If Trump were innocent , he would be an open book for Mueller

100% correct. Seeing that all the investigation so far has uncovered is procedural crimes, its all about getting someone to say something wrong under Oath, and who cares about the actual original reason for the investigation.

It is straight out of the the Ken Starr playbook for special investigations.
Then this guy says he isn't liberal. Did Ken Starr and his investigation of sexual misconduct of the Rapist in Chief, piss you off? Harvey Weinstein anyone?

If I were Trump there is no way in hell I am talking to Mueller irregardless of innocent of guilt. It is far too easy to make a slip of the tongue and be guilty of perjury.
at this point it would be what mueller is doing in a hail mary attempt. they know the txt are there and shit is about to bust loose so it's full court press to trump and the cons.

in turn, they are gunning hard and heavy for the txt's and FBI now.

the race is on.

Sorry, but I am still not buying that anything is going to break loose, I have heard it since the days of Reagan and Ollie North and his shredder.

I will believe it when I see it. Right now it is all just a big old nothing burger.
after having "the football" taken away so many times in the past, i can't say i disagree. but *if* these txt are real and our FBI worked for the favor of one over the other - then how will you feel? do you not believe what you're read so far or are you giving one side a LOT more leeway than you are the other in the absence of real proof either way?

If I were Trump there is no way in hell I am talking to Mueller irregardless of innocent of guilt. It is far too easy to make a slip of the tongue and be guilty of perjury.
at this point it would be what mueller is doing in a hail mary attempt. they know the txt are there and shit is about to bust loose so it's full court press to trump and the cons.

the race is on.

Sorry, but I am still not buying that anything is going to break loose, I have heard it since the days of Reagan and Ollie North and his shredder.

I will believe it when I see it. Right now it is all just a big old nothing burger.
after having "the football" taken away so many times in the past, i can't say i disagree. but *if* these txt are real and our FBI worked for the favor of one over the other - then how will you feel? do you not believe what you're read so far or are you giving one side a LOT more leeway than you are the other in the absence of real proof either way?
The Hatch Act is supposed to keep government employees, not directly working for a politician from showing their true colors. In Obama's admin, many of the most corrupt agents have shown that didn't give a rats ass about the Hatch Act. Just like a liberal could care less about the laws of immigration. The gator a strong liberal believes this also, even when he once was a military man, or so he says.

Folks....let's always keep in mind the Leftists prize here.......in reality, it is NOT about Trump

Through it all, what the Left insists on is that.....

1). No True Rightwing President who is against their agenda can ever stand (Do not believe that Trump is unique)
2). There can never be corruption on the Left since it's virtue is that it's anti-Right, thereby "justifying" any wrong by the Left

This is the mentality we're dealing with.
I'm not sure most Americans have grasped the severity of the problem

100% correct. Seeing that all the investigation so far has uncovered is procedural crimes, its all about getting someone to say something wrong under Oath, and who cares about the actual original reason for the investigation.

It is straight out of the the Ken Starr playbook for special investigations.

Let's hope Trump isn't as dumb as Clinton.

I think Trump has better lawyers.

Again, i would hope so.

the race is on.

The Hatch Act is supposed to keep government employees, not directly working for a politician from showing their true colors. In Obama's admin, many of the most corrupt agents have shown that didn't give a rats ass about the Hatch Act. Just like a liberal could care less about the laws of immigration. The gator a strong liberal believes this also, even when he once was a military man, or so he says.
yea, he's one of the posters here with a definite "crutch" when it comes to key words. he can't talk to someone who disagrees with him w/o them being a "partisan hack" but when you are so dead set against seeing right and wrong where it is because you don't want it there, you become the very crutch word he accuses others of being.

kinda funny, if not "ignore this shit" irritating.

'If Trump were innocent , he would be an open book for Mueller'

So the new snowflake argument is that if Trump (or anyone else) is truly innocent he would willingly subject himself to questioning by a man known for prosecutorial mis-conduct, a man who has withheld evidence in the past that could have prevented innocent people from going to jail, a man who has invented crimes to send innocent people to jail, a man who formed the Ultimate partisan 'Get Trump' / Anti-Trump Pro-Hillary team from which 2 extremists have already been booted off his team after being exposed as anti-Trump Pro-Hillary criminals.

BWUHAHAHAHA......

You might as well say if you are truly not afraid of dying, you should let me strap you into this electric chair and flip the switch so you can prove it.
is easy trying to compete with trump for lying king?
i worry for you.

if all this fbi stuff turns out to be true, you're year of hate is going to ring pretty hollow. then what?
your nutz are trying to take down the FBI ? When will repub stupidity end?

