If we all came from 2 people

why is incest frowned upon? Its human history Lol
Did We All Come from Adam and Eve?
Interesting article although i dont believe they could ever know how many people we descended from.

Actually, this is based on a Nat Geo study called the Human Genome project, where they sampled DNA from as large a group as they could, all over the world, and they found out that there actually IS a genetic Adam, and a genetic Eve. All humans have those 2 markers in their DNA. And, they also found that the genetic Eve was actually younger than the genetic Adam.

Interestingly enough, if you read the original Hebrew version of Genesis, it tells that there were actually 2 Eves. One was created at the same time as Adam, but because Adam wasn't willing to be equal, she uttered the secret name of God and disappeared, becoming Lillith. God then saw Adam was lonely, and made him another companion from the rib, which is the Eve we know today.

It's obvious is it not?

We all have to be related unless you believe in the sky fairy who created a black man and Woman, a white man an women , a Mexican man and woman.....

But the son could have taken a sister and married her. Adam and Eve had lots of children. Pretty sure most of them werent even talked about besides a mention "of many sons and daughters" IIRC
It's been awhile since I read the story, but I got the impression the son married a girl "from away" as we say around here.
I'm not a biblical scholar, so that's about all I can tell ya.
Most people do. However, i dont think it says that.
We’re not told when Cain married or many of the details of other marriages and children, but we can say for certain that Cain’s wife was either his sister or a close relative.

A closer look at the Hebrew word for “wife” in Genesis reveals something readers may miss in translation. It was more obvious to those speaking Hebrew that Cain’s wife was likely his sister. (There is a slim possibility that she was his niece, but either way, a brother and sister would have married in the beginning.) The Hebrew word for “wife” used in Genesis 4:17 (the first mention of Cain’s wife) is ishshah, and it means “woman/wife/female.”

And Cain knew his wife [ishshah], and she conceived and bore Enoch. And he built a city, and called the name of the city after the name of his son—Enoch (Genesis 4:17).
The word ishshah is the word for “woman,” and it means “from man.” It is a derivation of the Hebrew words‘iysh (pronounced: eesh) and enowsh, which both mean “man.” This can be seen in Genesis 2:23 where the name “woman” (ishshah) is given to one who came from Adam.

And Adam said: “This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman [ishshah], because she was taken out of Man [iysh]” (Genesis 2:23).
Thus, Cain’s wife is a descendant of Adam/man. Therefore, she had to be his sister (or possibly niece). Hebrew readers should be able to make this connection easier; however, much is lost when translated.
Cain’s Wife—Who Was She?

You haven't read the story; you haven't cited any evidence; you don't know anything about pre-Adamic history and you then say "we can say for certain" History, science, the Bible and common sense all disagree with you.
Genesis literally states Adam was the first man. Its right there. I dont understand what the confusing part is.
Pre-adamism was created by pagans.

You've yet to quote ANY evidence of what you're claiming.

There are many theories about this that are a product of deduction.

One theory is that God created man and then he created Adam man separately.

Another theory, that better fits the Bible's narrative, is that God created living creatures (chay) and they were two legged people as you and I know them, but they lacked the soul that God breathed into Adam man.

Either way, you've provided NOTHING to support your false claim.

It doesn’t say that.
It says that an evening (bad translation) followed by day break (bad translation) is a day (bad translation).
There was no sun until “day” 4.
You don’t know Hebrew.
You have stated more than once you won’t open a Bible to read even 1 verse.
Thus, I don’t know why I’m responding to you because you don’t care anyway.
So you have no proof of the 6 days creation thingy. So ya, why did you respond if you know you have nothing?
Why do ask if you don’t have the intelligence to read a post?
Maybe I'm too stupid to believe that a vengeful ghost from a book is real? Is that it? Is it?

If that's the case, your only motive for being on this thread is to troll those in a productive conversation. Isn't that trolling? Is that prohibited by the rules here?
If my questions are too probing for you, then back off. Pretty simple really.

You're being responded to. You just don't seem to be able to handle the truth.

It's been awhile since I read the story, but I got the impression the son married a girl "from away" as we say around here.
I'm not a biblical scholar, so that's about all I can tell ya.
We’re not told when Cain married or many of the details of other marriages and children, but we can say for certain that Cain’s wife was either his sister or a close relative.

