If You Do The Math,Chevy Needs To Sell About 12 Million Volts To Break Even.

Oct 10, 2011
Naples

:eek::ack-1::laugh:
Give or take 1/2 Million} If I did the math wrong, please correct me. Just pull out the calculator and divide 50 Billion by 40,000. It should give you a figure starting with 12 Million.
Ok, that means Chevy needs to sell a million volts a month for a year, or 1/2 Million volts a month for two years, or about 300,000 volts a month for 3 years to pay back the 50 Billion.
Well, one question, how many Volts have we sold so far?
:poke::dunno:

The United States recouped $23.1 billion of the $50 billion when it sold 400 millions shares of GM stock on the day of its IPO.

And the Chevy Volt is not the only car in GM's inventory.

So the OP is one giant FAIL.

If You Do The Math,Chevy Needs To Sell About 12 Million Volts To Break Even.

If 6 million of them explode, the insurance companies will pick up the difference.

• Banned
Chevy should of put out the 2010 Camaro in 2005 !! what took so long! Instead of the volt, they should of brought back the 1985/86 IROC Z {like they did with the 69 Camaro} Did you all know that Pontiac has a few thousand new Trans Ams sitting in a warehouse? I got the story from someone who knows about,,I guess they will sell them when the time is right. {its a big secret !!}

"Still, the Volt strikes us as the closest in concept to the winning formula of the Prius, albeit with the next generation of propulsion and the whole thing inverted. Nothing else has so successfully incorporated all of the key aspects of Toyota’s golden child—big fuel-economy numbers, a unique name and styling, and enough range and people and cargo space that it can be an only and everyday car. Those traits have enabled the sales of nearly 2 million Priuses worldwide since its 1997 debut. With the possible exception of a fairly cramped back seat and an undersized cargo hold, the Volt checks all the boxes, plus it outdrives the hybrid competition. This is without a doubt the most important new car since the advent of hybrids in the late ’90s, and GM has nailed it. Is this the handing off of the Prius’s very illustrious torch?"

2011 Chevrolet Volt Full Test - Road Test - Car Reviews - Car and Driver

Last edited:
it's gonna be very tough selling a car that retails for over 40,000 with high unemployment and high energy costs. you have to keep in mind that the average buyer will see their electricity bill double. and how many banks are gonna loan anyone 30/35K for a car in this climate?

Forum List

Back