Let me educate my rabid, butt-hurt, partisan snowflake friends on something...

Mueller has declared, as part of his witch hunt that has not even produced any evidence that a crime was ever committed warranting his 'Lynch Mob, he wants to interrogate the President.

Based on the fact that no crime has been proven to have been committed, President Trump does not have to agree to talk to Mueller.

"The Fifth Amendment protects individuals from being forced to incriminate themselves. "Incriminating oneself is defined as exposing oneself (or another person) to "an accusation or charge of crime""

Mueller is desperate to get Trump under oath. Everyone on this board knows, having failed to produce evidence that a crime was ever committed, Mueller's LAST CHANCE to nail Trump is to get him to agree to questioning during which time he would do his damnedest to try to trip Trump up and get anything on him he can.

Based on this, and his 5th Amendment protection from 'entrapment' from Investigators with a past (and recent) history of prosecutorial / investigative mis-conduct, Trump should tell Mueller:

:fu:

He has done nothing but try to derail the investigation from the beginning.. You have to be stupid not to see that he is trying anyway he can to trip up Mueller and the investigation. Now Trump has his loyal rats in congress trying to discredit the investigation..

Red Flag Folks..

WASHINGTON — Most Americans ( except for some dummies on the USMB Forum ;) ) think Donald Trump did something illegal or at least unethical regarding ties between his presidential campaign and Russia — and they think he’s trying to obstruct the investigation looking into those possible connections.

Most Americans believe Trump trying to obstruct Russia probe, poll finds

Why do you need a lawyer if you're not guilty?

Plus so far all we have seen from Mueller is procedural prosecutions. Why be an open book when a mis-statement can get you prosecuted?

I understand needing a lawyer to explain your rights ect. Marty... but a person's actions can show you the truth no matter what they say..
His actions alone show me he is covering for something.

We all know that Trump fired Comey to try and make the Russian investigation go away , he has used his power to try and stop Mueller ...
Why would his lawyers made Bannon sign a hush paper, why?
They have tried to distance themselves from anyone let go who did lie about their Russian connections.. past or present..

Trump has used his power tor try to stop Mueller?? Wow, why is it you loons feel a need to just spread BS. You do realize Trump can go to Sessions and have Mueller fired.

We already went through the firing Mueller... Trump has looked into it, but knows it would do him in..

Mueller and the Left believe they can rub Trumps ego and get him to incriminate himself. It's a strategy
(Because they have nothing else)
Rest assured, they've consulted numerous psychologists who've analyzed Trump just for this.

Unfortunately, I fear it may be the only one that works.

Last edited:
He has done nothing but try to derail the investigation from the beginning.. You have to be stupid not to see that he is trying anyway he can to trip up Mueller and the investigation. Now Trump has his loyal rats in congress trying to discredit the investigation..

Red Flag Folks..

WASHINGTON — Most Americans ( except for some dummies on the USMB Forum ;) ) think Donald Trump did something illegal or at least unethical regarding ties between his presidential campaign and Russia — and they think he’s trying to obstruct the investigation looking into those possible connections.

All those other people Mueller took in and not arrest for Russian Collusion, but for not remembering what was said so put in jail for perjury. Why the fuck wasn't most of the Democrap party arrested for perjury, just shows how partisan Moooller is to Der Party. Seig Heil you fascist mother fuckers....

Let's see what Mueller has ... He will not say until he rounds up the crooks..and get to the core of the mob.

Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and his former associate, Richard Gates, were indicted on money laundering and tax fraud charges.

Former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn and foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos have pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI.

Poll: Most want Mueller to finish Trump-Russia probe

Mueller is working at getting Trump to testify under oath

The question is.........Can our President testify without lying?

Most people understand that while testifying you don't incriminate yourself and clam up when the questioning gets tough

Trump's first impulse is to lie and then lie some more when his first lie is questioned
Can Trump avoid perjury?

Red Flag Folks..

and what would you then call things like 6 months of fbi text messages showing said russian story was a plot to take out trump?
what would you call the messages we do have showing a "secret society" of FBI people working to take down a duly elected president?

you can't discredit an investigation that is bullshit to begin with. we're seeing more and more of that daily. also, when all this started trump said go ahead, investigate. what has he actively done to try and derail a thing?

you're bias is showing quite hard.

And your bias concerns me.. Don't you want to know if there is a problem? It has been like pulling teeth to get the truth of the Russian hack bots.. people closest to Trump are going down for money laundering . Don't you want to know if our president was involved?

If not why?

Mueller is working at getting Trump to testify under oath

The question is.........Can our President testify without lying?

