If the Red states seceeded

You're not grasping that it takes agricultural DIVERSITY to feed your people. The Midwest lacks that. They can't grow olives, coconuts, and many other types of plants in sufficient numbers.
Coconuts don't grow anywhere in the United States. Neither do Bananas, coffee, chocolate, mangoes, papayas, plantains, most spices, yada, yada, yada.

View attachment 150873

Let me get this straight...

You think you're going too starve out the breadbasket of the United States which also includes a manufacturing base for military weapons and other machines. Along with oil reserves and most the windmills for power generation. Then there'll be lots of left over corn and soybeans to make fuel when the heavily populated sections of the country put economic sanctions on the breadbasket sections and refuses trade for the food they require.

Have I missed anything here?

Hey! Good luck with that...

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

they can send US all their corn and oil and we will send couple of Iphones and a Tesla....saludos from California.
The blue states can do much better without the red states and the federal government.

The Blue states are going bankrupt.
The high tax rates and high crime rates are driving the middle class taxpayers out of the Blue states.

The blue states would tax the shit out of the wealthy, adopt open borders and become a giant welfare state for the world. Many wealthy residents in blue states would take their wealth and move to the red states. The blue states would go bankrupt under their crushing debt.

Let's say that in the U.S., the rural Midwest along with a chunk of the rural South and Alaska seceded form the Union. Let's say the rural Midwest plus the Dakotas all the way down to the Gulf of Mexico (including Texas) plus Alaska. They're not trying to overthrow the existing government of the U.S. and dictate life to the remaining part of the country, simply trying to leave and start their own government. Now, their reasons for doing so have nothing to do with anything anywhere near as morally reprehensible as slavery. Let's say it actually IS economic reasons that caused this situation in this particular case.

If you were President of the U.S., would you send in the tanks, the infantry, and the planes to carpet bomb cities like Minneapolis MN and Lincoln NE to the ground and basically kill enough of them to the point where they agree to come back against their will in chains and vow to be part of your nation again as long as you promise to stop killing them and their families?

I would suggest a non-violent alternative. We could use economic sanctions to prevent them from trading with anyone. That's right, no goods in or out of the their country. We would starve them out. They would come back before their families died and beg to become part of the Union again. They would have only an isolated geographical region. There are certain crops such as olives, coconuts, and pineapples that they simply cannot grow in sufficient numbers. I would use their lack of sufficient agricultural diversity to make them understand why we need each other.

Actually what I've been saying for a long time now is that it's time for America to become two countries. Just divide the country right down the middle with liberals on one side and conservatives on the other.

Nothing would make me happier than to never have to tolerate liberal antics again. If we chose my side of the country to be conservative and liberals had to move out, that would triple my property value overnight. We could layoff half our police force and perhaps some firefighters as well. Our economy would be flourishing because most businesses would move to the lower tax part of the country. Our prisons would be empty as we transferred all the liberal prisoners to the liberal side of the country. Taxes would be lower because everybody that had the ability to work would be working instead of living off of taxpayers.

What a great country we would have with no liberals.

I would suggest a non-violent alternative. We could use economic sanctions to prevent them from trading with anyone. That's right, no goods in or out of the their country. We would starve them out. They would come back before their families died and beg to become part of the Union again. They would have only an isolated geographical region. There are certain crops such as olives, coconuts, and pineapples that they simply cannot grow in sufficient numbers. I would use their lack of sufficient agricultural diversity to make them understand why we need each other.

Oh my goodness ... How would they eat all that bread without olive oil to dip it in ... You could starve the bread basket.
I think you are correct ... The Midwest and South would crumble without pineapple upside-down cake and coconut macaroons ... :confused:

View attachment 150873

You think you're going too starve out the breadbasket of the United States which also includes a manufacturing base for military weapons and other machines. Along with oil reserves and most the windmills for power generation. Then there'll be lots of left over corn and soybeans to make fuel when the heavily populated sections of the country put economic sanctions on the breadbasket sections and refuses trade for the food they require.

*****CHUCKLE*****

they can send US all their corn and oil and we will send couple of Iphones and a Tesla....saludos from California.
The blue states can do much better without the red states and the federal government.

That might be true if they weren't run by a bunch of dumbass leftwingers who will adopt every hair-brained scheme to destroy their economies. It will only be a matter of a few years until they all resemble Bulgaria under the communists.

