If we all came from 2 people

I believe evolution is when anything moves from a less advanced state to a more advanced state and applies to everything that has happened since the creation of space and time 14 billion years ago until today.

You believe evolution is a biological phenomenon.
What is this nonsense? The word "evolution" can be used in many different contexts.

I believe evolution is when anything moves from a less advanced state to a more advanced state and applies to everything that has happened since the creation of space and time 14 billion years ago until today.

What is this nonsense? The word "evolution" can be used in many different contexts.
Isn't that what I said when I wrote, "I believe evolution is when anything moves from a less advanced state to a more advanced state and applies to everything that has happened since the creation of space and time 14 billion years ago until today.?"

Isn't that what I said when I wrote, "I believe evolution is when anything moves from a less advanced state to a more advanced state and applies to everything that has happened since the creation of space and time 14 billion years ago until today.?"
I was more refrrimg to your insistence of the other poster's belief. Obviously.

Well, no, it wasn't obvious. Biological evolution encompassed his beliefs. Mine expanded it to encompass everything.

Seems like you are trying to straddle the two. Just so you know here are the unique stages of evolution.

1. Cosmic evolution
2. Stellar evolution
3. Chemical evolution
4. Biological evolution
5. Evolution of consciousness

Well, no, it wasn't obvious. Biological evolution encompassed his beliefs. Mine expanded it to encompass everything.

Seems like you are trying to straddle the two. Just so you know here are the unique stages of evolution.

1. Cosmic evolution
2. Stellar evolution
3. Chemical evolution
4. Biological evolution
Haha...did you make that up yourself?

1. Cosmic evolution
2. Stellar evolution
3. Chemical evolution
4. Biological evolution
Don't be silly. Maybe you are unfamiliar with the concept of unique phenomenon.

1. Cosmic evolution
2. Stellar evolution
3. Chemical evolution
4. Biological evolution
Don't be silly. Maybe you are unfamiliar with the concept of unique phenomenon.
I am quite familiar with the concept of magical thinkers making authoritative statements of fact.

1. Cosmic evolution: the formation of hydrogen and helium from sub atomic particles in the very early universe.

2. Stellar evolution: the formation of structures in the early universe from hydrogen and helium.

3. Chemical evolution: the ongoing generation of all the elements from supernovas and all subsequent chemical reactions.

4. Biological evolution: the leap to life from inorganic material and it's evolution towards beings that know and create.

5. Evolution of consciousness: the most complex thing that the universe has created. Who knows where its evolution will take us.

It's kind of funny that the very same people who argue against consciousness evolving are usually the very same people who believe advanced civilizations exist in the universe.

^ not magical thinking
Right, just arbitrary.
Sequential unique natural phenomenon are not arbitrary. Cause and effect is not arbitrary. Each and every stage of the evolution of matter from inception until today has been carried out pursuit to the laws of nature. Since we live in a deterministic universe governed by rules and cause and effect, nothing is arbitrary especially how matter has evolved.

We go searching for life in the rest of the universe based on the belief that the laws of nature apply everywhere.

We do not go searching for life in the universe arbitrarily.

We go searching for life in the rest of the universe based on the belief that the laws of nature apply everywhere.

We do not go searching for life in the universe arbitrarily.
Do you think there's life elsewhere in the universe?

Sequential unique natural phenomenon are not arbitrary.
As meaningless as this statement is, it's still not an appropriate response. The stages are arbitrary. I mean, neat deseruption, but you're not going to doublespeak and two step your way out of the fact that all of your belief comes down to pure faith in this matter.

What is this pap? Yes, and we also breathe under the assumption that air is breathable everywhere we go.. Far out, man.

It is pretty hard to deny the evolutionary stages that led to our existence.

You have to wonder why anyone would argue against it.

Forum List

Back