If This Is True...The Photos

You know.......something to look at here for you people who have never served in the US Armed Forces.....

A team is only as strong as it's weakest member, and one idiot can fuck up the reputation of an entire command if it's done badly enough. Need an example? Some moron decided to go out in Dubai when we were there in '91, and got drunk. Walking back to the ship, they passed by a whole bunch of cars. One of the idiots decided to break in, hotwire it, and go joyriding around the town, being chased by the local authorities.

It almost caused an international incident, and for the next few months, our carrier was known as a shit bird of the fleet.

The actions by these reservists over at Abu Graib are pretty much a black eye for the entire military at the time that it happened. As a military man, I'm not going to ignore it, I'm going to acknowledge that yeah.....some of my fellow brothers and sisters in arms fucked up, and I'm not going to make excuses.

But what I WILL do, is point to all the other shining examples that we do have, and hope that eventually, the stellar service of those individuals will eventually dull the memory of the fucksticks that screwed up.

Making excuses only gets you in trouble, and makes you look like shit to the rest of the world.

Couldn't have said it better.

Far too many people are happy to climb down into the gutter to reach the enemies level. Even if you win, you'll come out smelling like shit.

You know.......something to look at here for you people who have never served in the US Armed Forces.....

A team is only as strong as it's weakest member, and one idiot can fuck up the reputation of an entire command if it's done badly enough. Need an example? Some moron decided to go out in Dubai when we were there in '91, and got drunk. Walking back to the ship, they passed by a whole bunch of cars. One of the idiots decided to break in, hotwire it, and go joyriding around the town, being chased by the local authorities.

It almost caused an international incident, and for the next few months, our carrier was known as a shit bird of the fleet.

The actions by these reservists over at Abu Graib are pretty much a black eye for the entire military at the time that it happened. As a military man, I'm not going to ignore it, I'm going to acknowledge that yeah.....some of my fellow brothers and sisters in arms fucked up, and I'm not going to make excuses.

But what I WILL do, is point to all the other shining examples that we do have, and hope that eventually, the stellar service of those individuals will eventually dull the memory of the fucksticks that screwed up.

Making excuses only gets you in trouble, and makes you look like shit to the rest of the world.

and I think that's more than fair! If it happened it does need to be looked at,, but I resent the sometines kneejerk (and you know it happens) let's blame America first my concern is that with the release of these photos will come the unnecessary death of a soldier who wasn't even involved.. to serve what purpose?? to try and make the fanatics in the ME love us?? that's never gonna happen.

This thread is not about attacking our military. It is about knowing if we raped women and children. Hardly the same as hot wiring a vehicle. Not neccesarily aiming at you BikerSailor but I would hope that every american would like to know that we do not tolorate that. There is no need to get all defensive if you come from a militery background. I took a different path but would like to think I would honor my service, had it happened, by making sure that raping was not allowed or excused.

What facts have you posted exactly? What makes you think I'm nervous? :lol: Even if what you're saying is true, it's based on the actions of small group of people out of thousands that serve with dignity and pride, and is certainly not any reflection on the military as a whole.

That is irrelevant when it comes to the effect of the scandal on other countries around the world. If I was a foreign country and the US chastized me for human rights violations, I'd ask "who the fuck are you to point fingers at me?"

When other countries stop pointing their fingers, then maybe they can talk when they're perfect as well. You act like no one else does it (point fingers), give me a break.

Wow, that made no sense. I am talking about the United States pointing fingers at others when we have been caught violating human rights ourselves. If they point fingers at us, that is not relevant to my comment although they now have every right to.

Well......they've already looked at it, trials have been completed, and jail sentences have been handed out.

Now? We need to go after the assholes in the upper ranks (i.e. White House), find out who gave them free reign, and apply the same rule of law to the upper echelon as what has been given to the troops on the ground.

and I think that's more than fair! If it happened it does need to be looked at,, but I resent the sometines kneejerk (and you know it happens) let's blame America first my concern is that with the release of these photos will come the unnecessary death of a soldier who wasn't even involved.. to serve what purpose?? to try and make the fanatics in the ME love us?? that's never gonna happen.

