If the terrorists are over here....

and every terrorist act on our soil was commmited by someone who was here legally.

what terrorist acts were committed by illegals?

we'll wait.

To further Jillian's point....closing our borders with Mexico or even Canada would not have stopped any of these attacks.

Point taken... yet every illegal coming across those borders is by definition a criminal... and the easier it is to get into a country, legally or illegally, does by nature increase the risk of a foreign terrorist gaining access to do their terrorist deeds...

Closing the borders like a vice won't prevent a terrorist attack.... but it is still the right thing to do

I am in agreement with you. My point is, closing our borders obviously will not fix all of our issues.

Closing the borders like a vice won't prevent a terrorist attack.... but it is still the right thing to do

Well, thanks, you've just proven VaYank's point: Hyperbolic Baiting Works.

I'm hoping you just mis-spoke, and meant that controlling border security "is still the right thing to do." Controlling borders is MUCH different than CLOSING the fucking borders.

Four attacks and counting. Man and we gots a long way to go and the borders are still open..

and every terrorist act on our soil was commmited by someone who was here legally.

we'll wait.

To further Jillian's point....closing our borders with Mexico or even Canada would not have stopped any of these attacks.

the border needs to be protected for a lot of reasons... it happens that the terrorist attacks which have occurred and the attempted attacks have nothing to do with the border issues they scream about.

and if they were really serious about the borders, they'd make it a felony for someone to hire an illegal.

but they won't...

Well, thanks, you've just proven VaYank's point: Hyperbolic Baiting Works.

I'm hoping you just mis-spoke, and meant that controlling border security "is still the right thing to do." Controlling borders is MUCH different than CLOSING the fucking borders.

Yes.. typo... controlling is the proper way of saying it.... not like closing to prevent travel or legal immigration... I have never stood for any of those things

Maybe we should invade New York.

:cuckoo:

Yeah, and bomb areas where known terrorist cells are. These scumbag americans that support killing innocent civilians to get the bad guys hiding out amongst the innocent are horrendous people with no common sense and intelligence. Would they support the police going after bad guys and having "collateral damage" in this country? No, yet they support killing innocent foreigners by doing such a thing.

"Fight terrorist, where ever they may be found, but why aren't we bombing Tim McVeigh's hometown" Michael Franti

Last edited:
I was watching the news this AM and heard something I didn't know and hadn't heard before.

They have stopped some 27 attacks in NYC since 9-11.

Anyone heard anything like that? Jeeze.

That's just NYC. Imagine how many more "they" have stopped, that we will never hear about. In the UK, the estimate is into the hundreds.

Every so often, no matter who is POTUS, no matter how good our intel, no matter how many people we have trying to protect us.... sooner or later, one is gonna get through. That's why people need to report suspicious behavior. Like that vendor dude in NYC. He rocked!

we'll wait.

the border needs to be protected for a lot of reasons... it happens that the terrorist attacks which have occurred and the attempted attacks have nothing to do with the border issues they scream about.

and if they were really serious about the borders, they'd make it a felony for someone to hire an illegal.

but they won't...

They currently being the Democrats that Control our Government. I admit both sides are to blame for our illegals. Some of you Democrats do not. As for borders have we forgotten the attempt on Seattle a few years back from across the Canadian border?

Have we forgotten that terrorists could slip an entire army across our southern border with out even a fear that any military notice would occur?

Meanwhile you dumb asses are whining about a law in Arizona that would ENFORCE our Immigration laws. A law that has not even gone into effect yet, but with thread after thread of apologists claiming massive profiling is going on and that Hispanics are being denied their rights.

They currently being the Democrats that Control our Government. I admit both sides are to blame for our illegals. Some of you Democrats do not. As for borders have we forgotten the attempt on Seattle a few years back from across the Canadian border?

Have we forgotten that terrorists could slip an entire army across our southern border with out even a fear that any military notice would occur?

Meanwhile you dumb asses are whining about a law in Arizona that would ENFORCE our Immigration laws. A law that has not even gone into effect yet, but with thread after thread of apologists claiming massive profiling is going on and that Hispanics are being denied their rights.

i don't think it should be a partisan issue. Repubs won't do it because they like cheap labor and dems won't do it because they don't want to offend hispanics.

AZ is a different subject for a lot of reasons and it has been dealt with on a lot of threads.

i don't think it should be a partisan issue. Repubs won't do it because they like cheap labor and dems won't do it because they don't want to offend hispanics.

AZ is a different subject for a lot of reasons and it has been dealt with on a lot of threads.

Repubs like cheap labor?

Then, why did Bush sign The Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2007 (Pub.L. 110-28, Title VIII) and raise the federal minimum wage from $5.15 per hour to $7.25 per hour?

Repubs like cheap labor?

Then, why did Bush sign The Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2007 (Pub.L. 110-28, Title VIII) and raise the federal minimum wage from $5.15 per hour to $7.25 per hour?

Because the Democrats made him?

Repubs like cheap labor?

Or.......Bush "bent the Dems over" (AGAIN) for more Iraqi War Funds

:razz:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA:lol::lol:

Repubs like cheap labor?

Or.......Bush "bent the Dems over" (AGAIN) for more Iraqi War Funds

:razz:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA:lol::lol:

Yeah....the Dems got their minimum wage increase in the form of a war funding bill. WHO got bent over again?

Repubs like cheap labor?

ANd the many of the conservatives bitched about how that would damage businesses.

Repubs like cheap labor?

ANd the many of the conservatives bitched about how that would damage businesses.

And it did

....why are all of our troops over there?:eusa_eh:

that's what always made going to iraq so silly...

you can't wage war against a 'tactic'.
Al Qaida terrorists are not a tactic, they are a group of people.

Obama's knowledge of military terminiology is about as impressive as his knowledge of how the economy works.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back