If we all came from 2 people

catch all answers::
it's god's plan
because of man's fall
the bible says so
the devil made him do it--then I asked, how come the devil get's into some people, but not others--answer to that:
silence

why is incest frowned upon? Its human history Lol
Did We All Come from Adam and Eve?
Interesting article although i dont believe they could ever know how many people we descended from.
The bible clearly indicates that more then Adam and Eve existed. Remember Cane he left and lived with OTHER humans, nor does it say that Adam and Eve's offspring mated with one another.

Interesting article although i dont believe they could ever know how many people we descended from.
The bible clearly indicates that more then Adam and Eve existed. Remember Cane he left and lived with OTHER humans, nor does it say that Adam and Eve's offspring mated with one another.
Some version have angels having sex with daughters of Eve, which didn't make sense...

We came from two people?

Adam means "humankind," who walked with the creator God. Also present: the pagan land of Nod (Gen. 4:16). Enter intermarriage and idolatry.

Some version have angels having sex with daughters of Eve, which didn't make sense...

Actually, that came a bit later, just before the flood as a matter of fact. One of the reasons that God sent the flood, besides the wickedness of mankind, was that angels had come down and mated with the "daughters of Eve", which is to say that angels mated with humans, and the result was the Nephelim, which is half angel and half human.

From an evolutionary view, humans came about because of a mutations of the #2 chromosome. A huge change for an organism, it would then likely look very different than it's parents or any other primate in the region. For this genetic trait to be passed on it would have had to mate with one of the more primitive primates around it, and the changed chromosome would have had to become dominant during all subsequent matings.

Although another possibility, the reason for the first mutation was because this particular group had an unstable genome to begin with and this mutation occurred more than once. Perhaps producing a group of like individuals.

And genises chapter 2 says that adam came before rain plants and other living beings.
I believe this is one of the biggest conundrums in genises. Some biblical historians say cain must have met his before he went to nod. In other words, his sister

how many?
...they would've had to have incest or they would've died out
the birthrate was not high at all....life expectancy was not high...no modern medicine ....more maternal deaths--less prenatal care
...so if more than Adam and Eve existed, was this through evolution?

how many?
the birthrate was not high at all....life expectancy was not high...no modern medicine ....more maternal deaths--less prenatal care
God made everything so if the means was evolution then sure.

how many?
God made everything so if the means was evolution then sure.

Of course evolution is the means by which the human form evolved but the creation of man in the image and likeness of God is another subject entirely.

Adam was formed from the "dust of the earth" by God and became a living being when God breathed the breath of life into his nostrils..

Remember? "Man does not live by bread alone but by every word that God utters." The breath of life is wisdom from God, manna from heaven, the food of angels.

This was a story about being Adam being lifted up into a higher realm of conscious existence by God above the level of less sophisticated people, usually referred to in scripture as the wild beasts of the field, and then being returned naked to the dust from which he was taken.

Last edited:
And genises chapter 2 says that adam came before rain plants and other living beings.
I believe this is one of the biggest conundrums in genises. Some biblical historians say cain must have met his before he went to nod. In other words, his sister

I hope you don't believe such horse hooey. The Bible says Cain went into the land of Nod. He did not go into the wilderness. He went to a specific place. There he took a wife from among a pre-Adamic creation.

I hope you don't believe such horse hooey. The Bible says Cain went into the land of Nod. He did not go into the wilderness. He went to a specific place. There he took a wife from among a pre-Adamic creation.
sounds like an online RP game

This was a story about being Adam being lifted up into a higher realm of conscious existence by God above the level of less sophisticated people,
Hmm...yet forbidden to eat the fruit of knowledge. How odd. Then committed, as punishment...to go be a human like every other. What a story for dinner parties, eh! Think anyone bought it?

The Bible does not teach that everybody descended from only two
My Pastor (when I was a kid)said that's exactly what it says. So do a LOT of people.

Well, if I were you, I'd be doing some serious research. It is not what the Bible says. You want to see your preacher do a lot of speculating that he can't explain from the Bible, but only through conjecture?

Genesis says that God created "beasts." But a beast is just a living thing according to Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible (chay in #2416 of the Hebrew Dictionary) Got another excerpt for you:

"Exodus 9: 9: "And it shall become small dust in the land of Egypt, and shall be a boil breaking forth with ulcers upon man and upon beast, through all the land of Egypt. " You can be sure God was not punishing four legged beasts by afflicting them with boils

. Levit. 20: 15-16: "And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death, and ye shall slay the beast. And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. " This certainly could not be a four legged beast that a man or woman could lie with. If it were, God would not demand the death penalty for a dumb animal with no reasoning power.

Exodus 19: 13: "There shall not an hand touch it, but he shall surely be stoned, or shot through; whether it be beast or man, it shall not live. " Now we have a beast with a hand. Do you believe God told Moses to talk to the apes or the monkeys and tell them not to touch the mount?

Jer. 21: 6: "And I will smite the inhabitants of this city, both man and beast; they shall die of a great pestilence. " Would God refer to a four legged beast as an inhabitant of a city?

Jer. 27: 6: "And now have I given all these lands into the hands of Nebuchadnezzar, the King of Babylon, my servants (Adamic Race) and the beast of the field have I given him also to serve him."

Jer. 31: 27-30: "Man and beast will cohabit and they will all die for their iniquity. "

Jer. 31: 34: "And they shall teach no more, every man his neighbor and every man his brother. " In my opinion this verse pretty well takes care of the liberal's Brotherhood Program.

Ezek. 14: 15: "If I cause evil beasts to pass through the land, and they spoil it, so that it be desolate, that no man may pass through because of the beasts. " Only two legged beasts could stop man from passing through the land.

Ezek. 29: 1 1: "No foot of man shall pass through it, no foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited for forty years. " Now the beast inhabitant not only has a hand but a foot as well.

Jonah 3: 7-8: "Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste anything; let them not feed nor drink water. But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God. " Note distinction here: man, beast, herd. What manner of beast would wear sackcloth and have the power of speech?

Zach. 8: 1O: "For before these days there was no hire for man, nor any hire for beasts. " Here we have beasts that can be hired. If these are four legged beasts that can be hired, someone should alert Internal Revenue.

Acts 10: 12: "In which were all manner of four footed beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. " Note the distinction here between four footed beasts and wild beasts
."

Verboten by Thomas E. O'Brien

You know how the Bible says that God created Adam and Eve, then Cain and Abel. Cain slew Abel and goes into the land of Nod where he takes a wife. Where was the land of Nod? Genesis accounts for no such place OR people.

Then preachers start speculating. Maybe Cain married his sister. It's not in the Bible. But remember when God told the Israelites to go into the land of the Canaanites and to utterly destroy them, kill them all?

"But you shall utterly destroy them: the Hittite and the Amorite, the Canaanite and the Perizzite, the Hivite and the Jebusite, as the Lord your God has commanded you, so that they may not teach you to do according to all their detestable things which they have done for their gods, so that you would sin against the Lord your God”(Deuteronomy 20:16–18, NASB)

God forbade his people to intermarry with the descendants of Cain. That IS biblical. And why did he do it? Those people were pre -Adamites, not descendants of the biblical Israelites.

Forum List

Back