If Romney is a "severe" conservative...who's a moderate?

Romney grasps one basic concept.... that to be President, one should be President for ALL Americans which means one must be moderate in one's actions, even when one is personally conservative. Americans seem to have forgotten that concept... mainly because we've elected a couple of total fucking morons in past decade.

What does "moderate in ones actions" mean exactly?

We can elect a monkey to go with the flow.

Just dress him in a suit, find out what the general consensus is and have him point to it and nod.

We can call it the Romney method.

Then you have learned nothing from Obama.... and Bush... how disappointing. Most Americans are center... they are not left, they are not right.... they are moderate.

We should elect someone who can work both sides of the aisle to achieve a decent outcome for the most people. Not those who pander to the rich, nor those who pander to poverty. Both are fundamentally flawed. We have no need to help the rich, and we cannot help the poor by pretending we can fix their plight by throwing money at them. We don't have enough money..... it will never be enough. But, if - like Romney suggests - we fix the middle.... the rich will be fine (as they always are).... and the poor will be helped to work themselves out of poverty.

It doesn't matter what they label themselves as.
As soon as they implement their flawed agenda and they fail, they're not a "real" conservative.
Take deficits for instance. Hear anything about deficits when Bush was running them up? Nope. Not a problem for 8 years. 1 YEAR later when Obama's in office...BIGGEST PROBLEM EVER!

Take Bush for example. I was told that he wasn't a "real" conservative numerous times after his Presidency proved a disaster, but NEVER before. Certainly not when he cut taxes on the rich or when he implemented the failed CON agenda.

If Romney gets the nomination and he loses, the lesson CONZ will take away from it is that he wasn't a "real" conservative, not that their agenda was overwhelmingly rejected by the vast majority of Americans.

Which is fine with me. The longer CONZ stay delusional as to the source of their failures, the weaker they become.

lets hope the Democrats become weaker also so they both can fade away into the landscape and then maybe we can get people into office who actually care about the Country.....

romney is a moderate. he will govern very similar to bush ii/obama. but you can be 100% sure that the hardcore partisans won't believe anything that i've just typed here. heck, if they accepted the truth, their whole partisan mindset would go "poof".

Romney grasps one basic concept.... that to be President, one should be President for ALL Americans which means one must be moderate in one's actions, even when one is personally conservative. Americans seem to have forgotten that concept... mainly because we've elected a couple of total fucking morons in past decade.

Just dress him in a suit, find out what the general consensus is and have him point to it and nod.

Then you have learned nothing from Obama.... and Bush... how disappointing. Most Americans are center... they are not left, they are not right.... they are moderate.

We should elect someone who can work both sides of the aisle to achieve a decent outcome for the most people. Not those who pander to the rich, nor those who pander to poverty. Both are fundamentally flawed. We have no need to help the rich, and we cannot help the poor by pretending we can fix their plight by throwing money at them. We don't have enough money..... it will never be enough. But, if - like Romney suggests - we fix the middle.... the rich will be fine (as they always are).... and the poor will be helped to work themselves out of poverty.

Then Romney should run with that.

I assume, since your line of reasoning is Moderate is great, that you understand that Romney is a moderate.

Yet, he claims to be "severely conservative".

If he'll lie thru his teeth about being a "severe" conservative, just to get votes...what else will he lie about just to get votes?

His abortion stance?

His gun control position?

Repealing Obamacare?

Cutting spending?

Not raising taxes?

Balancing the budget?

The list is endless...

Romney cannot be trusted.

Last edited:
If Romney is a "severe" conservative...who's a moderate?

Mitt Romney. He's also a liberal.

And he abuses family pets and likes to fire people.

How does the Romneycare mandate differ from the Obamacare mandate?

Is a state the federal government? No. It is a state, and states have the right to provide that, if that is what their electorate wants.... the federal government is not a state. It is federal. Not hard.

Is a state the federal government? No. It is a state, and states have the right to provide that, if that is what their electorate wants.... the federal government is not a state. It is federal. Not hard.

All true. The fear is that Romney won't stop ObamaCare as it is known that Obama used Romney's plan as a template.

I think that is the crux, er..uhmm...rather wall Romney has to climb in the eyes of some.

Then Romney should run with that.

I assume, since your line of reasoning is Moderate is great, that you understand that Romney is a moderate.

Yet, he claims to be "severely conservative".

If he'll lie thru his teeth about being a "severe" conservative, just to get votes...what else will he lie about just to get votes?

His abortion stance?

His gun control position?

Repealing Obamacare?

Cutting spending?

Not raising taxes?

Balancing the budget?

The list is endless...

Romney cannot be trusted.

I think he is a conservative. So am I. He's also a politician - and was Gov of a very liberal state. You don't run a liberal state by implementing strict conservative policies. You run it by working with liberals (and there are some rational, fiscally aware liberals)... and you use your conservatism to ensure the budget works. Which is what Romney did.

I think he's a great candidate.... because he has the business experience to help the private sector to recover... and by helping them, he helps us. We will not have a strong recovery until business feels confident... and Obama is not the man to do that. Romney is.

In a different economic situation, I wouldn't necessarily support Romney.... but more than anything else I am practical, and an American. I want what is best for the nation. And that is Mitt Romney.

What the heck is a "severe" conservative?
If that means the Founders? Then I'm severe...I'm good with it.
icon14.gif

All true. The fear is that Romney won't stop ObamaCare as it is known that Obama used Romney's plan as a template.

I think that is the crux, er..uhmm...rather wall Romney has to climb in the eyes of some.

I don't do 'fear'. I do facts. Romney is not a stupid man. He knows the public hates ObamaCare and he understands why. He also knows that what works in a state does not necessarily work at a federal level. And he knows it's unconstitutional.

Of course Obama used the Mass HC as a template.... it was a good template. The fact remains that it was not appropriate for a federal government... and that is not Romney's fault. It is Obama's fault. To pretend otherwise is disingenuous.

Romney is - economically - the smartest politician in the country, in my view... and (insert optional deity here) knows, we need an economically smart President.

What the heck is a "severe" conservative?
I think the OP's point is that Romney was a governor of a Blue State...had to 'get along' with the other side...relied on Teddy Kennedy to help craft RomneyCare (As Bush relied on him towrite "No child Left Behind)...isn't Conservative...and has just as of recent has warmed over into being Conservative...being the 'Moderate' he was in Massechussetts...I don't think the OP trusts Romney at all.

I don't do 'fear'. I do facts. Romney is not a stupid man. He knows the public hates ObamaCare and he understands why. He also knows that what works in a state does not necessarily work at a federal level. And he knows it's unconstitutional.

Of course Obama used the Mass HC as a template.... it was a good template. The fact remains that it was not appropriate for a federal government... and that is not Romney's fault. It is Obama's fault. To pretend otherwise is disingenuous.

Romney is - economically - the smartest politician in the country, in my view... and (insert optional deity here) knows, we need an economically smart President.

OK Cool. I used the word 'fear' as I have heard people around the country cite what I wrote as a fear in thier mind. An observation, if you will.

Forum List

Back