Actually what I've been saying for a long time now is that it's time for America to become two countries. Just divide the country right down the middle with liberals on one side and conservatives on the other..

I finally agree with you. Splitting the country like that means the remaining congress and the senate come under democratic control. Nancy Pelosi becomes speaker of the house, and Chuck Schumer leader of the senate. Of course Trump would go crazy because he could no longer make money from places like Mar-a-lago, which would be foreign property.

And Trumps war of words with Kim Jong Un will become just that. Trumps threat of fire and fury and power fades away because most of those assets, whether nukes, or aircraft carriers or submarines are located in the south.

So go ahead

The high tax rates and high crime rates are driving the middle class taxpayers out of the Blue states.

The blue states are paying for the red states. It's like a wealthy man married to a spendthrift wife. But in this case the divorce doesn't split the assets.

Actually what I've been saying for a long time now is that it's time for America to become two countries. Just divide the country right down the middle with liberals on one side and conservatives on the other..

I finally agree with you. Splitting the country like that means the remaining congress and the senate come under democratic control. Nancy Pelosi becomes speaker of the house, and Chuck Schumer leader of the senate. Of course Trump would go crazy because he could no longer make money from places like Mar-a-lago, which would be foreign property.

And Trumps war of words with Kim Jong Un will become just that. Trumps threat of fire and fury and power fades away because most of those assets, whether nukes, or aircraft carriers or submarines are located in the south.

So go ahead

Nope, I meant in half as in north to south. From western Minnesota to the southern part of Texas. I also meant two totally separate governments as well. Each would have their own President and own Congress.

I find it amusing how the left scream " We don't need the Red States so leave! " while ignoring the mere facts:

1. The West Coast would be cut off from the East Coast seeing red States would block your land travel for any interstate commerce.

2. Blue States do not produce enough food during the winter to supply urban centers like New York and will need States like Texas and Arizona to supply fresh produce and meat.

Also Mexico would be cut off from the East Coast by land seeing it would be blocked by Red States.

3. A good majority of your military is setup in Red States like Georgia and Texas.

4. Good amount of the oil and natural resources are in Red States.

5. Banking and Energy headquarters are in Red States like North Carolina and Texas.

So as the left scream " Let'em leave we don't need them " Well you do need the Red States more than you realize but keep on denying it and hope you get your wish...

Nope, I meant in half as in north to south. From western Minnesota to the southern part of Texas. I also meant two totally separate governments as well. Each would have their own President and own Congress.

Exactly. The one in Washington DC would have a democratic majority, and Trump as president.

The blue states are paying for the red states. It's like a wealthy man married to a spendthrift wife. But in this case the divorce doesn't split the assets.

Actually CA is a Blue state and it consumes 25% of the federal welfare spending by itself.
You will find that the states with the highest minority percentages consume the most federal dollars.
Republican Voters in the Red states are not who are getting most of the federal funding in those states.

Le

That is what we should do to Kalifornia. They are the real secessionist nowadays. They refuse to adhere to the immigration laws of the US. They don't want to be part of this country.

Your idea of starving them out is pretty good.

Exactly. The one in Washington DC would have a democratic majority, and Trump as president.

Wrong again. After the divide, each would have their own White House (on their side) and their own representatives. The Democrat politicians would leave or stay on their side as well as the Republicans. No Democrats allowed on the Republican side and no Republicans allowed on the Democrat side. Two totally separate governments.

I find it amusing how the left scream " We don't need the Red States so leave! " while ignoring the mere facts:

So as the left scream " Let'em leave we don't need them " Well you do need the Red States more than you realize but keep on denying it and hope you get your wish...

It would be fun watching Trump try to make America Great Again. He would go down in history as the great "divider"

So go ahead.

View attachment 150873

*****CHUCKLE*****

Not to mention the oil that the coast would not have.

They'd be making so much money off of that....

Wrong again. After the divide, each would have their own White House (on their side) and their own representatives.

As the states leave (one by one) their representatives would be kicked out of congress, which would slowly turn democratic majority. Trump would remain president, and it would be up to the states that left, to form a government.

BTW if texas is going to leave, do it fast, before we spend another dollar on hurricane Harvey.

Forum List

Back