A closer look at the Hebrew word for “wife” in Genesis reveals something readers may miss in translation. It was more obvious to those speaking Hebrew that Cain’s wife was likely his sister. (There is a slim possibility that she was his niece, but either way, a brother and sister would have married in the beginning.) The Hebrew word for “wife” used in Genesis 4:17 (the first mention of Cain’s wife) is ishshah, and it means “woman/wife/female.”

And Cain knew his wife [ishshah], and she conceived and bore Enoch. And he built a city, and called the name of the city after the name of his son—Enoch (Genesis 4:17).
The word ishshah is the word for “woman,” and it means “from man.” It is a derivation of the Hebrew words‘iysh (pronounced: eesh) and enowsh, which both mean “man.” This can be seen in Genesis 2:23 where the name “woman” (ishshah) is given to one who came from Adam.

And Adam said: “This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman [ishshah], because she was taken out of Man [iysh]” (Genesis 2:23).
Thus, Cain’s wife is a descendant of Adam/man. Therefore, she had to be his sister (or possibly niece). Hebrew readers should be able to make this connection easier; however, much is lost when translated.
Cain’s Wife—Who Was She?

You haven't read the story; you haven't cited any evidence; you don't know anything about pre-Adamic history and you then say "we can say for certain" History, science, the Bible and common sense all disagree with you.
Genesis literally states Adam was the first man. Its right there. I dont understand what the confusing part is.

You've yet to quote ANY evidence of what you're claiming.

There are many theories about this that are a product of deduction.

One theory is that God created man and then he created Adam man separately.

Another theory, that better fits the Bible's narrative, is that God created living creatures (chay) and they were two legged people as you and I know them, but they lacked the soul that God breathed into Adam man.

Either way, you've provided NOTHING to support your false claim.
genesis chapter 2 verse 4-8

Interesting article although i dont believe they could ever know how many people we descended from.

that was always intended as metaphor. then thousands of years later a cult decided it was to be taken literally.
What’s the explanation of the metaphor?

why? you were taught there was really an adam and an eve who ate an apple and tickied off G-d?

So you have no proof of the 6 days creation thingy. So ya, why did you respond if you know you have nothing?
Why do ask if you don’t have the intelligence to read a post?
Maybe I'm too stupid to believe that a vengeful ghost from a book is real? Is that it? Is it?

If that's the case, your only motive for being on this thread is to troll those in a productive conversation. Isn't that trolling? Is that prohibited by the rules here?
If my questions are too probing for you, then back off. Pretty simple really.

You're being responded to. You just don't seem to be able to handle the truth.
So what's the truth that I'm missing?

Cain’s Wife—Who Was She?

Actually, it doesn’t.
Read the text very carefully.
Genesis chapter 2 verse 4 through 8

Verse 5 in Genesis says there was not a man to till the ground. What that verse most assuredly does NOT say is that there were no men.

In Genesis 2 : 2 we find that the seven day creation is completed. But go back to Genesis 1: 26 and 27 and you find that man was created.

That is why you have the theory of Adam man being an "eighth day" creation. So, either what you're quoting is a repeat of the first chapter of Genesis (and that is theory not fact) or the chay creation explains the fact that there were people (as we know them) before Adam. In any event the evidence proves over and over that you are wrong as wrong can be.

that was always intended as metaphor. then thousands of years later a cult decided it was to be taken literally.
How do you know? Why is that a metaphor and not everything else?

well, there are stories that are based in history but pretty much because it was our book and it was viewed a certain way.

it didn't become a literal thing until the gospels got it.

do you think a man lived in a whale?

do you think a woman was turned to salt?

or were those stories intended to teach lessons?

What’s the explanation of the metaphor?

why? you were taught there was really an adam and an eve who ate an apple and tickied off G-d?
Apple?
Where is there an apple?
Have you ever attended a Torah class?
God never gets ticked off; everything is action/consequence.

How do you know? Why is that a metaphor and not everything else?

well, there are stories that are based in history but pretty much because it was our book and it was viewed a certain way.

it didn't become a literal thing until the gospels got it.
Huh?
We have pre-NT commentaries.

Look up the Human Genome project I think you will find thier findings very interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have read it. It was also mentioned here, earlier.
It has been a while for me, but if I remember correctly their conclusions were RNA from one mother is in existance today and 1200 different male dna strands showing up today!

Forum List

Back