If Mitt Romney wins, the middle class loses

Oursourcing is more a result of over regulation than wages and benefits. After all, higher wages can always be dealt with by raising prices. There is no way to combat regulation aside from closing or leaving.

Were the high tech jobs lost to outsourcing or competition? 50 or 60 years ago we didn't have to compete with anyone. Now we have Japan, China, Taiwan etc

Again I say we are not changing and adjusting to the times. Who's fault is that?

Competition?

Let's go down the list here. Businesses in this country flourish because of security, an educated work force, great infrastructure, a great judicial system and a plethoria of services offered to them.

Most of this comes from the tax payer. So in addition to benefitting from all these factors and the work of the American Tax payer in their very companies, executives still weren't happy with profit margins.

So they bought politicians to get rid of what they didn't like. That being the tax rate and regulations.

And in return?

They use favorable trade deals and tax rates to go overseas to hire employees that work pennies on the dollar.

You'd think that these executives would be thankful for what they had..and realize that overall they benefit from our consumer driven economy.

But they aren't.

The only thing that seems to make them happy..is big paychecks.

Knowing that..what are you guys offering up?

Bigger paychecks for executives.

And a gutting of the middle class.

Oursourcing is more a result of over regulation than wages and benefits. After all, higher wages can always be dealt with by raising prices. There is no way to combat regulation aside from closing or leaving.

Which "over" regulation pushed companies overseas?

Minimum wage?

:lol:

Were the high tech jobs lost to outsourcing or competition? 50 or 60 years ago we didn't have to compete with anyone. Now we have Japan, China, Taiwan etc

Again I say we are not changing and adjusting to the times. Who's fault is that?

Competition?

Let's go down the list here. Businesses in this country flourish because of security, an educated work force, great infrastructure, a great judicial system and a plethoria of services offered to them.

Most of this comes from the tax payer. So in addition to benefitting from all these factors and the work of the American Tax payer in their very companies, executives still weren't happy with profit margins.

So they bought politicians to get rid of what they didn't like. That being the tax rate and regulations.

And in return?

They use favorable trade deals and tax rates to go overseas to hire employees that work pennies on the dollar.

You'd think that these executives would be thankful for what they had..and realize that overall they benefit from our consumer driven economy.

But they aren't.

You started off on the wrong foot.

Businesses flourish because they offer a product that is in demand at a competitive price.

It really is that simple.

Competition?

Let's go down the list here. Businesses in this country flourish because of security, an educated work force, great infrastructure, a great judicial system and a plethoria of services offered to them..

Um, excuse me, but the libtards on this board have repeatedly stated our infrastructure is crumbling, our educational system is in a shambles and we need more teachers, and judicial activism on behalf of the GOP is rampant.

You don't sound like you're in lock step anymore.

So having a competant government and a strong economy is bad for the middle class?

You do realize there are no classes right?

Um, yeah, actually they are.

Or Rush Limbaugh would be a jail cell with Jodie the Crackhead.

Frankly, I'm not sure Romney would bring either to the US< to be honest.

He's pretty much what got us into this mess. Destroying the middle class so a few rich douchebags could have $200,000 Car Elevators and $77,000 riding horsies.

I had rather vote for a man who has worked and proven he knows how to make a profit and by the way profit is what fuels growth. No profit no growth. Obama has never in his life created anything except lies and deception and he did that spending someone elses money. Obama is a dangerous fraud.

The middle class was once the most dependable voting block the democrats had, it had to die.

The middle class has been losing since 1992.

Obama was supposed to save the middle class.

Yeah, that worked. :rolleyes: Wealth of U.S. families has plunged to lowest level in two decades | Deseret News

That data is two years old.

Americans net worth is up $9 trillion dollars since Obama took office.

Thanks for reminding me.

TNWBSHNO_Max_630_378.png

Americans net worth went from about 44 trillion to about 68 trillion under Bush. It then took a nosedive to about 51 trillion under Obama, and has slowly worked it's way back up to about 63 trillion... which is still less that the high under Bush.

BTW, this is Chris's source :rofl:
Again we see that Bush was a six year president, 2001 to 2007. :cuckoo: The Bush Depression happened under Obama's presidency which began in 2007 while he was a junior senator. :cuckoo:

And, youhave a link for that 2012 data on Americans' net worth?

See, because this 2010 data on Americans' net worth is the most current there is - from the Federal Reserve. The Fed has already updated this data to include this year?

Wow. Let's see the link.

TIA.

:cuckoo:

I probably posted this a dozen times. From the Fed....

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/data/TNWBSHNO.txt

And I am sorry, I was wrong. It's up to $10 trillion since Obama took office.
Thanks for the link.

Yet, the net worth of households fell 40% between 2007 and 2010. What can I say?

Obama has yet to save the middle class, like he said he would. The middle class is much worse off today than it was in 1992.

Obama never addresses the uncertainty that is blocking job growth.

I probably posted this a dozen times. From the Fed....

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/data/TNWBSHNO.txt

And I am sorry, I was wrong. It's up to $10 trillion since Obama took office.
Thanks for the link.

Yet, the net worth of households fell 40% between 2007 and 2010. What can I say?

Obama has yet to save the middle class, like he said he would. The middle class is much worse off today than it was in 1992.

