Obama: Jesus would support tax-the-rich policy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kidrocks, Feb 2, 2012.

1. kidrocks

kidrocks Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +420
    Jesus is a flaming liberal, everyone knows that.

Obama: Jesus would back my tax-the-rich policy - Feb. 2, 2012

President Obama offered a new line of reasoning for hiking taxes on the rich on Thursday, saying at the National Prayer Breakfast that his policy proposals are shaped by his religious beliefs.

Obama said that as a person who has been "extraordinarily blessed," he is willing to give up some of the tax breaks he enjoys because doing so makes economic, and religious sense.

"For me as a Christian, it also coincides with Jesus's teaching that for unto whom much is given, much shall be required," Obama said, quoting the Gospel of Luke.

Obama wants to allow the Bush tax cuts to expire for the richest Americans, and he has embraced the idea that wealthy Americans should not be paying a lower effective tax rate than those in the middle or lower classes.

He has argued that those policies offer Americans a "fair shot" and increased equality, while implying that the policies favored by Republicans do not.

But the overt connection between religious beliefs and political policies is new.

"I know that far too many neighbors in our country have been hurt and treated unfairly over the last few years," Obama said. "And I believe in God's command to love thy neighbor as thyself. I know a version of that golden rule is found in every major religion and every set of beliefs."

An administration official speaking on background told CNN that Obama viewed the speech as chance to explain his personal faith practices and to show "his desire to step in the gap for those who are vulnerable."

So what does the Bible say about taxes?...

2. tinydancer

tinydancer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,971
    Don't ever equate Obama and his policies with Christ.

It's appalling and disgusting to a Christian. Islam would forbid this as well.

FYI Christ is a prophet to Islam. Be careful where you tread here.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    Be careful when you lie about Jesus.

4. tinydancer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,971
    Where have I lied?

5. Cuyo

Cuyo Training a Guineapig army

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +942
    obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. tinydancer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,971
    I'm waiting Chris. Where have I lied?

7. Cuyo

Cuyo Training a Guineapig army

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +942
    Wait, wait, I wasn't done!

OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS

8. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    In the Gospel of Matthew, a rich young man asks Jesus what actions bring eternal life. First Jesus advises the man to obey the commandments. When the man responds that he already observes them, Jesus adds:

If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.

The Gospel of Luke has a similar episode and states that:

When he heard this, he became very sad, because he was a man of great wealth. Jesus looked at him and said, "How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God! Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

9. tinydancer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,971
    If you're going to try to use that as a let's get him re elected slogan, I don't think that one is gonna work.

I'd run with .....mmmmmm......:eusa_angel:

Give Carter the second term he never had. Vote Obama 2012.

credit to daily caller:lol:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  10. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    Obama is the Democrats Reagan.