I've already said that I don't want to see the photos. I want the president and the attourney general to deny these aligations ever happened or prosecute those that had ANYTHING to do with it.

This thread is not about attacking our military. It is about knowing if we raped women and children. Hardly the same as hot wiring a vehicle. Not neccesarily aiming at you BikerSailor but I would hope that every american would like to know that we do not tolorate that. There is no need to get all defensive if you come from a militery background. I took a different path but would like to think I would honor my service, had it happened, by making sure that raping was not allowed or excused.

Huggy, there have always been degenerate assholes that somehow passed through the screenings in boot camp. Some were okay until they were placed outside of the US. And yes, there have been several places where troops have raped as well as killed citizens of other countries. Remember what happened a few years back over in Japan? There were a couple of guys that raped an underage local girl. I've also heard of incidents like that in other places as well.

Yes.......if someone from MY military did do it, I want their dicks in the dirt and their tits hammered to a wall.

But, that is not a reflection of the military as a whole, and, it's also not something that should be swept under the rug.

Huggy, there have always been degenerate assholes that somehow passed through the screenings in boot camp. Some were okay until they were placed outside of the US. And yes, there have been several places where troops have raped as well as killed citizens of other countries. Remember what happened a few years back over in Japan? There were a couple of guys that raped an underage local girl. I've also heard of incidents like that in other places as well.

Yes.......if someone from MY military did do it, I want their dicks in the dirt and their tits hammered to a wall.

But, that is not a reflection of the military as a whole, and, it's also not something that should be swept under the rug.

I respect your take on this......If it is true.

And then thank whatever god you do or do not believe in, that you live in America and enjoy the comforts, protections, and freedom to pass judgement on the very men and women who make those comforts, protections, and freedom so.

IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE OFFENDED AT THE KIND OF INHUMANITY WE ARE UP AGAINST, PLEASE DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK WHICH WILL TAKE YOU TO THE BRUTAL BEHEADING OF PRIVATE CITIZEN AND AMERICAN CONTRACTOR EUGENE ARMSTRONG. WHILE SUCH IMAGES ARE TERRIBLY UNSETTLING, THEY ARE A CLEAR AND UNDENIABLE TESTAMENT TO THE ABJECT BRUTALITY OF THE FANATICAL MUSLIM MINDSET. IT SHOULD ALSO BE NOTED THAT SUCH EXAMPLES ARE NOW FAR FEWER IN IRAQ - DUE IN GREAT PART TO THE BRAVERY AND PROFESSIONALISM OF OUR AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.

Are you saying that we are entitled to be inhuman because they are? No one is arguing that these people are not animals but you don't seem to be getting it.

I've already said that I don't want to see the photos. I want the president and the attourney general to deny these aligations ever happened or prosecute those that had ANYTHING to do with it.

well then,, maybe you should busy yourself writing the ACLU,, cause they do want them release..

That was exactly my point. It doesn't matter if only a few losers were responsible for the inhuman behavior. The rest of the world sees "United States was caught torturing prisioners". I don't even know how such damage to our reputation can be erased, or if it can at all. We are not blaming all of the military but we know that everyone else will and the results will be the same.

That was exactly my point. It doesn't matter if only a few losers were responsible for the inhuman behavior. The rest of the world sees "United States was caught torturing prisioners". I don't even know how such damage to our reputation can be erased, or if it can at all. We are not blaming all of the military but we know that everyone else will and the results will be the same.
Yep...which is why it is important to punish those responsible. Otherwise we are condoning the behavior.

Also a good reason for moderate Muslims to punish those responsible for terrorist acts...

still hunting bush! ho[e someday what goes around comes around,, couldn't think of more deserving people.

Just reading another article about these photos.

It looks like, to me, that if these photos come out, there will be no choice but to go after even more US servicemen and women for even worse crimes. Obama DOES NOT want to have to go after them. It's about image. If they come out, there will be no recourse but to prosecute. Obama will be blasted by the right, regardless, for prosecuting criminlas. There will be more "Muslim sympathizer" talk, more "anti-military" talk.. If he would rather reverse himself on this issue, you can bet that there is some bad shit in these photos.

