If Romney is a "severe" conservative...who's a moderate?

What the heck is a "severe" conservative?

Mitt Romney.

He's also a "moderate" and a "liberal". Depends on where his speech is being given.
Deany? YOU need to do something about that avie...You have some thinking that YOU have a thing for Chris Christie as a main course and are salivating to have him as your own...

How does the Romneycare mandate differ from the Obamacare mandate?

Is a state the federal government? No. It is a state, and states have the right to provide that, if that is what their electorate wants.... the federal government is not a state. It is federal. Not hard.

A mandate is a mandate.

Whether it is a state mandate or a federal mandate, is the result not exactly the same?

If you believe it is OK for the state to implement a mandate...why would you oppose the same at the federal level?

It's ridicules.

Then you have learned nothing from Obama.... and Bush... how disappointing. Most Americans are center... they are not left, they are not right.... they are moderate.

We should elect someone who can work both sides of the aisle to achieve a decent outcome for the most people. Not those who pander to the rich, nor those who pander to poverty. Both are fundamentally flawed. We have no need to help the rich, and we cannot help the poor by pretending we can fix their plight by throwing money at them. We don't have enough money..... it will never be enough. But, if - like Romney suggests - we fix the middle.... the rich will be fine (as they always are).... and the poor will be helped to work themselves out of poverty.

Then Romney should run with that.

I assume, since your line of reasoning is Moderate is great, that you understand that Romney is a moderate.

Yet, he claims to be "severely conservative".

If he'll lie thru his teeth about being a "severe" conservative, just to get votes...what else will he lie about just to get votes?

His abortion stance?

His gun control position?

Repealing Obamacare?

Cutting spending?

Not raising taxes?

Balancing the budget?

The list is endless...

Romney cannot be trusted.

I think he is a conservative. So am I. He's also a politician - and was Gov of a very liberal state. You don't run a liberal state by implementing strict conservative policies. You run it by working with liberals (and there are some rational, fiscally aware liberals)... and you use your conservatism to ensure the budget works. Which is what Romney did.

I think he's a great candidate.... because he has the business experience to help the private sector to recover... and by helping them, he helps us. We will not have a strong recovery until business feels confident... and Obama is not the man to do that. Romney is.

In a different economic situation, I wouldn't necessarily support Romney.... but more than anything else I am practical, and an American. I want what is best for the nation. And that is Mitt Romney.

Ok, now we are getting somewhere.

So back to the original question.

If Romney is "severely" conservative...then what or who is a moderate?

How does the Romneycare mandate differ from the Obamacare mandate?

Is a state the federal government? No. It is a state, and states have the right to provide that, if that is what their electorate wants.... the federal government is not a state. It is federal. Not hard.

A mandate is a mandate.

Whether it is a state mandate or a federal mandate, is the result not exactly the same?

If you believe it is OK for the state to implement a mandate...why would you oppose the same at the federal level?

It's ridicules.

Allow me to put this another way.

If Obama was governor of your state, and congress was the legislative body of your state, and they instituted Obamacare, that would have made it totally acceptable to you...because it was your state forcing you to purchase their state-mandated government healthcare?

And if all 50 states instituted state-mandated healthcare, no problem there either...it's all good, as long as is not a federal government mandate...right?

I mean the result is exactly the same, but we shouldn't complain as long as Obamacare is installed at the state level one state at a time.

Last edited:
Heres one way that Romney is more conservative then Santorum:
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_new...-hits-santorum-as-romney-campaign-flies-south
"Senator Santorum and I have a strong disagreement. A strong disagreement; that he believed that earmark and pork barrel projects were good for America. I think it's wrong for America," McCain said, to rising applause from the crowd. "And so does Sen. DeMint, and so does Sen. Lindsey Graham, who have been staunch fighters against earmark and pork barrel spending, and I know you're proud of them."

Heres one way that Romney is more conservative then Santorum:
First Read - McCain hits Santorum, as Romney campaign flies south
"Senator Santorum and I have a strong disagreement. A strong disagreement; that he believed that earmark and pork barrel projects were good for America. I think it's wrong for America," McCain said, to rising applause from the crowd. "And so does Sen. DeMint, and so does Sen. Lindsey Graham, who have been staunch fighters against earmark and pork barrel spending, and I know you're proud of them."

Apparently not.

Romney’s Olympic earmarks under fire

Washington • Presidential candidate Mitt Romney has hammered rival Rick Santorum on his support for federal pork as a senator, but Romney, too, is guilty of nabbing Washington cash, especially while heading the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City.

Romney sought congressional directed funds — known as earmarks — to help build transportation systems and augment security operations for the Games and argued that such money was vital to putting on the events.

"No matter how well we did cutting costs and raising revenue, we couldn’t have Games without the support of the federal government," Romney wrote in his first book, Turnaround: Crisis, Leadership and the Olympic Games.

The federal government pumped more than $340 million into Utah in advance of the 2002 Games, funding about 18 percent of the cost, including funds for buses, light-rail construction and a host of security-related projects, according to a report by the Government Accountability Office.

If costs for rebuilding Interstate 15 and all of the light-rail expenses are added, the federal sum zooms to $1.3 billion.

Romney

A mandate is a mandate.

It's ridicules.

If Obama was governor of your state, and congress was the legislative body of your state, and they instituted Obamacare, that would have made it totally acceptable to you...because it was your state forcing you to purchase their state-mandated government healthcare?

And if all 50 states instituted state-mandated healthcare, no problem there either...it's all good, as long as is not a federal government mandate...right?

I mean the result is exactly the same, but we shouldn't complain as long as Obamacare is installed at the state level one state at a time.
He MEANS he is a hard core, a bit to the right of Mussolini, CONservative; just what the rabids want. He isn't but he wishes he was.
The attacks on Santorum for his PRIOR beliefs in AIDS prevention, charity, and education are escalating.

A mandate is a mandate.

It's ridicules.

He MEANS he is a hard core, a bit to the right of Mussolini, CONservative; just what the rabids want. He isn't but he wishes he was.
The attacks on Santorum for his PRIOR beliefs in AIDS prevention, charity, and education are escalating.
Sorry. Moussilini...he isn't. NOT buy any stretch. YOU too are practicing mental gymnatics.:eusa_hand:

What the heck is a "severe" conservative?

Mitt Romney.

He's also a "moderate" and a "liberal". Depends on where his speech is being given.
Deany? YOU need to do something about that avie...You have some thinking that YOU have a thing for Chris Christie as a main course and are salivating to have him as your own...

Crispie's a big "ham". What can I say.

How do you spell ham?

C

O

R

N

ham

Who thinks he's a conservative or a severe conservative?

He's a big gov't liberal, Obama learned everything he knows about big gov't healthcare from Romney.

Oh stop, he's a typical modern day Conservative. Crony capitalist...

He's a modern day neocon, along with Bush, Obama and all our big time politicians.

They've all been bought and paid for long ago by special interests, they'll all skyrocket debt/deficits/spending, they all couldn't give a shit less about the average joe.

Obama supporters need not worry about Romney, he'd be a nice silver medal for you guys in a worst case scenario. Your beloved ObamaCare will be expanded under Romney or Obama.

New Topics

Forum List

Back