my kids and not hand them over to strangers. Ifyou think that is mooch.. How do you enjoy your food stamps MOOCHER!!!

YOu know a marriage is a partnership which works for us.. Worked so far 25 years. Most of the time I was a single parent because he was on 6 to 9 month deployments. I had my second son while he was out to sea . Until you walked a mile in my shoes I suggest you shut the fuck up

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  3. Clementine

Clementine Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,731
    It's not a bad thing at all. Some daycare people are good, others not. We didn't make a lot of money, but we lived within our means. I preferred to raise my own children, which meant giving up things like evenings out, going to the beauty salon, buying clothes, etc. I did not mind the sacrifice and was so happy being with my children. I got to see them take their first steps, utter their first word and all the other milestones. I couldn't bear the thought of a stranger being there instead of me. Does anyone think that the daycare worker cares the same about your child as you do? Even though they are trained, they have a lot of children to look after and can't replace the warmth and love of a parent. Even though we would have been better off financially had I not quit work, we were much happier because I did. My children were a lot better off because they had a stable and loving environment rather than being stuck with a bunch of different babysitters. We were military and moved around and we were always getting used to new places and people. I felt that some things needed to remain constant for my children and that was me and our routine.

I also did some calculating and realized that paying for daycare for 3 children, along with gas for driving to work and buying work clothes and purchasing lunch every day, I would have barely broke even with the average job. Minimum wage jobs wouldn't even cover the cost of daycare.

The remarks toward Ann are uncalled for and I expect some to back peddle quickly after such an assinine insult.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  4. ducks102

ducks102 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +74
    she is one trying relate to people in work force and trying to talk about unemployment, when she has never been in the work force.

5. starcraftzzz

starcraftzzz Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120
    It's not a bad thing but it is apparent that the Romnneys have no clue about real world struggles.

6. Seille

Seille BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At least you should learn English, if nothing else. I mean seriously, are you on welfare?

7. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    I am loving all this much ado about nothing on Romneys wife not working.
    what a bunch of chickenshits on both sides on this :)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,428
    I don't think anyone says being a stay home mom is a bad thing. But it does mean you a) cant really relate to what moms who work outside the home have to do to juggle their lives; and 2) a stay at home mom who is married to someone with hundreds of millions of dollars really has no clue what real people have to do.... Unless they work at that type of empathy or came from a more modest background

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  9. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,337
    And You made sacrifices to be a stay at home mom. You gave up the potential for more income in order to be with your kids

Now, if you were a Romney, there would be no difference if you stay at home or not. You still have nannies to help you either way.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Does anyone know if Romneys wife has hired household help?