And the genius of it? The real rub? By making this play, the court gets the decision and Obama can say he fought to keep the photos secret. But still gets to show them.

He's slicker than Willy.

Just reading another article about these photos.

It looks like, to me, that if these photos come out, there will be no choice but to go after even more US servicemen and women for even worse crimes. Obama DOES NOT want to have to go after them. It's about image. If they come out, there will be no recourse but to prosecute. Obama will be blasted by the right, regardless, for prosecuting criminlas. There will be more "Muslim sympathizer" talk, more "anti-military" talk.. If he would rather reverse himself on this issue, you can bet that there is some bad shit in these photos.
Since he's going to get slammed by the right no matter what he does perhaps the thing to do is the right thing.

That said, I don't want to see the results of publishing the photos harm any more Americans.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Bush sucks. He sent the country in the toilet, perhaps Obama will be able to clean it up.

How do you conclude I don't respect and support the military as a whole? It is definitely NOT the end of the story if this is true.

Yet you're willing to post conjecture and then talk about it as if it were true? Why don't you tell me what your agenda is then?

Yet you're willing to post conjecture and then talk about it as if it were true?

I have held off posting of this for a long time because I did not want to believe it. Don't even try to put words in my mouth. You are not any more of or any better an american than I. As an american I demand to know if these things were done in my name.

Conjecture? Hardly. There is more than a prima facia case. I have heard about this for over a year and several months. Pictures of it is a new developement. I have not seen the pictures myself. I'm not saying I want to either. What I would like is for the president or eric holder to deny that they show rape.

My agenda is to see that my country lives up to the ideals my own forfathers faught for in WWI and WWII. I am proud of them and I know they are proud of me. Your opinion has been stained by your comments

How is anyone who has committed a crime doing anything 'in your name'? Give me a break. Save the drama for some other high horse. Since when does someone in the military commiting a crime do it in any other American's name? Where do you get this dribble? If this was done, it was clearly a violatation of AMERICAN LAW, no one in this country would justify or defend those kinds of actions whether they're done by military personnel or civilian citizens. If they were done, they were done on their own merrit by a bunch of degenerates that do not represent you or anyone else in this country. Do you think atrocities weren't done by American or any other countries military personnel in WWI or WWII? Did those people smear your 'forefathers' that fought for their country or anyone else?

There you go again, 'WE' didn't rape anyone, you just keep trying to pin the label of a few (if it even happened to begin with) on an entire nation. Again, you act like 'we' need to tell the world we 'tolerate' that kind of behavior, last time I checked rape was a crime in this country, 'we' don't have to prove that 'we' don't tolerate it. Your argument is ridiculous, and clearly aimed at the military and as a smear on this country as a whole.

Like I said.......the people in charge of Abu Graib were NOT ACTIVE DUTY, THEY WERE RESERVISTS.

Reservists only train for 2-3 weeks/year, with weekend drills once a month. The rest of the time they are full civilians. They were called up to augment the forces already over there, but, because they didn't have the same amount of training as the active duty, they were placed in charge of the prison.

Apparently, before going to Iraq, they watched too many Rambo and Chuck Norris movies.

Is it any wonder they fucked up so badly?

Brit reservists serve frontline. The pro's do what you do and try to degrade them but the fact is, these weekend warriors put their lives on the line just the same.I think you need to apologise to all reservists everywhere that have done their bit.

That is irrelevant when it comes to the effect of the scandal on other countries around the world. If I was a foreign country and the US chastized me for human rights violations, I'd ask "who the fuck are you to point fingers at me?"

When other countries stop pointing their fingers, then maybe they can talk when they're perfect as well. You act like no one else does it (point fingers), give me a break.

Wow, that made no sense. I am talking about the United States pointing fingers at others when we have been caught violating human rights ourselves. If they point fingers at us, that is not relevant to my comment although they now have every right to.

So, what's your point? You expect perfection? Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. No one has ever claimed that this country is perfect, such a country does not exist. Humanity in general will never be perfect. There is no utopia. The left always talks about how we as a country have no right to judge, but you're the first and loudest crowd to bow in front of those judging us and begging forgiveness. It's pathetic.

Forum List

Back