Most people understand that while testifying you don't incriminate yourself and clam up when the questioning gets tough

Trump's first impulse is to lie and then lie some more when his first lie is questioned
Can Trump avoid perjury?

Did you hear that Trump wants the questions sent to him...? What a joke.

'If Trump were innocent , he would be an open book for Mueller'

So the new snowflake argument is that if Trump (or anyone else) is truly innocent he would willingly subject himself to questioning by a man known for prosecutorial mis-conduct, a man who has withheld evidence in the past that could have prevented innocent people from going to jail, a man who has invented crimes to send innocent people to jail, a man who formed the Ultimate partisan 'Get Trump' / Anti-Trump Pro-Hillary team from which 2 extremists have already been booted off his team after being exposed as anti-Trump Pro-Hillary criminals.

BWUHAHAHAHA......

You might as well say if you are truly not afraid of dying, you should let me strap you into this electric chair and flip the switch so you can prove it.

Ahhh, Easy .. Please show me a link of Mueller being known for prosecutorial misconduct ? Sending innocent people to jail..

Folks....let's always keep in mind the Leftists prize here.......in reality, it is NOT about Trump

Through it all, what the Left insists on is that.....

1). No True Rightwing President who is against their agenda can ever stand (Do not believe that Trump is unique)
2). There can never be corruption on the Left since it's virtue is that it's anti-Right, thereby "justifying" any wrong by the Left

This is the mentality we're dealing with.
They sure did. Otherwise Hitlery would be president and 4 more years to fundamentally transform America into a shithole would of finished.

No, that’s what you want to believe.

Red Flag Folks..

Plus so far all we have seen from Mueller is procedural prosecutions. Why be an open book when a mis-statement can get you prosecuted?

I understand needing a lawyer to explain your rights ect. Marty... but a person's actions can show you the truth no matter what they say..
His actions alone show me he is covering for something.

We all know that Trump fired Comey to try and make the Russian investigation go away , he has used his power to try and stop Mueller ...
Why would his lawyers made Bannon sign a hush paper, why?
They have tried to distance themselves from anyone let go who did lie about their Russian connections.. past or present..

Red Flag Folks..

/-----/ "Why do you need a lawyer if you're not guilty?" Because there are too many ways the opposition can trip you up if they are out to get you.

So Sessions originally said " I did not have any contact with the Russian's

In June he was busted having contact with the Russian's ( " but I didn't talk about the campaign" )

OHHHH Marty..They are the ones lying, not Mueller tripping them up..

National Security
Sessions discussed Trump campaign-related matters with Russian ambassador, U.S. intelligence intercepts show
Sessions discussed Trump campaign-related matters with Russian ambassador, U.S. intelligence intercepts show

Red Flag Folks..

and what would you then call things like 6 months of fbi text messages showing said russian story was a plot to take out trump?
what would you call the messages we do have showing a "secret society" of FBI people working to take down a duly elected president?

you can't discredit an investigation that is bullshit to begin with. we're seeing more and more of that daily. also, when all this started trump said go ahead, investigate. what has he actively done to try and derail a thing?

you're bias is showing quite hard.

The text messages show nothing of the sort.

What has he done?

On January 4, the New York Times’s Michael Schmidt reported that Trump ordered the White House counsel, Don McGahn, to convince Attorney General Jeff Sessions not to recuse himself from the Russia investigation. When McGahn failed, “the president erupted in anger in front of numerous White House officials, saying he needed his attorney general to protect him,” Schmidt writes. “Mr. Trump said he had expectedn his top law enforcement official to safeguard him.”[...]

Technically, the FBI director serves at the pleasure of the president and can be fired at any time and for any reason. However, the general belief among experts is that it’s not legal for the president to use this power in an attempt to shield himself or his family members from criminal investigation. Crucially, it does not matter whether Trump successfully shielded himself from scrutiny — all that matters is that he tried to.

“The obstruction statutes are very broad,” Griffin explains. “It matters whether Trump ‘endeavors’ to impede the DOJ and congressional investigations at any turn.”

This all hinges on what was in the president’s mind when he fired Comey. If Trump did it because he thought Comey was doing a poor job supervising the Russia investigation, that’s perfectly legal. If he did it because he was worried that Comey’s investigation might end up uncovering some kind of misdeeds by the Trump family — whether Russia-related, financial, or otherwise — then that’s obstruction.

Typically, proving intent is difficult for prosecutors, because establishing what a person was thinking at a particular moment is inherently challenging. But Trump has made things easier for Mueller — by repeatedly, even publicly, admitting that he fired Comey out of hostility to the Russia investigation.

Mueller’s obstruction of justice case against Trump looks damning

Forum List

Back