Of course not then he might actually have to say what he is going to do about it, which is nothing.

The era of well paid low skill jobs has passed. Turning a bolt on a production line no longer is available. The rich are educated thus they can change with and absorb a new economy model. Is it their fault the uneducated don't further their education and as a result are trapped in the past?

By the way, I went from minimum wage to nearly 6 figures in under a decade and I'm an ex convict. So don't give me some bullshit sob story.

Except that alot of that outsourcing was of high tech jobs done by super edcuated people.

Ah...so we are in the era of the extremely wealthy..and the uber poor.

Why does that sound so familiar?

Come on now GMU - you don't really expect liberals to compete, do you? They are Communists, and Communists believe "everyone is equal". They expect equal results despite not having equal talents - or, more importantly - putting in equal effort. It's why Communism fails everywhere world wide and it's why liberals like Swallow fail.

Competition?

And in return?

But they aren't.

What a bunch of bullshit - government hasn't provided ANYTHING to most businessed. In fact, liberal government has HINDERED businesses with their stiffling regulations and stiffling taxes in the name of liberal greed and "spread-the-wealth" Commiunist ideology.

Businesses pay the highest corporate tax rate in the world - so they MORE than pay for the "security" and "education" bullshit that you try to use against them.

Competition?

And in return?

But they aren't.

By the way stupid, if the workforce is so "educated" why don't they start their own damn business and keep the jobs here in America?!?!? Instead of cryingn like a little bitch, why don't you start your own company and hire American's who are looking for work? Too lazy?

That data is two years old.

Americans net worth is up $9 trillion dollars since Obama took office.

Thanks for reminding me.

TNWBSHNO_Max_630_378.png

Americans net worth went from about 44 trillion to about 68 trillion under Bush. It then took a nosedive to about 51 trillion under Obama, and has slowly worked it's way back up to about 63 trillion... which is still less that the high under Bush.

BTW, this is Chris's source :rofl:
Again we see that Bush was a six year president, 2001 to 2007. :cuckoo: The Bush Depression happened under Obama's presidency which began in 2007 while he was a junior senator. :cuckoo:

you really are a moron, aren't you.

When the middle class is under-employed and financially stressed the country's economy is in the tank, and yet this guy and his band of merry progressives propose all we have to do is spend more of what this country does not have. It takes balls, a vision, and leadership to make tough decisions and yet he has demonstrated he has neither.

Thanks for the link.

Of course not then he might actually have to say what he is going to do about it, which is nothing.

What are you kidding me? If there is one thing you cannot accuse Obama of, it's doing nothing. Obama is the one creating the uncertainty with his anti-business rhetoric ("the rich must pay their fair share" - even though they already pay way more than their "fair share"), his anti-business policies (unconstitutionally bypassing existing laws and Congress to allow illegal aliens to continue to flood our country and be a financial drain on our system), his anti-business bills (Frank & Dodd Finance Reform bill and Obamacare), and his anti-business spending spree which has brought us to $16 trillion in debt and frozen investors with fear of collapse.

Obama is to blame for the entire mess, but you certainly can't blame him for "doing nothing". I wish he would have done nothing - we'd all be fine today if he had.

Competition?

And in return?

But they aren't.

What a bunch of bullshit - government hasn't provided ANYTHING to most businessed. In fact, liberal government has HINDERED businesses with their stiffling regulations and stiffling taxes in the name of liberal greed and "spread-the-wealth" Commiunist ideology.

Businesses pay the highest corporate tax rate in the world - so they MORE than pay for the "security" and "education" bullshit that you try to use against them.

You're absolutely and 100% wrong.

This country, starting with the Constitution has provided a extremely steady and secure environment in which to practice business.

And that started with the idea that your idea would be protected in American courts..and that trade routes would be protected by the navy.

That's continued..with the building of infrastructure, a solid banking system, and many other goodies that business in this country utilize daily.

It's been highly successful..as evidenced by this country's wealth.

The notion that the tax rates are "the highest in the world" is bull. Most companies have all sorts of loopholes that get them out of paying those taxes.

And in return? They get to operate in an country where they don't have to worry, for the most part, about riots, massive strikes that cripple their commerce, fires, terrorism, flooding, the collapse of banks, kidnapping, tainted water, unreliable power and a myriad of other issues that plague companies that operate in third world nations.

Thanks for the link.

Pretty weak.

Bush was the goose that flew into the engine.

Obama landed the plane in the Hudson.

The engines were fine when Obama crashed the country.

ROFLMAO!!!! Sir, do you have no shame?

When the middle class is under-employed and financially stressed the country's economy is in the tank, and yet this guy and his band of merry progressives propose all we have to do is spend more of what this country does not have. It takes balls, a vision, and leadership to make tough decisions and yet he has demonstrated he has neither.

What do you propose? Austerity? Budget cuts? Things that will contract the economy further? Shrink the tax base even more?

Never worked before. Won't work now.

Which would you rather have in the Oval Office? A person who worked hard and met payrolls and understands the private sector or an angry dog eating, dope smoking community activist who's political mentor was a domestic terrorist and who never made a dime that wasn't stolen from an endowment fund or confiscated from taxpayers? How well did the middle class do under Obama?

Forum List

Back